Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Building Addons - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Zackreaver has fair reputation
Default Building Addons

I thought I saw this somewhere in the forums before, but searching for "addons" and "building addons" turned up no recognizable results, so I'll just post what I thought up.

Ok, we have building plots, we have research, we have upgrades, we spend influence to unlock permanent improvements for everything in our home city and our armies.

But one particular thing we lack, is variety. What makes me different from the other hundreds of rollingplains humans, or desert orcs, aside from the fact that some others have played longer and have more developed.

Where as in general we could use a little more specialization to be more unique, heres a nice little way to start, suppose for each structure (much like our wall towers) we can add a building addon (or multiple) to act as a unique buff provided by that specific building, these bonus should also accumilate on each other to provide a benefit to creating duplicate structures. Here are some examples for human race. I use (Unit Type) to represent this could be anything from swordsmen to knights, depending on what balance testing might feel appropriate.

Barracks/Archery/Stables Addons:
(Unit Type) Guild: (Unit Type) mercenaries cost 10% cheaper
Heroic (Unit Type) Statue: (Unit Type) have 5% increased health (or morale in future update)
Veteran Instructors: (Unit Type) gains experience 25% faster.
Medical Supplies: (Unit Type) is 40% cheaper to heal at towns and have a higher heal rate.
Drill Yard: (Unit Type) drains stamina 30% slower while sprinting.
Economy structures could have certain economic or utility addons and the sorts.

The addon's don't have to add any cosmetics at first, they could just be statistical buffs affecting the army as a whole. this way players can have a home city that feels more unique than simply the weapons mounted on the towers and the traps. Because eventually everyone is going to have every upgrade and research unlocked but this way we can still be unique in our own sense.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I've heard from Kon that there are many planned additional buildings and some resources planned for later on to help the towns become more thriving. I like the idea of new buildings and building addons.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:52 PM

I'm mostly trying to state that, with the slow pace of the game, theres really no reason to have multiples of the same structure, having 1 of each is already fine enough.

But giving us incentive to getting duplicate structures will be alot more enticing and allows for more uniqueness.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yup I agree, the more city building we can get crammed into dof the better!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Yeah, this is a good idea. I have so much room left in my orc city, but nothing left to build...
Old 12-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the great ideas! And we do plan to add more buildings - starting from 3 elite buildings per town allowing training, healing units and trading with NPC towns as in Kingdom Wars. But unfortunately we have to wait to wrap up the bugs and some core features. After that it`ll be all about new buildings and units.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Thanks for the great ideas! And we do plan to add more buildings - starting from 3 elite buildings per town allowing training, healing units and trading with NPC towns as in Kingdom Wars. But unfortunately we have to wait to wrap up the bugs and some core features. After that it`ll be all about new buildings and units.
Haha excellent, it's always so heart warming to see my idea's recognized. Thank you for all your replies Kon, they really invigorate my faith in this game.

Yes I also agree, bug's and core features should be handled first, but I just wanted to present my idea's now so that I don't forget about them later. Not that I expect them all to be implemented, but simply getting recognized is such an exciting feeling. As soon as I finish classes I plan to buy some influence as well, you guys deserve it.