Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Messengers, Part 8: Slaughter in the Valley - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub > Lore, Fan Fiction, & Fan Art
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation
Default Messengers, Part 8: Slaughter in the Valley

Messengers
Part 8: Slaughter in the Valley

Arkantos causally shoved his beautifully crafted longsword into the belly of his foe. The unhorsed cavalier slumped into the dust, blood pouring from the gaping wound.

With a sickening tear, the elven general pulled his blade free. As he shook the blood off his gauntlet, he gazed at the battle around him.

Dawn was still an hour or so away, and the night was too dark for humans to see without torches; the elves, however, could see fine.

Arkantos’s grand masters had waited through the long night, using elven spells to keep themselves hidden among the gray rocks that sprouted along this side of the valley. The humans had seen nothing, and fell into the trap perfectly; sending 600 cavaliers, which was no doubt only a small number of men to the human general, charging into the dark valley. The elves had targeted the torch bearers first, using the few archers they had to blind the enemy. Now, the elves’ goal was to slay as many of the soldiers as they could before the enemy realized what was happening.

Arkantos hoped that the humans would be dumb enough to send in more troops to find out what had happened, allowing the elves to spring the trap once again. But no, whoever led these humans was too smart for that.

When he saw the rows of flaming arrows hurtling towards them, followed by the burning stones of the trebuchets, Arkantos knew that there would be no more fooling this enemy.

“Back to the hill!” Arkantos yelled to his warriors, “Back to the hill!”

The elves fell back, leaving the remaining cavaliers in the blood-soaked valley.

At first, the human general Cleaver had been fearful; then he had been furious. But now, he was grinning from ear to ear, despite the loss of several hundred of his men.

“Ha, we’ve got ’em on the run now!” he roared out in joy. “Send in the infantry! I want these elves dead!”

Messengers sped off to inform the various battalions. In moments, vast waves of iron-clad humanity were pouring down into the valley.

But then the elves did something unexpected: seemingly from nowhere, hundreds of silvery unicorns appeared; without breaking stride, the elves mounted and rode up the hill.

Cleaver swore into his beard; there was no way his foot soldiers could catch the elves now. But at least their camp is as good as destroyed, Cleaver thought; he could see the palisades burning from the other side of the valley.

After studying the battle a moment more, he gestured towards his servant, asking for his horse. As Cleaver mounted his black warhorse, he glanced at Sir Karamot.

“Are you coming?” Cleaver asked him.

Karamot’s eyes darted around nervously. “Well…”

“Come on Karamot, we’ve got them on the run!” the general said, “We’ll slaughter the pointy-ears as they flee, and then feast for hours afterwards.”

“I don‘t think it would be a good idea,” Karamot answered, his face somewhat clammy, “We don’t know if more might be hiding down there, and-”

Before Karamot could finish his excuses, Cleaver shrugged and rode into the fray, already imaging wringing Arkantos’s scrawny elven neck.

Valkyrie stood on the tower of the camp’s palisade, a hastily built structure that seemed to sway in the wind. Her human troops with their shining armor stood side by side with the few elven archers who stayed behind to defend the hill.

Her forces were gathered at the far side of the camp, for the edge facing the valley was now a complete inferno; though Arkantos’s wardens used their spells to keep the rest of the camp safe, it was agreed they would let a bit of the palisade burn to fool the enemy.

Valkyrie watched as Arkantos’s elves rode back to the camp, as she knew they would. Now that all of the elf’s tricks had been discovered, there was nothing left to do but honest battle. The camp was well fortified, yes, and they had more than twice the force that the enemy thought they had. But the elves and men only numbered around 900 in all, against an army of 2,000 highly trained Terian soldiers.

Valkyrie had fought many battles in her day, but never one as hopeless as this. As she had told the elf, they would need a miracle from the Lake even to survive; winning was out of the question.

When Arkantos rode through the burning gates of the camp, one of his wardens rushed up to him, babbling rapidly in elven. Arkantos, a strange look on his face, followed the warden out of Valkyrie’s sight.

Valkyrie, curious, followed them around a row of tents. And there was Arkantos, the infamous elven general, lying on the ground.

At first he looked to be dead or injured, but Valkyrie soon saw he was alive and awake; just lying in the dust with his ear pressed to the earth.

As Valkyrie walked up, Arkantos rose, his face somewhere between joyous and insane.

“You said we needed a miracle?” Arkantos told her with a grin. “Well, we’ve got one.”
Old 11-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

lol nice battle scene . Wonder what's the miracle
Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

“Send in the infantry! I want these elves dead!”

This so reminds me of my PvP game yesturday... although unlike Cleaver I ended up running away from these pesky rangers
Old 11-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

My my

Its been a While that I met Arkantos in Battle

You hear me most Liked Enemy -.^ ?

Come online some more :P
My Army is waiting for you :P
Old 11-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post
My my

Its been a While that I met Arkantos in Battle

You hear me most Liked Enemy -.^ ?

Come online some more :P
My Army is waiting for you :P
no time until college is over.Besides I'll prolly adapt myself to the new changes,A LOT changed with the new system
Old 11-28-2011, 04:29 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

haha nice story, yet again.. Too bad i've been to busy to actualy play the game... Though that will change very soon.
I have loads of towns to burn and people to kill. Any ETA on alliances? or have i missed that patch totaly?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
haha nice story, yet again.. Too bad i've been to busy to actualy play the game... Though that will change very soon.
I have loads of towns to burn and people to kill. Any ETA on alliances? or have i missed that patch totaly?
expect to see me way more active when guilds come in. That will be epic!and nope nothing on alliances yet
Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Hey, Valk, wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear you'll be playing more.

And yeah, if we're lucky, guilds will be in pretty soon; and then...
Old 11-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
Hey, Valk, wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear you'll be playing more.

And yeah, if we're lucky, guilds will be in pretty soon; and then...
hopefully, need to get you as a bard and get you a special title. Who else can tell tales of the great victories Dreaded will have in the future?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
hopefully, need to get you as a bard and get you a special title.
Hmmm, maybe if we asked nicely, the devs would put special titles in the guilds; maybe a way for the guild to make its own titles, and to decide what benefits come with each one?