Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

New Skill System Discussion. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Updating Dragon skills next:

They Will have same increase amounts as other default melee units.

Every unit they damage in a radius strike will give experience not just 1xp per hit.

Completely different XP tables, upto possibly level 60 like heroes.

Attack damage will also increase Area of Effect radius in all melee damage and firewall abilities as well as landing area damage.

Armor Resistance will be same.

Health increase will be the same.

Health regen will also be the same or higher.

Leveling dragons will be quicker and easier than heroes upto the high levels at which point it will become a lot harder to reach higher levels.

Dragons overall will get quite a large boost.

There is a large chance that dragons will not revive after death like heroes do. if they die, they are dead and gone. But the buff overall counters this if your dragon lives through battle after battle it is earning you wealth.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 11-30-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

small issue with that though: They still remain glass cannons.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

Dragons dieing after a battle and not coming back would be ok if it did not seem to cost so many crowns for a royal dragon. Sure we dont have to buy a royal and could get a red or even cheaper a green but is there anyway to have at least one dragon even a new one not die forever. Sorry Guess I am looking for more of the eye candy of one then its pvp value even.

To be very honest I was very pleased to find the dragons in the game and even more so to find they would respawn if lost. Made me feel like the race that was put on hold kind of came back in a small way like tossing a dog a bone if you will.

Ballance wise if they are beefed up it would horribly suck to run into an entire army of them which would happen if all were left to be respawnable but what about a code for one type of a dragon and only one in each town or on worse case one account for that type that would respawn.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Dragons will be buffed quite a bit, a level 60 dragon is going to be a army killer unless that army has a lot of high leveled units. Too have Dragons respawn allows players to be reckless with their dragons that will soon, more so than ever, potentially generate massive amounts of wealth in npc sieges or pvp in the hands of a person that takes care of it.

I see several options to this dragon respawn.

1.Keep it the way it is, dragons can be suicide machines, go in destroy as much as possible until it dies, completely reckless and not caring for it at all, just kill as much as you can. Keep them weak and easy to kill.

2.Remove it and buff them in higher levels. Higher level Dragons will be Epicly strong and be able to turn the tide of battle earning you more Wealth, but if you lose him,,, hes gone forever.

3.If he dies, all levels and skill reset, start over at level 1 lose all skill, lower leveled dragons will be weak but highest leveled dragons will be very powerful.

4.Number of lives. Dragon can die once, he gets 1 revive, after that he is gone for ever.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

number three in my own opinion sounds incredibly interesting. It would make players think twice about using it as a sucide bomber less it was a last ditch effort possibly. Knowing full well that if it dies in this attempt it will set them back many many hours/days/weeks/months whatever it will take to lvl it back up to such a powerful beast.

I know for me personally it would be a HUGE trophy almost instead of anything to show a fully lvled up dragon off lol I would feel like a total goof if I lost it in war for lack of planning and had to start it all over again but also a sense of thrill as well.

I am not sure how you have all the dragons coded but maybe if one of them was this way would make it well worth it all. If wealth farming is a worry what about a wealth ressurection ?

Thank you for at least listening and thinking about it more, much appreciated. Been waiting so very long it seems for a game with some decent dragons in it. You guys rock.

Last edited by Eaglecrys : 12-01-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

I'd actually be happier if dragons had a def boost so we could see them surviving a bit more when they get targeted. Option 3 seems interesting though. But I still want a vault where we could keep events units like the haunter dragon
Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 AM

Nermal has a default reputation

Personally I like the resurrection idea, it would be daungting to redo a high lvl dragon from scratch, no matter what particulary because of the cost on crowns, but also in time spent to lvl the dragon. To "counter" those who uses their dragon as suicide bomber unit maybe make make it timed resurection which will cost lots of resources.

Say 5k of each resource and a full day resurrection ritual or something like that. That way the bomber idea might blow and people can have their hard earned dragon back at a relatively easy cost if the dragon is important to them.

Thus the dragon will really mean something, instead of a "fire & forget" unit
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

grumil has fair reputation

I dont like the idea of resurrection. If a dragon is dead... is dead.

But if resurrection is adodted, it has to cost some influence, i.e., 10% of the dragonīs cost, and time, the dragon will resurrect 10 days after its death in level 1.

The expensive resurrections avoid the kamikazes dragons.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 AM

karamot has fair reputation

finally u listened my issue about dragon respawn

i appreciate new skill system and i really appreciate dragon will die!!!!

now game is gaining sense
Old 12-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

the game will gain more sense once an orc goblin raiding party wont devour everything in its path without hesitation. IE alot of ballance needs to be done. Right now if fighting a dragon dont stand within its firewall move your archers around and time your melee attacks and they go down really really fast.

I do like the additional idea of an entire day of ressurection needs or a ritual. A steep fee to bring them back as well sounds very reasonable. Resources are not that bad to gather for it and 10% of their wealth cost sounds nice as well. Maybe even higher like 20% or something.

The idea behind dragons resurrection is not for a uber powerful weapon to be abused, but to give those that fully enjoy the dragons and having them the abilitly to keep them around and use them.Some people may even be rping a little bit with them as well.

Another idea I was thinking of and this might get totaly blown up would be what about an idea of a dragon ambassador from the dragon nation as a subhero to help run around and accomplish quest with. So when we get a quest on other side of map we are not loosing one army to go all the way their because it needs a hero in it. Instead possibly having two armies going in diff directions.

Make the dragon ambassador lvl more or less like a hero and take away their fire if need be based upon the fact they are an ambassador and must refrain from using such violent attacks. Possibly give them aoe buffs to boost an army when they are near it instead.

If truly later on way down the road a dragon nation is to be added this would set a good ground play for it and give players a hunger for what may come.