Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Thinking of buying DoF today? Read this! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 AM

satyrion has a default reputation

what about the european players?If the market price gonna be 29.99Usd u should change also the 29.99 euro price...29.99 $=21euro.I can't see why we should pay 8 more euros
Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Everyone who purchases the game from our new store will pay the same 29.99$ - including Europeans.

As more and more retail stores sell DoF boxed version - we only thought it fair that our own developer store will offer a slightly better price - so that buyers who know about DoF enough to check out our website get this small bonus.

And just as any game - DoF`s price will decrease eventually, and yes - there will be a time when we have both premium and free (trial) version. Perhaps down the road the game might even become free to play with only micro-transactions to support it. But for now - we are keeping the price at 29.99$ - with only a quick 1 week promotion with lowered price.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:30 AM

karamot has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonzi View Post
And World of Warcraft users (just an example) that bought game or expansion first day it came out, bought it for like 50. Now, i you can get it for 20.
I'm not real fan of microtransactions system, tbh. There should be some trial mode, so everyone can test the game, and if they like it - 25-30$ isn't so expensive.

wow is come out over 4 years ago, and have monthly fee
dof is come out about 1 month ago....
i know how economy work, and this is not a good way
Old 10-31-2011, 09:48 AM
DoF Moderator

ZvonimirG is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamot View Post
wow is come out over 4 years ago, and have monthly fee
dof is come out about 1 month ago....
i know how economy work, and this is not a good way
As i said, WoW is only an example.
If company thinks that with lower price of game they can attract more players, they will do so and i can't see anything strange or bad in it. Let's take Steam for example also, every day there is some special event when you can buy game for lower price... And, it's normal. You were playing this game for weeks/month before i will be able to play it. But, cause of that you paid it 5 more. Seems fair to me.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

News Store is online, micro-transactions as well. Although it might take 2-3 hours for changes to our website to be visible by everyone. http://store.reverieworld.com/
Old 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM

karamot has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonzi View Post
As i said, WoW is only an example.
If company thinks that with lower price of game they can attract more players, they will do so and i can't see anything strange or bad in it. Let's take Steam for example also, every day there is some special event when you can buy game for lower price... And, it's normal. You were playing this game for weeks/month before i will be able to play it. But, cause of that you paid it 5 more. Seems fair to me.

this could be right in normal situation
but in THIS situation we have a work in progress game, with more bugs than players,
atm we are playing somewhat like a beta, so how can u believe ppl can be attracted to pay for a beta?
if we could create a demo it could interest ome new player decided to invest into this project, but imho there is too much faith into this project and into players interest about it
dont believe this game is so innovative, and without similar...

i just wanna do an example
im a heroes of newerth player
i tried beta and i was exalted about game, so i prepurchased it for about 20 euros
and now i bless that shop, because game is constantly updated and really bugless, with a really pro staff
and im not playing anything more, also if there is a cash shop really expensive.
now this game had difficulty because league of legeds come out free and spread was hiding hon, so they created a free account user option, really complex, recreating entirely the game, and i have to be honest, ppl into game is exploded, really a boom of new subscription, because ppl had possibility to try for free also hon and made comparison btw lol and hon, and its so obvious hon is totally better, so ppl preferred purchase instead play free on a clone game

in this case there are only ideas and projects, but nothing concrete
in this situation we must improve spread with more courageous economic politics, but seems reveries cannot support this, probably budget is really close to crack, or bosses dont want to risk

i feel an epic fail , but i hope to be wrong
Old 10-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

don't forget you're comparing 2 different games. League of legends/heroes of newerth are dota type games, while DOF is a builder game with pvp and other stuff.Dota games will always have less bugs because they are easier to work on since you pick a hero and go kill. It's the reason why there are tons of game similar to dota aka Heroes of newerth,avalon heroes, league of legends, etc.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 AM

TurnedToDust has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
News Store is online, micro-transactions as well. Although it might take 2-3 hours for changes to our website to be visible by everyone. http://store.reverieworld.com/
Hi,

I just bought the game plus a booster pack and i'm downloading the installer right now.

Only thing is the download doesn't seem to go faster then 30kb per second.
Do i really have to wait more then 24 hours to finish downloading?
I can't belief this is normal as you stated downloading is now 3x faster... did it used to be 10kb per second?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 AM

TurnedToDust has a default reputation

and i will miss out on that Halloween promo at this speed.

67mb downloaded, only 1 day and 11 hours to go!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedToDust View Post
Hi,

I just bought the game plus a booster pack and i'm downloading the installer right now.

Only thing is the download doesn't seem to go faster then 30kb per second.
Do i really have to wait more then 24 hours to finish downloading?
I can't belief this is normal as you stated downloading is now 3x faster... did it used to be 10kb per second?
that might actually be from you're internet dust,the game speed for most players used to be decent.