Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What bugs should we work on? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

I'd say that lag/performance are the main issues atm.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 10-20-2011, 08:50 AM

eddieg501 has a default reputation

Get rid of those damn flickering shadows , allow us to turn the shadows on and off. I thought when we were off line our builders continued to build apparently that is not the case, that needs to be addressed right away and of course the extreme lag. It also takes a long time to gather resorces, it is almost like the game is telling you to log on , do a quest or buy some merc or goods and task your workers and come back in 10 hours and do the same things, in short the gathering process needs to be speeded up, thanks

Last edited by eddieg501 : 10-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieg501 View Post
Get rid of those damn flickering shadows , allow us to turn the shadows on and off. I thought when we were off line our builders continued to build apparently that is not the case, that needs to be addressed right away and of course the extreme lag. thanks
Lol your from MMORPG.com I'm RelytDnegel over there xD. But yes shadows need to be addressed although I don't find the building too bad in that I had all my buildings done in 2 days so its only annoying for a short period of time. Lag in PvP will take a long time to fix I would imagine as it is a pretty huge issue and hard to fix
Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 AM

eddieg501 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Lol your from MMORPG.com I'm RelytDnegel over there xD. But yes shadows need to be addressed although I don't find the building too bad in that I had all my buildings done in 2 days so its only annoying for a short period of time. Lag in PvP will take a long time to fix I would imagine as it is a pretty huge issue and hard to fix
yes those shadows remind me of that damn flickering ball they used to have in the disco days, I could put up with poyester pants but not that flickering ball LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 09:25 AM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

I think most priority should be given to bugs that need to remake a city.

I have one of those and must make it new now so I hope it is fixed.

That should be most important. All other things, that can be changed with still having a 100 % working town after this, can be done after those.

And I think it is really important to concentrate to bugfixing first and then release new stuff.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
Original Base Building Approach

Each player’s Stronghold features hundreds of buildings that look and behave like a City-Simulation game, but without any micro-management, giving the player more time to spend on the battlefield. In addition each race offers a different approach to building strongholds - the Elves build high up in their great trees, Men build on organized plots, and Orcs build anywhere within their homeland region.

Stunning Siege Combat

User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted catapults.

Complex Economic Model with Corpse Looting

Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.

From the "features" page. These 3 need fixed and worked on. Cities not building and stuck is a major issue for me. Peasants not working or being stuck is just as bad. Fix the cities and economy ;-)

Things i would like to see:

Also would be nice to allow us to build our castle walls where and how we want. Making choke points, kill zones, and double up on defenses in a unsecure area.

Would like to see a feature that allows "filling in" water areas to bypass walls, fill in moats.

Make this more like a castle sim would be fun. Give us an opportunity to create our own city from the ground up, not have set areas ( i think orcs can do this?). I know pvp is such a huge thing for many here, as it is for me. I like pvp, but i also like the other things and dont want just another build an army and smash it into another.But would like pve aspect to be expanded.

This is a feature i would like to see very much:
As a Total War fan and been playing their series since Shogun 1. I would like formations to be added. And allow us to use more than a handful of units. But click the entire army and be able to set up formations. Example Infantry in front, archer in middle with siege, spear on the sides for flanking, and calv off to the side ready to move down the map. As an example, i hope someone understand what im talking about lol.

Larger maps also would be nice to give more contro of strategy, setting up defense locations, etc... These maps are small. Cavalry army can be on top of you in seconds.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
From the "features" page. These 3 need fixed and worked on. Cities not building and stuck is a major issue for me. Peasants not working or being stuck is just as bad. Fix the cities and economy ;-)

Things i would like to see:

Also would be nice to allow us to build our castle walls where and how we want. Making choke points, kill zones, and double up on defenses in a unsecure area.

Would like to see a feature that allows "filling in" water areas to bypass walls, fill in moats.

Make this more like a castle sim would be fun. Give us an opportunity to create our own city from the ground up, not have set areas ( i think orcs can do this?). I know pvp is such a huge thing for many here, as it is for me. I like pvp, but i also like the other things and dont want just another build an army and smash it into another.But would like pve aspect to be expanded.

This is a feature i would like to see very much:
As a Total War fan and been playing their series since Shogun 1. I would like formations to be added. And allow us to use more than a handful of units. But click the entire army and be able to set up formations. Example Infantry in front, archer in middle with siege, spear on the sides for flanking, and calv off to the side ready to move down the map. As an example, i hope someone understand what im talking about lol.

Larger maps also would be nice to give more contro of strategy, setting up defense location go for s, tc... These maps are small. Cavalry army can be on top of you in seconds.
Large maps would actually produce more lag.They'd have to change the graphic of the game completly for that
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hey guys - ok we are trying to squeeze in as much of this as possible into the next patch - ETA tomorrow night. Should be a good one, from big stuff you requests, to little things - like that Straircases in the middle of some strongholds.

The one issue that will take a while - is PvP lag. This happens course one of the players has a weak dual core PC, or perhaps Win XP PC - both have an extreme lag bug when it comes to pahtfinding. We are debating a temporary solution. When you task a bunch of battalions - the game will wait 2 seconds before tasking next battalion. We`ll see if we can restrict this to PvP only.

Thanks for the feedback!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:42 AM

BrandungsFels has fair reputation

the issues which annoy me most in short:

- grouping and on battlefield controlling
- peasants forgetting their jobs
- perhaps something to remind me to carry stones when laying siege or at least some workers

-Fels
Old 10-21-2011, 05:53 AM

Pargulan has a default reputation

Hey Konstantin!

As for me, I stopped playing at the patch where you "changed the armor-system". It makes Dragons completely useless. They are supposed to be melee and cost a lot of wealth, but get killed by standard-archers in no time. PLUS since u changed something with the armor-thingie i'm not able to "run over" enemy troops with my dragon anymore because for every single unit the dragon kills he gets 100 dmg. Now, if u run over a squad of 30 lets say "slayers" your dragon is almost dead BUT then he gets shot by some archers ... great ( btw. i lost a royal dragon that way ^^ )

in addition, one of the most annoying things for me was, that the "goblin-huts" always resetted their spawning to melee instead of archers.

and .. the worst part of all .. the balancing of elvish troops compared to especially orcish.
Orcs are said to be "strong warriors" but in fact each and every single unit of them is off any use. I got an army with about 10-13 ogres, about 10-13 wargen-impalers and the rest marauder/gobo-archers ( armystrength 940+ ) and got completely destroyed by ONLY mounted Grandmasters ( armystrength 820 ). And that took the fun out of it. I cant "defend" as good as humans with sone-walls, My troops get killed by elves in no time, dragons get killed if they run over troops but are supposed to be melee .. well thats why i quit playing.

I may be starting if some balancings are done again, but right now i just dont consider it to be fun.

( sry for my bad english, hope u get the point of what im trying to say )

Cheers
Pargulan