Updater - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success
Default Updater

So i finally bought this game today and installed it then i tried to run it which didn't work then as admin then i tried to use the DotNetFX40Client which didn't work as i only had repair and remove so i tried to repair didn't work so i tried to remove same result so i deleted it completely and now can't re install all of this without the updater working so now im looking for a way to fix .net and then to get the game running and was wondering if i can get some help

S.O.S

edit also when i open updater i get a CLR error:80004005 the program will now terminate

im on win 7

Last edited by knightl : 10-20-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Hey, did you try the steps in this thread: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4289 ?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno Montonen View Post
Hey, did you try the steps in this thread: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4289 ?
yes i did them all but it still isn't working yet i put it on a usb drive and put it on a older computer and it worked on that so it must be something on this comp with win7 and also since i activated it on that computer if i pull it off and put it on the usb again will i still have my cities and the sort down here.

Also ill tell you in like 12hours when i wake up if replacing the files on this one to the new ones work if so then that could be helpful in future if not ill cry alot
Old 10-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Online Kingdom cities are stored on the server, so yes, you should be able to access those from the other computer as well. What comes to Kingdom Wars campaigns, that depenson what files you copy over to the other computer.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Reverie World Studios - Utilities Programmer

Tyler Dodge has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
yes i did them all but it still isn't working yet i put it on a usb drive and put it on a older computer and it worked on that so it must be something on this comp with win7 and also since i activated it on that computer if i pull it off and put it on the usb again will i still have my cities and the sort down here.

Also ill tell you in like 12hours when i wake up if replacing the files on this one to the new ones work if so then that could be helpful in future if not ill cry alot
Hi knightl,

On the computer that it does not work, could you go into your windows/Microsoft.Net/Framework/ directory and tell me what versions of .net you have?

This is a .net installation error, which is not controlled by the updater itself. The updater targets .net 4.0, and here is a link to a Microsoft support site thread, that should contain all that's necessary to help fix it http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9-31469eddf32e

Last edited by Tyler Dodge : 10-20-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Dodge View Post
Hi knightl,

On the computer that it does not work, could you go into your windows/Microsoft.Net/Framework/ directory and tell me what versions of .net you have?

This is a .net installation error, which is not controlled by the updater itself. The updater targets .net 4.0, and here is a link to a Microsoft support site thread, that should contain all that's necessary to help fix it http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9-31469eddf32e
could i simply paste the .net from that computer on to this one and its v4.0.30319 which is the required one isn't it?

edit: i copy and pasted what was in that directory on old comp onto this one so thats how its updated and since im win7 it doesnt let me uninstall and if i try those links only options are repair and remove none of which work even if i would delete all .net things possible god damn win7

man why did i have to get win7 as i can't bare the lagg on the comp upstairs its ancient and it works on the game

Last edited by knightl : 10-20-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

OOOO i think i found the problem since im win7 my .net should be using framework64 but i have framework and thats updated to the newest yet 64 is empty so i need to fix that somehow or get rid of win7
Old 10-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

triple post god damn im on a roll

can anyone link me so i can get the .NET i need for win7 as i can't find any (i need the framework64)

nvrm i got it and it still doesn't work i need to get it working been waiting for ages for this and it wasn't the cheapest thing

Last edited by knightl : 10-20-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Utilities Programmer

Tyler Dodge has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
triple post god damn im on a roll

can anyone link me so i can get the .NET i need for win7 as i can't find any (i need the framework64)

nvrm i got it and it still doesn't work i need to get it working been waiting for ages for this and it wasn't the cheapest thing
Try uninstalling .net framework, and reinstalling by using this link.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=17718
Old 10-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Dodge View Post
Try uninstalling .net framework, and reinstalling by using this link.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=17718
thats the thing if i try uninstall i get fatal error if i delete manually its still there somehow so i cant uninstall but i got it on 64 bit and normal and it still doesnt work

i guess that means im screwed?
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (27.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by knightl : 10-21-2011 at 12:22 AM.