Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Quest Bug - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 PM

SgtOx has a default reputation
Default Quest Bug

I'm on the step of "Borinthas - The Trials Begin quest" and as I entered with my Army of Hero, Sentry, Rangers x2, Enchanter, Warden and a Treant unit, it zoned me back out saying I lost the battle and many units. However, the only thing I lost was my Hero. I relogged, and my hero was back but my units had doubled, and my Sentry tripled. So I go in with all these units, but when the quest begins, I only have Hero, Sentry, Ranger, and Warden. Everything else is lost. But when I zone back out of quest into World map, all the units are back.

Also, my shrine building keeps reseting its timer. And the elven residences once I assign a certain trickle, wether it be wood or food, it keeps going back to gold.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 AM

Default Stuck

Ok so now I can't even continue on with the next quest. I enter and all I get is a black screen. I can see the Chat tab though! And my other quest going on is the "Build an Elven Shrine that never finishes building! (Time reseting). And my other quest is build walls (which will take a month I'm sure), So I am stuck once again not able to play. I deleted my Human City because I couldn't play (the DoF.exe issue), which hasn't been fixed, and now I made an Elven side and I can't play due to quest bugs. Wonder what would happen if I make an Orc side...Just dying to know!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Ok so now I can't even continue on with the next quest. I enter and all I get is a black screen
Which quest is that happening with? Can you attach the log from when this happened?
Note: The log gets overwritten each time you start DoF.

With the Elven Shrine can you try cancelling construction and rebuilding. Alternatively, you can try staying on the homeland until it is completed but you may not want to spend all that time there. We had thought we had this issue fixed, but seems it still needs a bit of work.

The units cloning and disappearing is also being worked on.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Not sure how to find a log, but the Quest name is "Gelino - Honor" Although I have a feeling it is crashing because the units I'm going in with are also duplicated in my city. I try to remove them from the city by creating a 2nd army, but they don't show on the transfer window, so I guess they are ghost units.

Last edited by SgtOx : 10-27-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 PM

Default Log

Ok so I read Alex Walz's instructions of how to post a log. Here is my log for today the 28th when I logged on and tried the quest again (Gelino - Hero). Also, Everytime I log on, my advisor says that there is no room for resources, and I have plenty of room! Same with the gold!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (138.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Simpa has a default reputation
Post Human - Peasant Uprising

Issues after trying to complete this quest:

Seemed to be having the same old attack of the clone army even had a clone Hero . Dis guarded all the untrained clones then lost 1/2 my trained troops, after a visit to my home town. Wanting to progress, I tried the quest with the 4 units I had remaining.

Black screen at zone in, only the Nav icons were visible, clicked to returned to world, then tried to re enter, ummm... you cannot enter without a hero, OMG he is AWOL. checked home town and no joy.

/Call the coast guard and mountain rescue.
:They haven't seen him either

looks like another village due for deletion. Last one deleted as a 'Knight is born' quest had same black screen and I waited 3 days to build a market.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (211.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Simpa : 10-28-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Looks like there is an issue with the Hero not being spawned in quests properly.

We'll see if we can get this fixed today.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:38 AM

Well this is my thread, and that's not my problem. My Hero is fine, he is with my main army.

Ok I got the quest to work. I made a bunch of housing to fit all those duplicate units, finally got everyone inside then created a new army and went to the quest site and I was able to enter and do it without getting the black screen. While doing that, my shrine finally got built...don't know if you guys fixed it or what.

Last edited by SgtOx : 10-29-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hi SgtOx,

Can you please tell us the following information to help us fix this issue for you:

Your username, Your Town name, the slot (1,2,3 or 4) this town is in. This will greatly help us in fixing this quest issue.

I guess we`ll also take a look at other issues your town might be having. I heard your having hell of a buggy experience - sorry to hear, and we`ll try to address most of the issues effecting your town in the upcoming 1.1.0 patch.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:23 PM

Default My Info

Ok this is my info:

Username: sgtoxman
City name: Gallandra
Slot: 1

Please check on the units I have in the city as some are not being listed when I wish to create an army.

Also, I have built my walls of full stone and my quest to build a wall has not completed.