Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Loot for equipments Idea - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 01:51 PM

Sokkur has a default reputation
Default Loot for equipments Idea

Here is an idea
Can it possibly be so that individual soilder can loot a fallen soilder of the same unit type for new equipment?

Explanation of the idea:

Every solider begins with a random equipment pieces(they are limited to how meny equipment pieces they start with) and when they are killed one of those equipment pieces will be available for other soilder of the same unit type, who dosen't have the given equipment piece, to loot and equip it. The whole process would be automatic. The player would still be able to choose between resources and equipments. This ability could be exclusive to some race like for example: Orcs.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:45 PM

omardigs has a default reputation

I like the idea and it reminds me a lot like the equipment process for the game Overlord. Your troops would make kills and some would end up with equipment from these kills. So in the long run if you were really good at keeping your troops alive you would have troops that would have equipment to show off the many battles they were at and the many different enemies they had fought.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM

LoLzLobster has a default reputation

So what you're saying is that for sake of argument, a orc melee unit kills its equivalent human opponent that your orcs could look the humans armor if it's better. I think that would be neat, it would make the orcs definately seem like raiders and pillagers. I dont think that it should happen automatically though. If something like this was implemented I think that "looting" should happen after combat. So once you have won the skirmish, successfully sieged the castle , defended your castle , etc. You can choose to have units equip looted gear from the enemy dead or more resources. Make the player determine whats they want more... More well equipped troops or more resources to raise more troops, build up your castle , research tech or w/e . I don't think that looting gear should be race specific persay, but some races like elves might not loot certain things, example an elf wouldnt want to wear smelly , heavy , ugly orc armor...right?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:27 PM

gnoss has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLzLobster View Post
So what you're saying is that for sake of argument, a orc melee unit kills its equivalent human opponent that your orcs could look the humans armor if it's better. I think that would be neat, it would make the orcs definately seem like raiders and pillagers. I dont think that it should happen automatically though. If something like this was implemented I think that "looting" should happen after combat. So once you have won the skirmish, successfully sieged the castle , defended your castle , etc. You can choose to have units equip looted gear from the enemy dead or more resources. Make the player determine whats they want more... More well equipped troops or more resources to raise more troops, build up your castle , research tech or w/e . I don't think that looting gear should be race specific persay, but some races like elves might not loot certain things, example an elf wouldnt want to wear smelly , heavy , ugly orc armor...right?
i agree. u have to make them loot the bodies, and after the match u can equip whatever fancy you. the gear will have to been obtained by the opposing combatant and you will not loose ur gear from loosing a skirsmish.
Would make the good geared people more desirable to beat, so they would share the load!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Please look at which forum section you're posting in before doing so. There is one just for suggestions such as this one.
Moved.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:56 PM

LoLzLobster has a default reputation

Also for an offensive race like orcs...it can help you pick up momentum in the early game.. so you can have your basic warriors loot armor, therefore you make your army stronger even though you cant build ogres or any of the really strong stuff yet. I'm under the impression that the orcs need to raid and fight to grow.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 AM

Sokkur has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by omardigs View Post
I like the idea and it reminds me a lot like the equipment process for the game Overlord.
That was the game I got this idea from.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

If this were truly to be an effective addition, perhaps it could be tied directly into the looting that is done by your peasants during or after a battle...

A simple way of doing it is that besides getting resources from looting, you also pick up a certain amount of Experience Points that you can allocate to any unit or battalion you desire.

Now I know that sounds hardly realistic, but, in my mind, the experience points would take the place of any equipment, as the points are used to upgrade a unit, which is also the goal of equipment. So it kind of fits.

The one fault in this concept is the possibility of more elite units/battalions, as players could focus their looted experience points on one or two units/battalions. This would mean that the experience of a battalion/unit would not be representative of experience earned during actual combat.

Issues? Ideas?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 PM

Hurryforcurry has a default reputation
Default Looting

Agreed, I think they should have a system like that Sparta game where your units can equip enemy sword after the battle is won.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Karl-Heinz has a default reputation

The idea is good but from what I saw of the game, it seems he will have many units. Would be almost impossible to generate a unique character for each unit of each player, taking into account that it is an MMO. The idea would be perfect with hero unit, but the basic soldiers would be awkward to implement, since the manual selection of loot would be very complicated and automatic can not please everyone. Now, apply the concept of experience to the battalions is the wisest thing to do. This has always been present in games, since the Old but Gold Master of Magic. And that the ranks gaining experience in accordance with their deeds in battle, without the option of the player to choose, because that would just be ridiculous.