Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

New Unit Submission System - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation
Default New Unit Submission System

One of the things I like about Pirates of the Burning Sea before I migrated over here was their system for submitting ship for inclusion in the game. They had a 3d steering committee of volunteer players and dev's that vetted all the submissions for historical accuracy, polygon counts, formatting, etc before submitting them to a panel of developers for final approval. Players submitted 3d ship models done in various 3d art programs with proposed ship stats.

My suggestion is that we do something similar here. We already know that you have many different things to concentrate on and only so much manpower to go around. I propose that you create a set of guidelines to allow user submission for units and unit artwork. Create a framework that describes what type of units you are looking for, proposed stats, and include a requirement for a unit model to be submitted created by a certain 3d rendering program or a group of them. The developers could then discuss and argue the finer points of submission and use them for unit releases.

It would give players an investment into the game's development and take strain of otherwise limited resources.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

that would actually be good for design contests actually. Have more in the same time,some about themes,some about units,or anything in particular you're looking for.Nothing gets players in a good mood than nice design contests.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I like the idea - however in my experience the process of modeling for DoF is quite complicated and we`ll need to release a good deal of guidelines and tutorials first. But yeah - in theory anyone with 2+ years of 3D Studio Max experience can make a new unit for DoF. As the community grows this would be a great idea.