Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How's the game? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM

TheUnknownX has a default reputation
Default How's the game?

I played for a while during beta. Apparently the game is no longer in beta.

Graphics used to be very buggy and ugly and framerate was horrible.

Combat didn't usually work. My soldiers just didn't always feel like attacking and instead walked against enemy while getting hit. Soldiers often got stuck on ground.

Are these two problems fixed?

Also, WHYYYY can't I build buildings and walls where ever I want instead of ****** predetermined lots. Who ever came up with that idea should get slapped XD.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Then I suggest you forget about ever hearing about the game :P
Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownX View Post
I played for a while during beta. Apparently the game is no longer in beta.

Graphics used to be very buggy and ugly and framerate was horrible.

Combat didn't usually work. My soldiers just didn't always feel like attacking and instead walked against enemy while getting hit. Soldiers often got stuck on ground.

Are these two problems fixed?

Also, WHYYYY can't I build buildings and walls where ever I want instead of ****** predetermined lots. Who ever came up with that idea should get slapped XD.
because only orcs can build where they want.that's how it's designed.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Then I suggest you forget about ever hearing about the game :P
lol true true
Old 10-24-2011, 12:54 AM

CrazyWolf has a default reputation

This game is a HUGE let down. I wish I didn't buy it. You can not build your own fortress, the game does it for you. The only thing you can really do is build units, do buggy quests/pvp, and watch the game build for you. Complete let down. I can't place my buildings, walls, and etc. I just log in to see how my 2nd set of walls is going and then log off. So damn boring it is unbelievable. I have a decent laptop that runs almost everything on High settings but this games is buggy as hell and even on low it lags. Don't waste your money. I got drawn in by the 'hype', but the videos did not show the complete lack of customization. If I wanted the game to build my own castle for me, it should pay the 30$ for me too. Complete and utter let down. I can't wait for diablo3 and SWTOR.

I have only played elfs and online. I do not want to play the other races or the single player at all now because online is so terribly boring.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Being able to customize the walls too much would be hugely problematic as players could build simply unpassable chokepoints that wouldn't work in a real castle that these cities try to resemble but would make the city invincible in the game. It would be hugely complicated to put in rules to prevent all of that so we opted not to do it. If you wish to place your buildings, play orcs, they can do it. Elves and men are designed to be different.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:05 AM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

Well how is the game?

It was released to early. It still has much bugs, even some that force you to rebuild your city after they patched them (for future cities).

And the performance is very bad. I have a really good computer, but this game runs bad even in low settings. Specially when you try to level up a bit and gain some gold when you hunt some randoms in the world map. There its.. very lagging.

But I still think the game has potential and can be much fun. So I hope they will do som good things about the performance and the bugs and then there will be much fun

So wait a bit, then ask again. Right now I can´t say that I would suggest to bye it to someone. But they work on it and that gives good hope for the nead - middle future
Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWolf View Post
This game is a HUGE let down. I wish I didn't buy it. You can not build your own fortress, the game does it for you. The only thing you can really do is build units, do buggy quests/pvp, and watch the game build for you. Complete let down. I can't place my buildings, walls, and etc. I just log in to see how my 2nd set of walls is going and then log off. So damn boring it is unbelievable. I have a decent laptop that runs almost everything on High settings but this games is buggy as hell and even on low it lags. Don't waste your money. I got drawn in by the 'hype', but the videos did not show the complete lack of customization. If I wanted the game to build my own castle for me, it should pay the 30$ for me too. Complete and utter let down. I can't wait for diablo3 and SWTOR.

I have only played elfs and online. I do not want to play the other races or the single player at all now because online is so terribly boring.
nope you don't have a decent leptop.I have a 800 dollars just bought leptop and game works fine on it.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 AM

eddieg501 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
nope you don't have a decent leptop.I have a 800 dollars just bought leptop and game works fine on it.
Than you are the exception to the rule, because people with powerfull computers are haveing all kinds of problems, apparantly the developers have admitted that there are problems with optimizing dual core computers and they are working on it, but even quad core are having problems. I am sure they will improve this but how long it will take is anyones guess
Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

How is the game?

That's the question, isn't it?

I'm sorry, but right now, I have to agree that the game is extremely buggy. But not nearly as buggy as it was before, and the bugs are getting fixed all the time.

Yeah, no, you can't put buildings where ever you want unless you're orcs. And CrazyWolf, there might not be tons of customization, but so what? The game might be a let down now, but it will get better, not only when the bugs are gone, but when new content is added. Like hero customization, and maybe new races.

So I wouldn't tell anybody to buy it now. But in not too long, when the game is polished up and new stuff is being added...it will be awsome.