Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Lost units!! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 04:11 PM

Bakkelid94 has a default reputation
Default Lost units!!

Username: Bakkelid94
Race: Human
Townname: Winterburg
Slot: 1

After using my royal and ice dragon + some unicorns to siege an elf city. I won the battle without losing any units, since i just used my dragons in the fighting. But when i returned to the world map my ice dragon and unicorns were gone.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Sorry about your ice dragon, there are still a few army missing glitches. if you can state more details into how this exactly happened it may help us, such as what quests where currently active and how many armies you had during the time that it happened. There have been a few army updates since the last patch so hopefully it wont happen again, if it does besure to post your log1.txt before reopening the game another time.

I also pmed you about getting back a dragon ~ enjoy.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM

abyssknic has a default reputation
Exclamation Help

me too i attacked darssen with my human army i won with 5 units lost then when i get back to world map i lose everything exept my 2 dragons and my hero an catapults and now i cant select my units by cliking on them nor can i move them
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

Just lost a haunter and a green dragon

Account Neinth,city Larsd,slot 3
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Neinth - let me know if you need a compensation, I know you wanted to loose some on purpose so not sure how you want us to deal with this.

It`s really sad to see this bug still being in the game though... Can you provide more info on how you lost them please?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

well would like the haunter back,only cuz i cant get him in market lol

the green isnt important,used those excess wealth for him,then tried to get him to go poof.Just didnt think the haunter would go with him when i did it.

But what i had done for the dragons to go poof,was get them killed off,left them dead in army,and garrisoned the army.Did that a few times to see if map transfers where causeing the dragon to go poof,and it seems,it does.Thing is,the haunter dragon wasnt in that army,he was with my ice dragon and hero.

Did notice,before they went poof on me,while moving them back and forth between city and army,i ended up with 2 dead reds in my city,which i have no reds,so thinking they may have been haunters now,so figured i had glitched somewhere and restarted cleint,and thats when i realized my little expirament worked better than i had intended.

I;d be more than happy to see if i can get my ice to go poof as well,and post the log file if you think that would help any.But I would sorta maybe want the ice and the haunter back at some point lmao.

And wanted to mention,dont think this is a dragon only issue,in chat hearing ALOT today about armies going poof,and lost some myself,plus cloning of 30 units at once,which is sorta cool.Real clones to,not those lvl 1's with 1 unit in them.

I dont know exactly how the games processing the units during maptransfers,but it seems that the file that has the army information is not being updated correctly,but reverting back to an older version,only think this because I havent noticed losing older units,just newer additions to the armies.

Anyways,i'm rather active,cant seem to leave the game alone,be happy to test anything you guys want or need,just let me know,though wouldnt mind having the promo-type units not available in market replaced.If a log file would help this,will go make an army go poof somehow and post it,been half-working on a thoery of how to make em david blaine on me.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Well I got 2 screenies and a logfile for you,though instead of losing a unit,i gained them again.I think their tied toghether,but you can decide.

This was done in same manner as when i lost the haunter/green dragon,cept as you can see it sorta backfired on me.Also this is on slot 4 city Jlet

When I lost the haunter/green they took up city population,with this one,the game said they did,but city view showed only 10/71

If i am right,if i do same thing with a new set of units I havent had long,they should go poof instead of get cloned.think i'll go buy some sheep.
Attached Images
File Type: png 3ice.png (199.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png 4ice.png (120.6 KB, 4 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (859.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Ok not gonna pretend to know exactly how the game works,but looking through the log files of a series of log-ins and outs,forming armies,using low troop numbers to try and keep track of them ect ect.

So it seems battalionids are generated when you log in,for the units in your city at that time.

Putting them into an army,changes them to wmid's(didnt happen until i went into region view,so theres a step somewhere not in the logfile :<)

In seige mode its back to battalionids(i think)

Now,i noticed the city is designated armyid 1,and army one is armyid 2

I was thinking,maybe the issue is the switch from battalionid to wmid,and vice-versa,as it appears these id's are changed when switching between the two.

Anyways,was thinking if the id's where set instead of generated on map changes,may solve the issues of duplicateing armies and lost armies,would have a pool of 390 available slots,ids being global across both the worldmap and the city views.Maybe something for the hero like "accountname.slotnumber.hero.1" instead of battalionid=3 or wmid =1 other units would be "accountname.slotnumber.unitcode.1-?" since these feilds would only change,would tell the army "accountname.slotnumber.unitcode.15" is in armyid 1,being the city,and "accountname.slotnumber.unitcode.16" is in armyid 3,being army 2 on world map.

Dragons would be best at end the pool numbers,since they take up more than 1 slot,would just make an Ice unit number 390,then have the avalaibe open slots in pool end at 380

I dont know if that would solve the units dissapearing or cloneing,but i think much less information would be being changed this way,which may help.I also dont know how much of the codeing would have to change for that to work.I could also see something like this possibly increaseing the load time when your switching views as game tries to track down which units go where.But since theres a set ammount of units you can have,I wouldnt think it would be an issue.

As i said,I dont know exactly how everythings working in the game code,so this may just be way offbase for a solution.

And all that looking at the log file to come up with a theory,noticed alot of missing textures,animations,sounds,and all that jazz,assuming the reference is in the mithpaks,without being to forward,would love to take a peek at em.I get bored sorry :>

Last edited by Neinth : 01-04-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Lost ability to move 3 goblin raiders from the city,figured it may or may not be relavant so attached a log file for it,log file showed alot of lost leader/add leader messages

The three that wouldnt move had just been damaged,had them at the spring resting up some,restart of cleint did make them movable.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (472.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

This is a log file from loseing about 17 goblin raiders after moving from region veiw to world veiw,appears the damaged ones just didnt come back.

On post about this one,about units stuck in city view until relog,wargs haveing same problem when their damaged as well.

I did notice this log file doesnt show the wmid or i am just over looking it somewhere.

its late,do believe i'ma go to bed,hope my rambling posts help somehow :>
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (517.8 KB, 0 views)