Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Is my pc fine for this game? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 07:49 AM

tyntas has a default reputation
Default Is my pc fine for this game?

Ill be buying a new pc in the next 2 months, but since i really wanna try this game im considering playing it with my old one but im not sure if he can run it.. I dont mind playing on the lowest graphics even with some "lags" , just wondering if my pc can even run:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Radeon X1650 Series 256.0 MB

If not, well i guess ill have to wait till i get a new one. Its just i really want to try this game so im getting desperate ^^
Old 12-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Recommended requirements :

Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7®
2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2® Duo or AMD equivalent
2 GB RAM
4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
5 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI equivalent (GeForce GT Recommended)
DirectX 9.0 Compatible Sound Card

I guess it should run on your PC, if not highest, at least on medium details with shadows off and some of the advanced video settings turned off. You have Shader Model 3 on this card and the rest of its specs as far as I know are ok for running the game. But you should try other game demos that have the DoF recommended system specs.

Last edited by szebus : 12-18-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:15 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

You can't be sure..the engine isn't entirely optimized..i can rrun shogun2 on ULTRA and experience no lag as opposed to DOF- where i do have lag.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

tyntas, you can give it a try but I worry about the lack of RAM on your GFX card. Might be a little slow.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:27 AM

tyntas has a default reputation

Just bought the game but it seems i wont be able to play it until i get a new pc - the game crashes when i launch it, cant even lower my graphic settings. My video card is just not good enough but still would be great to see an option to choose ur graphic options on the launcher - before u actually launch the game.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Sorry for the late reply - to confirm - yet this is a video card issue. Keep in mind - any video card over 50$ will run the game at least on minimal settings. If your budget is around 100$ u should be able to run DoF on max settings.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

tyntas,
I know its sort of backward, but setting the resolution on your desktop outside the game will choose the resolution for the game's main menu. For example, if you set your desktop resolution to 1080x768, that is the resolution the game's main menu will start up at. Might give you a chance to get into the main menu and monky with the settings before it crashes on you.