Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

An Idea for Hero and Town Customization - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation
Default An Idea for Hero and Town Customization

Customization is great. But which is more important: hero or town? Well, how about both?

Here's an idea to combine them:

It always seemed to me that your hero, and other important NPCs, never had any where good to live. Do they just live in your town center thingy, or in a house like the peasants? Does it make sense for the Princess Alidea to live in a shack? Does it make sense for your hero to be a homeless bum?

Why not make a building to serve as the hero's house?

It could be that you had to of have reached a certain point in the campaign to build it; for instance, when you are given the rank of Strategos in the elven campaign. A higher rank such as this gives you the privilege to build a fancy home for yourself.

And this home has a bigger purpose than just giving your hero a place to sleep: it gives you the power to customize your hero.

When you select the home, various buttons will appear just like any building. One of these will take you to a screen where you can alter your hero both in appearence (including gender) and in equipment (weapons, armor, magic artifacts), which effects their stats. Though there should already be plenty of options to choose from, more can be added as rewards for important quests and special PvP events; rewards like special armor and magical weapons. Also, there should be an option to name your hero.

Some of the other buttons will also effect your hero in some way, such as various upgrades. There could also be buttons that bring up screens allowing you to customize your town, such as banner designing.

Perhaps most importantly, your house can be upgraded by spending influence. A bigger house gives you access to more customizations (though not the rewards from above; just more regular stuff); and if there if some limit on the number of equipment pieces you can have, it can be increased by upgrading the house.

I know this kinda thing is a long way off, but the idea just wouldn't go away. And just think of all the other customizations the hero's house, or other new buildings, could have...

Anyway, tell me what you think!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

I'm totally up for hero customization,not sure when it will be done though since the devs changed the dates a bit.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I like your ideas. But maybe instead of a hero's house, we could look into upgrades for the Town Hall/Settlement/Grand Hut to fortify these buildings into actual castle-type structures.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

That would be awesome--I was just thinking that the settlement-type building had too many buttons already.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

This is actually sort of what we had in mind - player would get a new building where he gets to upgrade and customize his hero. Unfortunately this will only be added at the same time as we add hero customization - and that`s only in December.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Unfortunately this will only be added at the same time as we add hero customization - and that`s only in December
Well, it's already November 11; December's not that far off!

And personally, I kinda like how the elf hero looks, it's just the other heroes...(though the human hero's dialouge is funny, with all his bloody enemies )

Speaking of dialouge, could there be an option to change your hero's voice/lines? It would be pretty cool...
Old 11-11-2011, 03:56 PM

SethWms has a default reputation

*crosses fingers for banner design*
Old 11-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethWms View Post
I know how you feel ; it's something that sounds pathetically easy to put in (I mean, it's just pictures, anyway), but somehow next to no games have it. Would be great to see all the custom banners; maybe the designs could even be transferred to units (like on shields and capes)?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethWms View Post
I have to admit, I've got some mixed feeling about that.

On the pro side, custom banners (and colours?) would be totally awesome.

On the con side, the "Dawn of War Effect"*

It is a bit of a problem :/

* This refers to the, all to common, situation where you would see enemy space marines with a black, white, red colourscheme raise swastika-flags on the controlpoints -.-
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Lol if hero customization is in December,that means it will be close lol,since December is just around the corner!