PvP Lag - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 03:23 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation
Default PvP Lag

Today while PvPing with an army containing my lvl 20 royal dragon the opposition charged my drag from a long distance away. I saw them coming so clicked to sprint my drag back to my army. After clicking literally 100 times over a long period of time (for a PvP) my dragon did not move and the opposing army had reached it. I quickly surrendered even though it cost me some troops it was worth saving my dragon. Yet when I get out of the PvP my lvl 20 royal dragon is not there. Now I left that game before my dragon went down AND the only reason I was in that situation is because of some ridiculous amount of lag. Even my opponent was shocked when I said my dragon had died somehow as they didn't see it go down... 120 influence is not easy to come by and lvling it to 20 was painful. I am ridiculously annoyed and will stand by not recommending this game to my friends till it is in a better state. Still can't believe I'm going to waste my influence on another drag and my time re lvling it...
Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

who were you playing with and also write your specs and exactly what was happening prior to him marching towards you and how big of an army you had with your graphics settings

also you probably did this already - but make sure you have the latest Direct X and Video Card drivers.

Last edited by knightl : 10-18-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
who were you playing with and also write your specs and exactly what was happening prior to him marching towards you and how big of an army you had with your graphics settings

also you probably did this already - but make sure you have the latest Direct X and Video Card drivers.
Can't remember his full name but I always call him Sept cause those are the first 4 letters, he is around a lot. I had my dragon walking towards his army which was on the otherside of the map he ran at me so I ordered a fire ball. The fire ball hit then I repeatedly clicked run back where my army was for over 10 seconds. I was using a full 60 battalion army and so was Sept, he had tonnes of little orc melee units. Got graphics set to the lowest possible and everything switched off even though it doesn't all switch off. Cards and Direct X is fine I have PvPd alot. I have noticed before that while the game doesn't seem to be lagging (units are moving smoothly) dragons don't respond to commands where other units will. It has almost got my dragon killed before but apparently it did this time. I am always VERY careful with my drag as I know they can die very quickly and this is why I always have it highlighted in PvP and am ready to leave the match at any time it is at risk.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Can't remember his full name but I always call him Sept cause those are the first 4 letters, he is around a lot. I had my dragon walking towards his army which was on the otherside of the map he ran at me so I ordered a fire ball. The fire ball hit then I repeatedly clicked run back where my army was for over 10 seconds. I was using a full 60 battalion army and so was Sept, he had tonnes of little orc melee units. Got graphics set to the lowest possible and everything switched off even though it doesn't all switch off. Cards and Direct X is fine I have PvPd alot. I have noticed before that while the game doesn't seem to be lagging (units are moving smoothly) dragons don't respond to commands where other units will. It has almost got my dragon killed before but apparently it did this time. I am always VERY careful with my drag as I know they can die very quickly and this is why I always have it highlighted in PvP and am ready to leave the match at any time it is at risk.
ok well it sounds like a software thing on the games end so it should be fixed if you file this in technical support with your log Just in case and the best they can do is give you your dragon (after proof) but i can't say anything about what level it should be we will need a dev in here to check that out
Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
ok well it sounds like a software thing on the games end so it should be fixed if you file this in technical support with your log Just in case and the best they can do is give you your dragon (after proof) but i can't say anything about what level it should be we will need a dev in here to check that out
Ok ill try work out how to save the logs. And my hero has just been reset from lvl 27 back to lvl 15 >< bad day. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

no problem im sure a dev will see this soon and help more and your welcome
Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 AM

eddieg501 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Today while PvPing with an army containing my lvl 20 royal dragon the opposition charged my drag from a long distance away. I saw them coming so clicked to sprint my drag back to my army. After clicking literally 100 times over a long period of time (for a PvP) my dragon did not move and the opposing army had reached it. I quickly surrendered even though it cost me some troops it was worth saving my dragon. Yet when I get out of the PvP my lvl 20 royal dragon is not there. Now I left that game before my dragon went down AND the only reason I was in that situation is because of some ridiculous amount of lag. Even my opponent was shocked when I said my dragon had died somehow as they didn't see it go down... 120 influence is not easy to come by and lvling it to 20 was painful. I am ridiculously annoyed and will stand by not recommending this game to my friends till it is in a better state. Still can't believe I'm going to waste my influence on another drag and my time re lvling it...
yes the lag makes the game frustrating and almost unplayable but remember Don't take life too seriously. You will never escape it alive anyway!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Ok we have feedback on the lag. Lag is caused by outdated pathfinding system. There is no solution until we rewrite the pathfinding - and this was only planned for November.

The only other thing we can do right now is to shrink each battalion size from 20 to 10, or limit army size to 30 and homeland size to 60.... We are debating if we can help rush the pathfinding rewrite - or just half the number of units in battalions for now.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Ok we have feedback on the lag. Lag is caused by outdated pathfinding system. There is no solution until we rewrite the pathfinding - and this was only planned for November.

The only other thing we can do right now is to shrink each battalion size from 20 to 10, or limit army size to 30 and homeland size to 60.... We are debating if we can help rush the pathfinding rewrite - or just half the number of units in battalions for now.
Hmmm I'm not sure if this dragon freezing is path finding. I experience path finding lag all the time and in PvPs it usually takes quite a few clicks to get your units to move and stuff jumps around a lot. With the dragon freezing every other troop moves smoothly and the dragon just sits there for a much longer time then path finding lag from maxed out armies.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

UndeadSauron has a default reputation

hmmm i lost a dragon too (green), couldnt move him in time,, generaly there are 3 problems with it:
-when you click fireball and target.. it sometimes moves instead of fire'ing.. - if it doesnt register that skilll use i gues)
- when you try to fly it sometimes either doesnt register it or have w problem with "pathfinding"
- and finnaly i can confirm.. that dragons seems to be especialy laggy/unsersponsive compared to other units (in the same game)