Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

I'm new here and have a few Questions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Jasmine Moldovia has a default reputation
Question I'm new here and have a few Questions

Hey all, I just found this game through Gamestop's Impulse while trying to decide what to buy with a $50 gift card.

I have to admit, from what I've seen this game looks great, I just have a few things I'm not sure about. One thing is, nothing kills a game for me like seeing Months of Hard Work go down the drain in 30 minutes or less. It's why I quit EVE online, and in general why I dislike PVP play.

Now that me explain, in EVE, when you die in PVP you loose your ship... it's gone forever, and in that game, your ship is half of what makes You, You. You also can loose yourself (in which case you loose skill points to, but that's another story.) And these ships could take Months to get the currency to buy and fit them just right, to get the Best ships you had to subject yourself to PVP.

My question here is, Do you HAVE to PVP? And if you do...what is the consequences of loosing. I don't mind if PVP will set me back a few hours, or even a day or two, but if it takes me months to build the perfect castle, I don't want to loose it over one or two fights, is this a game for me or should I pass?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:24 PM

karamot has fair reputation

my counter question is...

u bought a game without read contents?

how can u imagine a medieval fantasy game with 3 races without pvp?

im serious, how can u think this is a pve game lol

pvp here simply crash army, so u lose all u traied and used into the battle, and if enemy siege your town, u should get damaged structure, but nothing destroied, so yes this is a fair game, with low hard core content
Old 11-20-2011, 12:25 PM

Haven't bought it yet, was asking the community before I DID spend money on it.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

You don't have to pvp. You can always pay off the attack witha portion of your resources. Buildings in your town are not permanently destroyed they can be repaired. Armies lost in battle are lost forever but you can always train more or avoid the battle by paying off the enemy. It's a pretty casual game.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info my biggest worry was loosing my town, units as they say can be replaced, but I have a feeling looking over stuff, that towns, are... a much more..giant investment. I'll probably pick this up soon and see what the actual game is like.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Be patient. Game has some bugs. Dev's are working hard to fix them but they take time. Welcome to the community
Old 11-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Well
To have this as a little Addition

PvP In this Game is pretty much a must as you get Valuable Crowns for it which are needed for Research and Building

But one more Importand aspect you mentioned is Time

Well
The Time you are set back by losing PvP depends on what you Risked

The more you Risked the higher the Reward
but also the higher the Time to Rebuild

Consequently this Game is pretty much set so that you can Replace most stuff easily

Smaller Armys in low lvls can be Acquired and Replaced easily within few minutes to hours depending on how Much you lost

Armys with Higher leveld Units however will need some more time to get Replaced
therefor you should make sure to have em ready for Combat
Hiring high lvl Mercs in Expensive
and Training em yourself takes time

Still I dont think that anything you could lose would take more than a day to replace

Should you ever get into the Situation of having High leveld and much adored Units you dont want to lose
make sure to have em Carry enough Gold and Ressources
so you can Pay yourself out in case of emergency

Greetz
Old 11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Also, town pvp isn't in quite yet (then again, it should be in by tomarrow, so that doesn't help much, does it?).

But even if your town gets overrun, it'll be ok. Buildings don't really get destroyed, just reduced to 1 health, so you just need to repair them. And armies can be trained up pretty quickly once you have your city up and running.

And as a new player, you have a while before you can be attacked, and you get protection for a while after a battle, so don't worry.

Hope you enjoy the game!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalizon has fair reputation

You also get breathing room when you pay off and attacker.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 AM

Meh 4 evar has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine Moldovia View Post
Hey all, I just found this game through Gamestop's Impulse while trying to decide what to buy with a $50 gift card.

I have to admit, from what I've seen this game looks great, I just have a few things I'm not sure about. One thing is, nothing kills a game for me like seeing Months of Hard Work go down the drain in 30 minutes or less. It's why I quit EVE online, and in general why I dislike PVP play.

Now that me explain, in EVE, when you die in PVP you loose your ship... it's gone forever, and in that game, your ship is half of what makes You, You. You also can loose yourself (in which case you loose skill points to, but that's another story.) And these ships could take Months to get the currency to buy and fit them just right, to get the Best ships you had to subject yourself to PVP.

My question here is, Do you HAVE to PVP? And if you do...what is the consequences of loosing. I don't mind if PVP will set me back a few hours, or even a day or two, but if it takes me months to build the perfect castle, I don't want to loose it over one or two fights, is this a game for me or should I pass?
Heh. It looks like you broke the golden rule and flew something you couldn't afford to loose .
To answer your question, no. There is no real loss from losing in pvp, only a few units and some stuff might be damaged.