Patch # 1.0.8 - One O Eight! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
Just when is the Orc warg and goblin huts reseting to whatever they want going to be fix'd? What about the orc workers running off the map or under ground when they feel like it? How about the huge PvP lag or the PvP searcher that still wont stop looking?

Was nerfing influence that more important then the above bugs or people having to alt f4 4 times a hour due our screens being filled with town name tags?
We are still looking into issues with PvP, Orc workers and building unit spawn selection saving but they are taking longer to fix than expected. Hopefully they will be included in the next patch.

As for the nerfing of Influence, that was included not because it was a higher priority but because unlike those bigger issues you mentioned it only took a few minutes to change, it didn't require hours of testing and could be done by someone not working on more important things.

While this patch doesn't address all the issues raised by players, it does fix some of the issues that some people have been having. We thought it better to release the patch now and fix some issues, rather than wait to release the patch only once all other issues had been addressed.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamot View Post
orc bug affect about 1 third of players, think about it...
which means they can appeal to 2 thirds of people with a more generalised patch think about it...
Old 10-19-2011, 07:46 AM

karamot has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
which means they can appeal to 2 thirds of people with a more generalised patch think about it...
are u serious?
are u reading what are u writing?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamot View Post
no

fid did now are not useful for all, fixing pvp lag and orc bugs are really for all and have priority

pvp issues affect all, dwarven problems are only for low ppl, and really lol about critical problems of the game.

orc bug affect about 1 third of players, think about it...
that depends from who's perspective. the sound was sought by many people ,the dead battalions were kinda killing pvp, and the victory issues were very annoying too and the cloning issue could cause troubles too.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Well honestly who cares about pvp when your CITY isnt working properly? City, econ, general things should be put well before pvp. Lose an army, cant replace when my buildings are stuck at 58 minutes and my peasants dont do what they are suppose to do.

Not saying pvp isnt important, but feel it should be put on the back burner until the basics are actualy working. For 2 weeks my cities have not been able to grow. And pvp cities are here and i cant even build freaking walls? Got to be kidding me. Why not just put a sign on my back that says "kill me".
Old 10-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Guys - we hear you! We`ll try to make the next patch along the lines of the top issues you are reporting.

With regard to Army vs Town - don`t worry - at first it`ll be elective - letting players decide if they want to participate in Army vs Town or have a free PvP protection. Things will remain this way for a week + as we iron out the remaining bugs.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

I think the 'to do' list is very long so just relax guys, I personally would rather have smaller patches gradually fixing things then waiting a long time for a big patch and having to live with issues for that time. Of course thats just my opinion.

Anyways dont worry the devs will get to every issue, Im sure they have a battle plan or something and have it all planned out for us. Reverie is very active on the forums and as kon said 'We hear you' and thats total truth right there.

I cant really play my elf city much due to the buildings not completeting when im offline and theres a few other issues im having too, So im not saying all this with no problems of my own. However trust the devs to get it done my friends as i say things will get fixed up

Last edited by ThatguyAds1298 : 10-19-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
Well honestly who cares about pvp when your CITY isnt working properly? City, econ, general things should be put well before pvp. Lose an army, cant replace when my buildings are stuck at 58 minutes and my peasants dont do what they are suppose to do.

Not saying pvp isnt important, but feel it should be put on the back burner until the basics are actualy working. For 2 weeks my cities have not been able to grow. And pvp cities are here and i cant even build freaking walls? Got to be kidding me. Why not just put a sign on my back that says "kill me".
who cares?well let's see,most of the people?And the city working bug is happening to some people,and they are already working on that.Economy put before pvp?not really.you want an army?go farm maps and buy mercenaries. As for the rest devs are working on it,and people need to understand PATIENCE is the key to success. If they'l rush something more bugs will happen or .Look at Da2. rushed products,failed game.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
who cares?well let's see,most of the people?And the city working bug is happening to some people,and they are already working on that.Economy put before pvp?not really.you want an army?go farm maps and buy mercenaries. As for the rest devs are working on it,and people need to understand PATIENCE is the key to success. If they'l rush something more bugs will happen or .Look at Da2. rushed products,failed game.
Mister obvious there.

Dont think i was demanding my cities getting fixed right this second. Just stated cities and econ should be more important over pvp. For those that are having this issue, its a pretty damn big one.

And not once have i said anything negative towards the devs and staff, got out of line, threw a hissy fit, or in any way, shape, or form talked negatively about this game. I think i have been more than patient, and have made no demands for a refund, quick fix, or anyhting from anyone here.

But coming from someone that has had several "stuck" cities and can not enjoy the full game due to it, pvp is the last thing i care for. I dont see why my statement was qouted as if i was being rude, demanding anything, or hurting anyones feelings.

And buying mercs isnt not all about this game, or they wouldnt have barracks, stables, ranges, etc I preffer mine home grown.

Last edited by Onomas : 10-19-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:35 PM

Cruzader has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
Well honestly who cares about pvp when your CITY isnt working properly?
This. I have no interest in army vs army PVP, there doesn't seem to be anything new or exciting about that aspect of the game. I bought this game for sieges.