Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Thinking about buying, worth it? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 07:56 AM

xaronax has a default reputation
Question Thinking about buying, worth it?

I'm a big fan of 505 and was thinking about buying a few copies of this game for myself and friends, but I have a few issues that I need to figure out first.

I have really terrible satellite internet. Will I be able to play this game at all with 2000+ ping? Is there any offline content?

Is there and LAN content? Single player?

It's not worth it for me if the game relies on multiplayer interaction, and I can't find any solid info on the the website.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Your internet connection may make it difficult for you to fully enjoy the game.

The main part of the game is the Online Kingdom where you build up your city, battle other players and go on quests. A lot of the Online Kingdom can essentially be played singleplayer but PvP battles are a big part of it and more online content will be added over time. To reduce the chances of PvP battles going Out of Sync, the game updates each time you start it.

There is no LAN support or content and this isn't likely to be included any time soon.

There is singleplayer content in the form of Skirmish modes Lay Siege and Castle Defense where you attack or defend one of 12 castles/cities, as well as a conquest mode called Kingdom Wars with 3 campaigns and the possibility of starting with any one of the 12 major cities.

While we would like as many people to buy the game as possible, you need to be sure this is the right game for you.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 PM

SgtOx has a default reputation
Default Don't buy it yet

Game is far from ready. It is unplayable to me due to the amount of bugs happening. I tried to get a refund, but was told that according to EULA or whatever, they don't do refunds. So I am stuck trying to play it. They do seem to try to fix the bugs as fast as possible, but it doesn't seem to happen.

It does however, seem to be a pretty fun game. It's just not ready yet
Old 10-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Redkam09 has a default reputation

I think its worth getting mate
for me i have only had very few bugs, and the ones i have had are not game breaking and they have been fixed oh s o quickly.
if you are intrested in a campaign theres about 2 days worth
pvp is endless, some very mean bugs, but as far as i know there fixed and done with
community, one of the very best things in this game is the people, i have had tremendous amounts of fun role playig / chatting, when at one point i wnet on until 3 oclock in the morning!!

I think if you have patience and you like this sort of game get it, its really worth it
Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

For weeks, I had been waiting for more bugs to get gone and more stuff to be added; but yesterday, I finally broke down and bought it (didn't want to miss the free dragon!), and it is fun!

The internet issue might be a problem, though; I'd say try it, but only if you're sure you can play. There's enough bugs already; a bad connection is the last thing you need in this game.