Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Black Screen and textures missing - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 AM

Teufelchen has a default reputation
Default Black Screen and textures missing

I have a problem to get into the game. all runs fine until I choose one of the kingdom buttons.
No matter if i click on the online kingdom or the other, it begins to load and then I have a black screen only with the mouse and some sounds working.

The log1.txt file says there are several textures, animations and some sounds missing. I tried a de- and re-install with the same result, black screen and Textures etc missing in log file.

So I can't get any further to register my game yet.

Don't know if it has something to do with it, but I have one of the first copies with "wrong" code (the 6-5-5-5-4 thingy), maybe there are other problems like missing textures on those too.

Edit: oh and... I can't change the resolution, if I change it and say "apply" it does it but as soon as I restart it has the old resolution in it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (137.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

Having missing texures in pvp maps myself,maybe related.

As for resolution,only way to actually change right now is to change desktop resolution.

Edit: checked log1 file as well,figured i;d attach it
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (300.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Neinth : 12-22-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Teu,
The game takes the resolution for the main screen from your desktop settings. Once you login it should set to the resolution you specified in your options.

As for the problem with your GFX. What GFX card do you have?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

I dont believe this is a graphics card issue(textures missing) I have been playing game without any major grahpical issues for about 2 weeks now,but today got into a army v army map and entire middle was grid lines.

I posted a picture of it on the bug forum section,crappy pic,but forums wont allow full sized screenshots
Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 AM

Teufelchen has a default reputation

Well, yesterday I had the black screen problem... with todays x-mas patch I have a lot more problems.
Nothing goes, it starts and I see the fine new x-mas painting and then everything hangs and I had to reboot the system. Couldn't even click a button, but mouse was working fine. (edit: as soon as I moved mouse over the button to click it, all freezes and then only a reboot was possible.)

Also the log file today shows many many more missing textures and animations, meshes etc than yesterday.

And no, it shouldn't be my graphic card (running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ with an ATI Radeon 5750), Anno 2070 and even The Witcher 2 (on lowest settings and window mode 1024x768) are running with it relatively good. So it should handle DoF too I think.

If you ask me, I would say the problem are all those hundreds of missing files which are listed in the log file.... so where are they? Seems like I got only a half game.

Edit2: Nevertheless, happy x-mas to all of you.
I will be back after the holidays so please fix the game meanwhile. :P
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (135.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Teufelchen : 12-23-2011 at 06:48 AM.