Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

NPC castle siege - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation
Default Defending Hometown against AI Sieges?

In the beta you would always every so often get sieged by orcs, elvs, men ect... did i miss something or is this feature not in the game right now? or is this coming along with the PvP vs town siege patch? im just wondering because this was one of my favourate features from the betas, all of a sudden getting horded by ogres and tree siege units, this was so much fun defending against and really made you wonder where the next attack was coming from.

Being not a huge PvP'er myself, I miss having this in the game atm.

Last edited by Novakiller : 10-28-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakiller View Post
In the beta you would always every so often get sieged by orcs, elvs, men ect... did i miss something or is this feature not in the game right now? or is this coming along with the PvP vs town siege patch? im just wondering because this was one of my favourate features from the betas, all of a sudden getting horded by ogres and tree siege units, this was so much fun defending against and really made you wonder where the next attack was coming from.

Being not a huge PvP'er myself, I miss having this in the game atm.
yeah they took it out for the time being it was buggy or something they plan to bring it back with town pvp tho
Old 10-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

thanks chanman
Old 10-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We took it out to make way for Army vs Town feature that we originally planned to add around October 15th. However - since we had to put the focus on fixing various other bugs - things got pushed back. At this point we are hoping to get Army vs Town in right after the 1.1.0 patch. ETA around 10th of November.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Ok thats fair enough, but just to clarify then, NPCs sieging you wont be back? is that correct?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Nope since Army vs Town PvP is just so much better - no AI can match that experience.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

The AI might not be able to match it but I fear for the orc towns with only 1 wall it break through compared to npc towns its going to be a breeze to take them down >.<. Also i've been wonder about the Orc walls since they are made from wood will the burn down or will hey act like the stone walls?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
The AI might not be able to match it but I fear for the orc towns with only 1 wall it break through compared to npc towns its going to be a breeze to take them down >.<. Also i've been wonder about the Orc walls since they are made from wood will the burn down or will hey act like the stone walls?
I think they'l burn down since they are made of wood.If you want to test it use the halloween dragon and use his fireball ability on the walls.that way you can tell if it will burn down or not.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

I still think it'd be nice to have AI raids on our hometowns though I hope that the devs dont abanden the idea completely still. PVP will be awesome, but the non pvp should be awesome too
Old 10-31-2011, 04:34 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalizon has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanman20 View Post
yeah they took it out for the time being it was buggy or something they plan to bring it back with town pvp tho
Helps people test their walls to make sure they are good for when a player attacks them.