Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Some Editor bugs - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

feneur has fair reputation
Default Some Editor bugs

I have been playing around in the editor a bit and come upon a couple of bugs. Since I couldn't find an existing thread I've created a new one.

The first one I'm not even sure whether or not it's worth mentioning, but I figure I'd just as well, if it's not relevant you can just ignore it When I try to select something in either the Sky Colour texture or Texture property of the Cloud Properties part I get a message saying "Texture must be in .\Resource folder", but there is no such folder. I read somewhere, in the Scenario Design Intro I believe that only one skyset is included so I presume this feature isn't used yet, I still thought it was worth mentioning though. (There are multiple sky textures in the \Art\textures\SkyDome folder though, so I'm not sure what to think. =) )

The next error appears when I: Click on te edit palette button in the terrain dialog, then expand the listing to the left, then try to click on any of the texture names. Then I get an error dialog saying "Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Parameter is not valid."

The Details button reveals the following information: http://pastebin.com/LcLhniP4

Sometimes when I click the up/down buttons next that control the Time of Day the editor crashes. It's hard to reproduce as it seems kind of random though, but still thought I'd report it.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Some more info about the Time of Day crashes. It seems they are much more likely (perhaps = only occur, but I haven't tested it that much) when you try to edit the Environment settings without first having saved and reopened the file. Before I save+reopen the file there are no values in the tecture selection fields, but it seems like saving+reopening the file somehow populates those and other fields with some kind of defaults.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Another one: When trying to save a template I get an error dialog saying "Object Graph cannot be null.
Parameter name: graph."

Details: http://pastebin.com/duSJea26

After pressing continue the editor seems to work fine, the template is just not saved properly.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the feedback! Finally some editor bug reports - I`ll assign one of our programmers to look over this post and start fixing these. We`d probably only get around to releasing editor fixes late next week.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Splendid. Just for completeness sake (I've mentioned it to Alex, who said he'd tell you, but just so it's here as well) I'll mention one more thing: There seems to be some kind of level-of-detail (I don't remember what you call it, but I hope you understand what I mean ) limit in the editor as well. It might be a good idea for editing large scenes, but in that case perhaps there should be an option to change that in the editor directly, preferably without having to restart the editor if the engine allows that. As it is now there is the limit, but no way to change it, which can make editing less than fun if you want to make sure things look good from a distance.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Another bug =) (Or a limitation in the engine, or my own lack of knowledge about what I'm doing )

Due to the bug mentioned above where the LOD in the editor is limited (but without a way to edit said limit) I've been trying to use cinematics to create a screenshot, but while the trigger seems to run (or at least not give any errors) it doesn't seem to use the camera I've set.

This is the code I've been using:
Quote:
Trigger.Cinematic=function()
CurMap:BlackOut()
Wait(1)
InterfaceSignal("QuickHideGUI")
CurMap:BeginCinematic()
CurMap:FadeIn(1)
CurMap:SetCameraTrack(true,-15,{Objects.Caamera,80})
AddChatText("cinematic is finished!")
CurMap:EndCinematic()
DisableSelf()
end
The code is more or less straight out of the scripting and cinematography guide, with the name of the camera changed to the name I used and a few other edits. However, once I test the map in-game my view is set to the default rather than the view of the camera I've set in the trigger. I might have made a mistake in the code, though I doubt that since I can't see any errors in the log. So that leaves the question of whether it's a limitation or a bug =)

The camera I've set up is in the lower corner, and looking up towards the middle of the map. This makes me wonder whether the limits on the in-game camera also applies to the cinematic cameras?
Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Ah, yes. Thanks for pointing that out. I discovered that problem a couple months ago - guess I need to update the guide. That code worked for a long time and something weird happened that caused it to bypass the camera track all of a sudden.

Your code currently calls for the track to run for 15 seconds, but the EndCinematic trigger is no longer conditional on the track length, for reasons I don't know.

An easy fix is to manually force the cinematic to last the length of the track by placing
Code:
Wait(15)
after
Code:
CurMap:SetCameraTrack(true,-15,{Objects.Caamera,80})
Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Ok, that worked. The draw distance is too small though, even though I've set it to max. Seems like I'll have to wait for the editor to have that limit removed to view my scene the way I intended it =)
Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Yeah, sorry about that. Kon said he was going to look into it - I'll remind him tomorrow and talk to the scripters to see if there's any way to change it with triggers.

If the shot doesn't require any in-game setup, I would be happy to take it for you using your camera cut while we work out the distance. If interested, email your .dofscn to alexwalz@reverieworld.com
Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We are fixing Level of Detail (well increasing it 10X) in tonight`s patch. One less bug to worry about. We`ll work on Terrain palette in the next patch.