Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

black screen on quest start - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011, 10:42 AM

devvv has a default reputation
Unhappy black screen on quest start

hello!

I experienced this issue the first time while playing (never had a bug before) but I think it prevents me from doing any other quests, cuz I cant complete this one. I'm pretty new to DoF, (I'm still not yet flagged for pvp) but never had a black screen on a NPC-attack. It happens when I want to start the quest "Old scores" from the world map. The scenario is loading, but then it turns all black, however I can still hear music in the background. But I cant do anything else but pressing ALT+F4. It happend every time when doing this quest.

thanks,
bernhard
Old 12-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by devvv View Post
hello!

I experienced this issue the first time while playing (never had a bug before) but I think it prevents me from doing any other quests, cuz I cant complete this one. I'm pretty new to DoF, (I'm still not yet flagged for pvp) but never had a black screen on a NPC-attack. It happens when I want to start the quest "Old scores" from the world map. The scenario is loading, but then it turns all black, however I can still hear music in the background. But I cant do anything else but pressing ALT+F4. It happend every time when doing this quest.

thanks,
bernhard
k please post up your ingame account name and what your town is called, we will copy it and debug it to find the problem.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

Have had same thing happen myself,alt f-4 and force closeing dof.exe in task manager has fixed them on relog(few different quests so far)

chat still works,and can hear the background fighting in the ones i had problem with,thinking its just not loading the cinema correctly
Old 12-24-2011, 01:40 PM

hello!

I fixed it by changing some gfx settings. It worked when trying it the 4th time but thanks for the fast reply
Old 12-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

which settings did you change if you dont mind ? just in case another is reading with same issue if not no worries
Old 12-26-2011, 11:43 AM

Sure, I changed

* Distance from very high to high (now)
* Shadows quality to medium (from high)
* Water quality to medium (now) from high

I'm playing in German language btw, but I dont think that this is something that made this bug occur.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Blade2far has a default reputation
Exclamation Blank screen on quest

Hi All

Have encountered a problem eveytime i attempt to start the quest near Thorndale to become a Knight. When i start it the screen goes black but i can still hear music and still see the chat box.
Slightly annoying cause i was like omg im gonna become a knight but bam computer says no.
Have talked to another guy in -game who has the same problem in the same place.

Thanks for your time

Blade
Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

A few people in chat are having this issue,trying to get people who have this to test it.Also from what i can tell from chat,so far only humans,when I had it week ago was humans as well.

From when it happened to me,and from other peoples descriptions in chat,I think its either failed to load cinema or loading of units improperly causing it.

I think blade just got it to work by dropping a dragon from the army.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

As long as we can get a log1.txt posted by someone who had this issue (make sure they take Log1.txt file right after this happens) we should be able to fix this once and for all. As I understand by some reason the hero unit is not spawning and it`s breaking the quest scripting.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

next time i see someone in chat say it,will direct them to post the log1 file :> sometimes that works lol