Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Thinking of... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules
Default Thinking of...

I WANT to buy this..but i'm holding back because of a few things

1. If this ever goes on steam..and you already bought the digital vision- will you be able to redeem it on steam? i'm afraid i'll just lose my key..steam library is the only way I can keep track of my digital games.

2. Will expansions/future cost money?

3. Any potential future of this going f2p and giving people who bought the game squat

4. how big is the player base?

5. future races? and will it be possible to switch?

6. How are the graphics? I've seen videos, but nothing really up-close vids of battles and sieges. I spend a lot of time watching units fight up close...like in the total war series.

7. I plan on being an ork, how "orky" are they compared to warhammer orks?

8. Heroes- can anyone provide me screenshots of various ork heroes?

9. I prefer ork to orc. Yes.

Last edited by buddhist23 : 12-08-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

1. If this ever goes on steam..and you already bought the digital vision- will you be able to redeem it on steam? i'm afraid i'll just lose my key..steam library is the only way I can keep track of my digital games.

you won't need it and if you lose it check your email or notepad it

2. Will expansions/future cost money? they will cost wealth which u get from pvp and quests

3. Any potential future of this going f2p and giving people who bought the game squat a small company like reverie and who spent 10 years aint gonna do that EVER

4. how big is the player base? if you live in Australia you will meet alot of Aussies and know them all by name same for all countries

5. future races? and will it be possible to switch? multiple towns and i believe they plan more races but later down the track

6. How are the graphics? I've seen videos, but nothing really up-close vids of battles and sieges. I spend a lot of time watching units fight up close...like in the total war series. imagine age of empire detail on your units heads but everything else is great

7. I plan on being an ork, how "orky" are they compared to warhammer orks? they are brutal and they smash heads good enough

8. Heroes- can anyone provide me screenshots of various ork heroes? only one you can play as mainly atm but customization is coming
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
We do have plans to put the game on Steam, but that`ll only happen in 2012. Might be a long wait.

Quote:
2. Will expansions/future cost money?
It`s possible to buy expansions for $ yes, however our model allows who play the game quite a bit to get everything for free. Expansion pack is roughly 150 influence points, that`s 10 large PvP battles you need to win or loos, or 30 small scale PvP battles. I think just for competing Quest storyline u get something like 70 influence points - so there is plenty of ways to get premium content fast without spending a cent. DoF is NOT pay to win game, and we take care of our long-term players.

Quote:
3. Any potential future of this going f2p and giving people who bought the game squat
There is a chance of game going f2p eventually, as it is with any mmo game on the market right now. But we don`t intend to make this move until 2013.

Quote:
4. how big is the player base?
I can`t disclose exact numbers - but as was said above - you`ll find fellow Ausies or Canadians or Germans e.t.c to talk, fight and team up with.

Quote:
5. future races? and will it be possible to switch?
Yes definitely - you get 4 characters. So far we only confirmed Dragon and Dwarven races, but hoping to add even more down the road.

Quote:
6. How are the graphics? I've seen videos, but nothing really up-close vids of battles and sieges. I spend a lot of time watching units fight up close...like in the total war series.
I`ll be honest - your heroes looks stunning up-close, surpassing Total War, other units - not so much However as long as you are not 100% zoomed in overall visuals are great imo.

Quote:
7. I plan on being an ork, how "orky" are they compared to warhammer orks?
Orcs have completely unique play style compared to other races - both with economy, base building, unit protection e.t.c As for the Orkyness - let me give you examples - Orcs gain food from carving dead corpses for some Elven and human steaks. Orcs get their main units for free and typically outnumber other races 3 to 1. You get not just Orcs - but Ogrs, Goblins, Wargs e.t.c

Quote:
8. Heroes- can anyone provide me screenshots of various ork heroes?
I`ve attached a few pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rafas.jpg (54.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Prot.jpg (117.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Player.jpg (144.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Mok.jpg (84.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Krak.jpg (186.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Ah that's nice.

1. When you do put the game onto steam, will I be able to activate it on steam? I don't see anything wrong with that since I already bought it.

2. If the game does go f2p, will it be like Global Agenda ( and completely ignore everyone who bought the game )?

3. How about north americans?

4. I like the visuals of the game, I'm able to run games such as shogun2, space marine, etc, etc at ultra settings. I'm assuming it'll be the same as Dawn of Fantasy?

5. How is the combat system? I've been scouting a ton of dof vids, but none of them really did a close up of the fighting.

6. I know the game is real time and such- How long will it usually take to get a nice looking fortress and army? It would be cool to be able to do my papers while my builders work.

Other than these questions...I'll be set to buy this!

OH..when do i get a dragon? Possible to get holloween dragon?
and it's nice to see a CEO respond..;]

Last edited by buddhist23 : 12-09-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
and it's nice to see a CEO respond..;]
you'll see it alot this is a very close knit community who spend time playing with the devs alot hell ive been invaded by alot of them.

edit: konstantin knows who im talking about
Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
you'll see it alot this is a very close knit community who spend time playing with the devs alot hell ive been invaded by alot of them.

edit: konstantin knows who im talking about
sounds like a beating...;]
Old 12-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Hehe Kon only burned my town to the ground on one occasion. He's still 2 - 1 in my favor
Old 12-10-2011, 12:24 PM

okay well, how will digital download work? I just get a cd key and that's it? I would like a box..but that isn't on sale...sigh.

And...does adding dof as a nonsteam game would /w the steam overlay?

Last edited by buddhist23 : 12-10-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:48 PM

I'll just wait for a christmas sale...
Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

You're in luck, the christmas sale is happening now. Did you not get the newsletter announcement?

http://store.reverieworld.com/index.php?store=games