Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Laggy Graphics - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2011, 12:16 AM

GamerGuy has a default reputation
Default Laggy Graphics

My game has really laggy graphics almost like a strobing effect units move as if they have a very slow frame rate.

AMD Proccessor: phenom II x2 (3.0 ghz)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4290
RAM: 8 gigs
Dirrectx: 11

i have used in game chat to see if anyone else is having "strobing animations" or a laggy feel to their units and/or any kind of screen stickyness they only say in pvp matches but in pve it runs smooth. Is my hardware the problem cause its not running smooth.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuy View Post
My game has really laggy graphics almost like a strobing effect units move as if they have a very slow frame rate.

AMD Proccessor: phenom II x2 (3.0 ghz)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4290
RAM: 8 gigs
Dirrectx: 11

i have used in game chat to see if anyone else is having "strobing animations" or a laggy feel to their units and/or any kind of screen stickyness they only say in pvp matches but in pve it runs smooth. Is my hardware the problem cause its not running smooth.
try see what it stops lagging on and then slowly increase it to see if a certain option is the problem
Old 12-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Some players have reported issues with the game stuttering when using a hardware accelerated mouse, so if you are using one you could try turning off hardware acceleration or using a non hardware accelerated mouse and see if that helps.

You could also try turning off various graphics options within the game or setting them to low.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shingles View Post
Some players have reported issues with the game stuttering when using a hardware accelerated mouse, so if you are using one you could try turning off hardware acceleration or using a non hardware accelerated mouse and see if that helps.

You could also try turning off various graphics options within the game or setting them to low.
exactly what he said and thanks for updating that thread
Old 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM

how do you know if ur using a hardware accelerated mouse?

How do you turn hardware acceleration off in windows 7
(other than going to cntrl panel -> display & res settings-> adv settings -> trouble shoot->change settings (because mine wont let me go there)?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 PM

I have tried everything as far as disabling acceleration and its not helping. I think the problem is this game runs better with xp not win 7. i just dont get what the problem is none of my other games have any issues.

I need to fix these sluggish animations because it is making my game un playable
Old 12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Don't think that win 7 would be a problem as I use win 7 64bit to and have no problem with the game in highest detail, except of course a sometimes laggy pvp.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 PM

can you plz state the equivilant radeon card that would be recomended for this game?

maybe my radeon HD 4290 is not good enough? its an intergrated video chip that came with mobo

can you please let me know if this is the problem as im am preparing to buy a new graphics card.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Gamerguy,
The recommended (ie for best performance) would be a Raedon 5570 or better.

The minimum is a Gforce 8800. Your card is equal to a Gforce 9500 so it should work fine at minimal GFX settings. I do not know if the fact that it is an integrated chip as opposed to a stand alone card is an issue or not.

I wouldn't buy another card solely for this game. I'd only do it if you were going to upgrade anyhow. Ideally you want a GFX card with at least 1 gig of ram.

Take this advice how you want. Also, please note the following

* This is merely my personal opinion. I am NOT a developer nor do I work for Reverie Studios.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 PM

well the way i opperate is i dont buy a new video card until i run into a problem that is caused by my old video card....so with that being said i think i might try a new video card as i need one anyway. But of course id like to know what could be causing all this laggy play if my card is already supposed to be able to handle the game