Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Laggy Graphics - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

got more specs from google...
Quote:
Radeon HD 4290 (AMD 890GX)
stream processors: 40
GPU clock: 700MHz
Memory clock: 667MHz
Memory size: 128MB (on board) + system memory = 384 mbs
I think your card is just to old GamerGuy, if you bought a 1gb card I think you'd run the game perfectly.

Also if you can, post up your motherboard specs, and even your harddrive specs if you have them.

Also are you 64 bit or 32 bit?

Regardless, I think its time to buy a a new graphics card. that one is like from the 2003-2005 era...?

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 12-15-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:27 PM

Questar has a default reputation
Default Laggy issues

Hey guys,

So I'm getting tolerable lag in the main map/move your armies view as well as in my city or other cities but it isn't too bad. But when I load into the "view map" looting/battle my lag is so bad it's unplayable. The graphics are on the lowest possible, ^_^

I'm running a Radeon HD 4600 GFX card with 1 gig memory. The computer as a whole(which is running XP 32bit) has 4gig.

Really like to get this working better....playing the orcs without the ability to randomly loot is proving a bit o' a challenge. Any way to get the lag down? I've heard the game hates XP, is that true?
Old 12-16-2011, 08:46 PM

GamerGuy has a default reputation

Ok so here is the latest update to my sitution:

I ran out to best buy and grabbed my self a GeForce GT 430 graphics card (not a very good one i know). I got this card just to see if getting a better graphics card would take care of the laggy game play

The Results are...........yes it worked!!! The game runs smooth now and there is not laggy animations or graphics. I baught this cheap card (89.00) just to see if this would fix the problem and it did. So if ur having problems with laggy graphics and you have an older card thats the reason. Now that i know the card was the issue im gunna order my self a nice new Radeon from newegg and then return this piece of crap to BestBuy when it arrives in the mail.

Awsome Game!!! when you dont have to deal with laggy graphics!!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questar View Post
Hey guys,

So I'm getting tolerable lag in the main map/move your armies view as well as in my city or other cities but it isn't too bad. But when I load into the "view map" looting/battle my lag is so bad it's unplayable. The graphics are on the lowest possible, ^_^

I'm running a Radeon HD 4600 GFX card with 1 gig memory. The computer as a whole(which is running XP 32bit) has 4gig.

Really like to get this working better....playing the orcs without the ability to randomly loot is proving a bit o' a challenge. Any way to get the lag down? I've heard the game hates XP, is that true?
Yes the game has a horrible xp lagspikes, we will be trying to fix them hopefully in a month which is really bad I know. I personally love xp but I'm upgrading to windows 7, i cant stand getting left behind like this. Also what is your CPU? if it can handle 64 bit xp, I would try upgrading to 64 bit xp if you can not get win7, but make sure your ram and cpu can do 64 bit!

Also the view mode needs polish, its way to large and laggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuy View Post
Ok so here is the latest update to my sitution:

I ran out to best buy and grabbed my self a GeForce GT 430 graphics card (not a very good one i know). I got this card just to see if getting a better graphics card would take care of the laggy game play

The Results are...........yes it worked!!! The game runs smooth now and there is not laggy animations or graphics. I baught this cheap card (89.00) just to see if this would fix the problem and it did. So if ur having problems with laggy graphics and you have an older card thats the reason. Now that i know the card was the issue im gunna order my self a nice new Radeon from newegg and then return this piece of crap to BestBuy when it arrives in the mail.

Awsome Game!!! when you dont have to deal with laggy graphics!!
Good to hear! I knew that would fix it, it was about time, you will need that card to play future games also.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Questar has a default reputation

Processor: 64x2 Dual Core 5200

Is it likely the massive lag is due to XP? I'm trying to figure out if moving up to vista(which I might be able to get a free copy of) would help out the game..