Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Paypal Service - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 09:54 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules
Default Paypal Service

Wow really, I don't mean to be mean or anything- but paypal is #$%#%#%. Never buying from anything other than amazon and steam. Paypal took FOREVER to "complete purchase". I had to force close it..and it was saying stuff like "uploading 25%..". Download is taking forever too, I can't even TOP 100 KB/SEC. Looks like I miss the event and pretty much everything! Assuming I even get pass the frigging download. There is a reason why steam is great...because their servers actually push your speed way above the average! I SERIOUSLY HOPE- THAT ONE DAY- I CAN REDEEM MY KEY ON STEAM- SO BADLY. Already, I am not off to a good start with this game.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tech Lead & Media Team Lead

Danny Vink has a default reputation

Just so you know, Steam uses PayPal to validate it payments. PayPal is one of the safest and securest transaction services.

It also helps that Steam is run by Valve, which is a multi-million dollar company that has the finances to pay for high-speed servers. You have to remember that we are an Indie team paying for this out of our own pockets. Everything that you pay to us goes right back into the development of the game and the payment for servers.

We try our best to keep these servers up and running, while making regular patches to the game. If you have any issues with speed, I apologize, but once the initial game is downloaded you shouldn't run into any more of these issues

~Reverie World Studios
Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

as danny said you shouldn't expect multi million dollar power servers from a indie team and 100 kb/s is horrible i had 450kb with these guys servers
Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
Wow really, I don't mean to be mean or anything- but paypal is #$%#%#%. Never buying from anything other than amazon and steam. Paypal took FOREVER to "complete purchase". I had to force close it..and it was saying stuff like "uploading 25%..". Download is taking forever too, I can't even TOP 100 KB/SEC. Looks like I miss the event and pretty much everything! Assuming I even get pass the frigging download. There is a reason why steam is great...because their servers actually push your speed way above the average! I SERIOUSLY HOPE- THAT ONE DAY- I CAN REDEEM MY KEY ON STEAM- SO BADLY. Already, I am not off to a good start with this game.
Service for downloading buying and downloading the game may suck for some but we try our best to support the game. If you miss the event PM Danny or myself and we can provide you with a little "boost" to start you off

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Danny Vink : 12-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

I think this guy just needs a large cup of concrete so he can harden the **** up
Old 12-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
I think this guy just needs a large cup of concrete so he can harden the **** up
im sure he's one of those people who play games and only go on forums to whine about me or a dev owning them then saying something's broken because they expect too much from a indie company who btw have made a amazing game even with their ex-publishers horrible demands
Old 12-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
im sure he's one of those people who play games and only go on forums to whine about me or a dev owning them then saying something's broken because they expect too much from a indie company who btw have made a amazing game even with their ex-publishers horrible demands
Lol well he hasn't even started playing yet so I'm sure we will hear all that when he comes back in the near future.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Lol well he hasn't even started playing yet so I'm sure we will hear all that when he comes back in the near future.
Something to look forward to

how about we get on topic how has the download been going
Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

DoF is far from the worst digital service ever,

Put it this way DoF could have launched grabbed all your money then flop and shut down...seen that happen before.

Or write tickets and issues of the problems you encounter and wait weeks plus for an answer like: ohh were sorry, nothing we can do about that or pass the buck with read this crappy guide we have.

Some people may have a bit of a rough ride getting DoF, I have installed it about 8 times now over 4 different computers and never had an issue at all....honestly The Old Republic that just came out was a complete pain in arse to get working and installed just because how they set it up....had a better experience with DoF.

P.S. I believe it is confirmed that DoF is going to attempt to be on steam in the far future...does not help now...but it will be nice for then...think how awesome DoF will be then xD
Old 12-13-2011, 01:02 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Yup..so I raged. Having wasted a full 50 dollars on Space Marine, I'm not too eager on buying newer games these days- considering how much of a $$$$$ hole Space marine is. Dealing with paypal directly is a pain. Every second i waited for "complete purchase" to actually complete was just one annoyance over another. So I hope you do understand the rage behind it...