Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieg501 View Post
Than you are the exception to the rule, because people with powerfull computers are haveing all kinds of problems, apparantly the developers have admitted that there are problems with optimizing dual core computers and they are working on it, but even quad core are having problems. I am sure they will improve this but how long it will take is anyones guess
I believe it has something to do with the windows.I use a leptop with windows 7 family 64 bit one.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:28 PM

CrazyWolf has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
nope you don't have a decent leptop.I have a 800 dollars just bought leptop and game works fine on it.
Ya i guess a :
PROCESSOR IntelŽ Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz
VIDEO CARD NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 555M 1GB graphics with Optimus

doesn't count as decent anymore.

I agree with you Dreamwalker, there is potential, but the game is playing itself for me. Not fun.

Also asking me to play a specific race is poor advice. I wanted to play elfs, not orcs or humans. Your basically asking me to get rid of all 2weeks of "work" aka watching the game build for me, to roll a new race. In this case there should have just been one race, the orcs.

Also I am still stuck on a quest I have already reported that I can not complete. So all that is left for me is PvPing and watching my walls go up. It doesn't make me want to log in anymore. The only thing you can customize is the name of your city, which is not fun imo.

There are soooo many awesome RTS games out there that could have been a template for this game where you have complete control for what you want to build, where, how to set up your defenses, and etc and do not have problems with invincible defenses. I think that is a misconception because other games have found ways around it. With Elfs you get a handful of buildings and that is it. I've build 3 alchemy labs just out of boredom because there is nothing left. I hope more things open up after my citadel upgrade is finished...

Last edited by CrazyWolf : 10-24-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWolf View Post
Ya i guess a :
PROCESSOR IntelŽ Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz
VIDEO CARD NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 555M 1GB graphics with Optimus

doesn't count as decent anymore.

I agree with you Dreamwalker, there is potential, but the game is playing itself for me. Not fun.

Also asking me to play a specific race is poor advice. I wanted to play elfs, not orcs or humans. Your basically asking me to get rid of all 2weeks of "work" aka watching the game build for me, to roll a new race. In this case there should have just been one race, the orcs.

Also I am still stuck on a quest I have already reported that I can not complete. So all that is left for me is PvPing and watching my walls go up. It doesn't make me want to log in anymore. The only thing you can customize is the name of your city, which is not fun imo.

There are soooo many awesome RTS games out there that could have been a template for this game where you have complete control for what you want to build, where, how to set up your defenses, and etc and do not have problems with invincible defenses. I think that is a misconception because other games have found ways around it. With Elfs you get a handful of buildings and that is it. I've build 3 alchemy labs just out of boredom because there is nothing left. I hope more things open up after my citadel upgrade is finished...
Um you're asking something different than what it was designed. I play elves too yet I don't mind that there are few buildings because that's how the race got designed.You want more buildings?Play human or orc.You want free building?orcs go there.

You can't ask to build anything where you want because elves are supposed to build in trees only and have most of their upgrades to their actual buildings while human/orcs have less.Also the fact each race has a different building way is unique to each race.So if you want freedom,then pick the convenient race but don't ask the devs to ruin the unique way for 2 races because you don't feel like like having few buildings or total freedom to build

Last edited by andreicde : 10-24-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Quote:
Um you're asking something different than what it was designed. I play elves too yet I don't mind that there are few buildings because that's how the race got designed.You want more buildings?Play human or orc.You want free building?orcs go there.

You can't ask to build anything where you want because elves are supposed to build in trees only and have most of their upgrades to their actual buildings while human/orcs have less.Also the fact each race has a different building way is unique to each race.So if you want freedom,then pick the convenient race but don't ask the devs to ruin the unique way for 2 races because you don't feel like like having few buildings or total freedom to build
QFT btw ark i never see you ingame anymore well i guess thats mainly cause i can't play as much as i use to
Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanman20 View Post
QFT btw ark i never see you ingame anymore well i guess thats mainly cause i can't play as much as i use to
yeah college keeps me busy most of my time.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 AM

arramar has a default reputation

Wealth in the game you need to purchase. Im not generating it i.e. the crowns so I assume you buy from market.) I have been on the market clicked the correct tab but it says that the purchase of the wealth (upto 120 per day) is unavaialble?

Putting here because its now stopping me developing my little group of orcs.
Upto now I am enjoying game but have not met any other players....has yet!
Maybe its because I'm playing orcs?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:43 AM

CrazyWolf has a default reputation

Quote:
That's like saying you should eat a polished turd, just because it was designed to sparkle. But it is still a turd. Elfs are not fun. I can ask to build wherever I want because I COULD have the option of placing trees wherever, but it is not in their design goals yet. Elfs are suppose to work with nature, why can't they grow a simple tree? It is a matter of opinion and you do not have to act offended because I see this game differently than you do.

Also what do you do with all the funds you have left over when you have built everything? You get infinite gold and resources just be dragging your hero's slow ass to a few cities for trading which breaks the entire economy of my town imo. I don't even need an economy with a little trading. Build more Unicorns? How many do you want?

Aslo I am not asking the dev ruining anything. If your content with have limited building options, limited unit options....mounted vs walking, limited quest options, even limiting my interaction with the community (where are all the pretty player driven cities to look at and wish I could conquer?), then good for you. I am glad you are enjoying the game. I, however, am not. I know this game just launched and they will add new content and features. I know they are following all the threads and take our input into consideration for future development.

I see a lot of effort put into the game and a lot of nice Devs out there, but they want my opinion and that is the game is not fun, especially for me wanting to play Elfs.

Quote:
FYI I can ask whatever I want. I payed for the game, they deserve my input. It is not unique, it is limiting.

Last edited by CrazyWolf : 10-25-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arramar View Post
Wealth in the game you need to purchase. Im not generating it i.e. the crowns so I assume you buy from market.) I have been on the market clicked the correct tab but it says that the purchase of the wealth (upto 120 per day) is unavaialble?

Putting here because its now stopping me developing my little group of orcs.
Upto now I am enjoying game but have not met any other players....has yet!
Maybe its because I'm playing orcs?
No we don't get to "meet" other players unless in PvP but you cant even control who you get really. Theres always the chat box I guess.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

True atm. Visiting other players towns is on the cards and will hopefully be implemented within the next 6 weeks
Old 10-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWolf View Post
That's like saying you should eat a polished turd, just because it was designed to sparkle. But it is still a turd. Elfs are not fun. I can ask to build wherever I want because I COULD have the option of placing trees wherever, but it is not in their design goals yet. Elfs are suppose to work with nature, why can't they grow a simple tree? It is a matter of opinion and you do not have to act offended because I see this game differently than you do.

Also what do you do with all the funds you have left over when you have built everything? You get infinite gold and resources just be dragging your hero's slow ass to a few cities for trading which breaks the entire economy of my town imo. I don't even need an economy with a little trading. Build more Unicorns? How many do you want?

Aslo I am not asking the dev ruining anything. If your content with have limited building options, limited unit options....mounted vs walking, limited quest options, even limiting my interaction with the community (where are all the pretty player driven cities to look at and wish I could conquer?), then good for you. I am glad you are enjoying the game. I, however, am not. I know this game just launched and they will add new content and features. I know they are following all the threads and take our input into consideration for future development.

I see a lot of effort put into the game and a lot of nice Devs out there, but they want my opinion and that is the game is not fun, especially for me wanting to play Elfs.

FYI I can ask whatever I want. I payed for the game, they deserve my input. It is not unique, it is limiting.
and how are elfs not fun wtf are you talking about i love playing mine and i got the game the first day it came out.. also if they add city's to the map then it will just lag everyone... not to say they would have to make the map bigger and add more city's as some would be far away...