Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

New Skill System Discussion. - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I thought of a few more new systems you all might like.

5. Dragon resurrection if under level 10 (early dragons) (dragons get to level 10 after only around 1900-2000 kills, Skill will not be reset on resurrection. After the dragon gets to level 10 it changes to a dragon that can die and wont ever come back.

6.When Dragon is fallen it is given a an amount of Unconscious Health that drains down to 0, Hero's mass heal ability will slow the effect but when the dragon reaches 0 the dragon dies, forever. If the battle ends before the dragon actually dies then he has full resurrection.

7. Lol this one might be a bit harsh for some. Player Dragons (not npc ones in dragon region) when they die and their master loses the battle the dragon is adopted by the team that killed it. If you kill a dragon and you win you keep it as a reward, along with its level. If you lose it and you win the battle, you get to keep it.

(
1.Keep it the way it is, dragons can be suicide machines, go in destroy as much as possible until it dies, completely reckless and not caring for it at all, just kill as much as you can. Keep them weak and easy to kill.

2.Remove it and buff them in higher levels. Higher level Dragons will be Epicly strong and be able to turn the tide of battle earning you more Wealth, but if you lose him,,, hes gone forever.

3.If he dies, all levels and skill reset, start over at level 1 lose all skill, lower leveled dragons will be weak but highest leveled dragons will be very powerful.

4.Number of lives. Dragon can die once, he gets 1 revive, after that he is gone for ever.
)

I'm in favor of number 5 with what ever level we deem good for a 'newbie' threshold. With the new system getting to level 10 is not hard and might take around 5-10 games if that. Every single kill the dragon makes is 1 xp point and 1900 xp all together is needed for level 10.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 12-01-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

lol on number 7.I still like the third one the best so far honestly although number 5 is not bad either. can keep your dragon long as you dont let him kill anyone rofl.

I still think that just one dragon per account possible that does ressurect with a steep fine on its ressurection one day cool down 10-20% wealth and the total loss of all lvls and stats if it dies.

Rest the dragons can be the glass cannons or epic units that may die in round 1 or round 50 depending on player skill hehe

Last edited by Eaglecrys : 12-01-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

I thinking 2 and 5. 2 becasue it's nice and simple (and the original idea for dragons, right?) and 5 because it sounds the fairest overall.

7 though...I've got a feeling that this will get a lot of players a bit paranoid about their dragons. 'Course, the more reckless sort might have some fun with this...
Old 12-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

I'm totally up for 7 as long as haunter dragon is always invincible and remains to the same player. Holiday unit,so I want to brag about it without losing,not much of a point if anyone could get it.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

I agree with Ark on the haunter dragon bit. Especcially since the haunter dragon's the only dragon I've got.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
I agree with Ark on the haunter dragon bit. Especcially since the haunter dragon's the only dragon I've got.
I have a black too,but I could care less if the royal dies, as long as I can never lose my haunter
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

if the haunter dragon stays that way then all dragons would need to stay that way or the point of them would be mute more or less. I do agree that holiday or special items should stick around but the problem is finding ballance in that. Perhaps keeping the haunter a squishy heh.

As for the original ideas for dragons as stated that is not in anyway. Also the original idea for dragons was a playable race. Not even sure when that may come to be. Once that time arrives by all means make it like it was supposed to be. Till then I would see no real issue with tossing a bone out to keep the hunger satisfied.

lol maybe this should be a poll on the numbers joseph put up as well heh

I am going with 3 first vote and 5 second vote for sure. Or is there an option c >? this is becoming a very great debate thread nice to see all players putting in great feed back and ideas.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I will leave haunter dragon in always and will not die, this is because people some people bought the game for this dragon and to remove it would be a sorta rip off, only the people who bought the game at that time will have them, forever, this debate is about repurchasable dragons, Green, Red and Royal Dragons.

I will make a Poll for this debate, good idea guys.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Hmm, dragons sound like are about to become the mutually assured destruction for player armies. IE if you don't have one you will wish you did because you probably won't win that battle. I hope the dragon's are still kept weak. I have no interest in getting dragons myself. Now if I want to pvp am I forced to grind a dragon to stay competitive?

Just something to think about. If dragons become too important, people who don't want to grind them or don't have time to will stop logging in for pvp.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegor Mcvennor View Post
Hmm, dragons sound like are about to become the mutually assured destruction for player armies. IE if you don't have one you will wish you did because you probably won't win that battle. I hope the dragon's are still kept weak. I have no interest in getting dragons myself. Now if I want to pvp am I forced to grind a dragon to stay competitive?

Just something to think about. If dragons become too important, people who don't want to grind them or don't have time to will stop logging in for pvp.

Thats my biggest worry Giregor, but they are quite useless atm because they cant ever die. if that was to change... things would change.

Also Giregor, buy 3 dwarf cannons, use grape shot on dragons, kills them almost instantly if used correctly lol.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5029

posted poll, move all all dragon death debate there please,,, dragon skill and other skills can be talked about here still though.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 12-01-2011 at 08:18 PM.