Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Options to change unit armour and weapons.... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this idea??
Would be awesome to have the option to do so 6 66.67%
Would like it but game would still be ok with out it 2 22.22%
Not really i think it would make the game abit unfair 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2011, 09:57 PM

WarpedWolf has a default reputation
Default Options to change unit armour and weapons....

i dont know if this topic has been mentioned but another one wont hurt.

I would love to see the capability of changing a units Armour and weapons like there helms and torso the whole deal. This simple but complicated addition would make the game alot better byt they will need to think about it alot before making such a big change...

Like the fact there have to be alot of armors the same so you can change your troops around and have the ability to change at least 4 troops so they army can all look different {kinda like War-hammer mark of chaos style} and if they do this then they would be smart to add in the ability to make the different units different colors and such thou its not needed but would be nice.

they could have the option to make your own armor from the black smith which will cost gold and time or buy stuff from the bigger cities that will cost and arm and a leg just to get... But the ones that you use the blacksmith for would be better in the long run but take like a day or two to make depending on the item that is being made.

I also agree with some of the other forums regarding troops and flag ideas like importing your own banner and emblem for the troops to make them more distinguished from other players also have the alliance flag attached to your own flag so people can see clearly who your with...

There are a few more ideas like flags in the city that are of your banners and emblem.

also like to add i love the people who made this game been looking for one just like this for years!!!!!

If you like to add more please do so or point out any faults cause this just popped into my head and i blurted it out
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Oratory has a default reputation

I will never understand why people want this, Sure, it would be good for a singelplayer game. But if this game (wich i hope) will come to a competative stage, stuff like this will ruin it for new players. When i play a pvp game agains someone, i want MY skill to matter, how i micro my units, and how good i counter his troops. With a equipment system, it will just make it way to advanced for you to enjou casualy.

What they need is more "skills/attributes", so you can customise your units more that way, wich i think that they will. But once again, equipments AND "skills/attributes" will just be to much customisation.

Being able to somewhat customise the collor of troops would be nice though.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I'd like to see an armor customization plan integrated (more customizing is planned out already) and I don't think it would take away from the skill needed. The devs are working hard at balancing things so it won't be "I have uber armor for 50%+ ,give up now"
Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

I would like to see perhaps iron introduced and the blacksmith can use it to make better armour for your hero. I want a Plate mail wearing hero not chain mai but i dont agree having it it for the cannon fodder so they can take on elite unitsl
Old 10-25-2011, 01:52 AM

WarpedWolf has a default reputation

well even if it is just for looks to change the army so they are different from one another it would add a much more realistic touch to the game just so that they are not all the same unit.. i hate it when every unit is the same it takes out the fun of a game... i you are a true lover of the games and graphics also the realism of this type of game you would agree to it and i will make my self clear simply having different armors dose not mean that your troops will be any better just for the look concept of it.

also there are upgrades for your troops already so if you think its only skill involved in this game its not they already have tech in it so the armor is just and up side if they decide that it gives extra bonuses... and one more thing this GAME IS A MICRO KINDA GAME ITS RTS FFS
Old 10-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Well...it's a good idea. But it could get unfair if it gets carried away.

Really, I would be fine with it even if it was only for looks, without any stats involved. Of course, then it shouldn't be really expensive.

But if it's handled right, and the armor and weapons are within limits (no getting random stuff, like orange construction helmets), it could work with stats. This would add a whole new demenision to the game, and would hopefully make it a lot more fun.

Of course, a lot has to get done before then...