Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

how DOF works?? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 10:02 AM

JonesBlade has a default reputation
Default how DOF works??

I thought that the players are with me on the map?? but i think its more an single player with quests and building up your city + pvp matches. is this right??

also the quests repeat very often. always i have to kill an army or an little outpost. and i got an army of 2 x 60 untis and i can always only play max. with 20....and my hero must always attack with them, so i can only march with 1 army when i want to attack....
When other players pick also like me Orc and brakental. they got the same city like me?? or is there an option that my city looks completely different ( i mean the walls ) like, after the palisade, i can choose if they change the terrain and make an hill on my mainhouse or i concentrating making 3 wall with hills or i make a gulch between the walls and city. or everybody has the same defense??? i want that my city also looks like makkada or like nostrada

I would like to here your opinion. if i am right or i am blind. this things i dont like. the game is really good. but i feel a little bit lonely. for me its not really MMO.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM

karamot has fair reputation

nice aim
u shooted all game limitation, im completely agreed with you

this is a single player game with pvp match, ur sadly right
Old 10-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

True, true.

But there is always chat.

And once alliances and guilds are added, making friends with the other players will suddenly become very important.

And, eventually, there might be trade between player cities; so, you could visit other players' towns without having to fight a huge, bloody war.

Of course, bloody wars are nice too.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesBlade View Post
I thought that the players are with me on the map?? but i think its more an single player with quests and building up your city + pvp matches. is this right??

also the quests repeat very often. always i have to kill an army or an little outpost. and i got an army of 2 x 60 untis and i can always only play max. with 20....and my hero must always attack with them, so i can only march with 1 army when i want to attack....
When other players pick also like me Orc and brakental. they got the same city like me?? or is there an option that my city looks completely different ( i mean the walls ) like, after the palisade, i can choose if they change the terrain and make an hill on my mainhouse or i concentrating making 3 wall with hills or i make a gulch between the walls and city. or everybody has the same defense??? i want that my city also looks like makkada or like nostrada

I would like to here your opinion. i am right or i am blind. this things i dont like. the game is really good. but i feel a little bit lonely. for me its not really MMO.
If you could actually see the things in game it would be really ugly.Who wants to see hundreds or thousands or hundreds of flags on the map?besides after they add the guilds+features it will be fun and you'l see the multiplayer part
Old 10-22-2011, 01:52 PM

arifel has a default reputation

Having watched all the game trailers I thought the MMO game map would actually have more than just myself too. Little did I know that it was actually a single player game map with a basic matching system for one-on-one battles using peer-to-peer connection.

The only thing keeping me attached to this game is its atmosphere. Everything in this game is true to its setting, and somehow that's rare to come by in modern fantasy games.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

The future plans are to display player cities on a hardcore mode server going forward. (I've heard). Dof is very different in that it tends to evolve as opposed to most games set in stone.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
The future plans are to display player cities on a hardcore mode server going forward. (I've heard). Dof is very different in that it tends to evolve as opposed to most games set in stone.
heh is this true? i admittinly love DoF for what it is (thou currently on break due to university project(s) which date is crawling closer and closer <.<). But that'd be awesome.

still that seems odd, you sure about that mate?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well I'm not a dev and have no info about it. I have heard/read it stated that the devs want to do a hardcore server once the current server is running smoothly. That I am sure about