Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

unit suggestions - Page 19 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
we have not set a limit yet and I don't think we will, every unit can rank up, when it does you get to choose which skills or abilities you want to increase for that unit, heroes and units alike. I personaly like ranking up the Attack of the unit, it's chance to inflect damage on their enemies, heh if the enemy keeps geting wounded and wounded, what good is defense ?
But if they have more troops then your pretty much dead... low defense meaning they kill you fast too...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Also, I could see major lag issues with that kind of thing.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
But if they have more troops then your pretty much dead... low defense meaning they kill you fast too...
then u use magic
Old 04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
Also, I could see major lag issues with that kind of thing.
with what super units you have seasoned over a long career of pwnage?

cause there is already a limit on how many soldiers u can field which is more then enough i say
Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

So soldiers are valuable assets, as opposed to cannon fodder. I think this would be more befitting for MMORPG only. Maybe in the 'Random Map' or 'Skirmish' mode they would rank up faster, so as to devalue them somewhat. Well, I guess that's common sense, on second thoughts.

EDIT: Another thing is that if say a particular unit is more defensive typically (because of its faction or the particular unit type), then maybe all its stats could rise, but its defense stats would increase more as opposed to say, attack stats, or HP or range etc. I know some would argue for the opposite, saying that due to it having defense already, then its attack stats should now build up its weakness of low attack. But I think to keep that units real purpose and not to bamboozle the enemy completely, it's better that way.

Last edited by fyro11 : 04-21-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM

TaTa456 has a default reputation

having to keep track of every individual single unit's experience and upgrading their stats will be difficult imo. just having their experience rise up thus giving them more rank or battlesense, making them stronger, smarter, faster and so on in battle. and this would go on top of additional unit upgrades (armor, pierce armor, attack damage, range, attack rate, etc) that you could research from a blacksmith or university type building (this affects all units of that type of research/upgrade) experience just makes units better fighters on top of that
Old 04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Kell Aset has a default reputation

I could suggest again something, Polish Hussars, a bit exotic because of wings ( riders scared with them enemy horses and were creating special sound) it was elite unit in our army in it's time.
Hussars started as a light and after some time changed to heavy cavalery.

More photos:
http://www.jest.art.pl/zbroja.html
http://www.jest.art.pl/skrzydla.html
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

OrcSlayer has a default reputation

Quote:
oringinaly posted by Konstantin Fomenko]
So - Elven player can use Sorcerers invisibility ability, approach walls - plant a climbable plant to get on top of the walls. .
why not have a plant like that only instead of being climable it slowly damages the enemys wall
sorry the quote didn't work

Last edited by Puppeteer : 04-27-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcSlayer View Post
Quote:
oringinaly posted by Konstantin Fomenko]
So - Elven player can use Sorcerers invisibility ability, approach walls - plant a climbable plant to get on top of the walls. .
why not have a plant like that only instead of being climable it slowly damages the enemys wall
sorry the quote didn't work
sabotage is sexy

Last edited by Puppeteer : 04-27-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Kell Aset has a default reputation

I was off for a little and now I see no comments about my humble "suggesion" hmn ? not that I really thought such units will be really under consideration for some reasons. Hmn perhaps because it was rather unit exclusive to my country but ah well, nobody wrote even something like " wow I didnt know there was cavalery with wings " heh so I am suprised, a little .