Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How would you rate Dawn of Fantasy? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How would you rate Dawn of Fantasy?
1/5 9 12.86%
2/5 9 12.86%
3/5 14 20.00%
4/5 22 31.43%
5/5 16 22.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Don't let it go to your heads, but if it was a poll on what we rate the devs, we would all say five. Or six.

Like Sunleader said, you guys are the best. I'm not an expert on these things, but I don't think the CEOs of big game companies hang around their own forums much. But it's a good thing you and the staff do, Kon; it lets you get to know the community and what bugs and issues are driving them insane.

And even better, you guys fix 'em. And if you listen to the community in the future as much as you do now...well, it would make for one awsome game!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:40 AM

Ben Adeaphon Delat has a default reputation

Hi everyone,
I just started playing the game yesterday so I'm pretty much unaware of most of the game's content. Still, the couple of hours into the game were enough to make up my mind for a rating, and I gave the game (at its current state) a 3.

It's a really enjoyable game but it suffers heavily from bugs. I'm a little frustrated by the fact that you (the developers) did not take your time to try and correct certain issues beforehand. Why the rush to let the game hit the market if it needs another 3-6 months in order to be perfectly playable and fun? It being an MMO helps things a little (still, I have experience only with the single-player part of the game) as you can constantly add stuff and throw improvements in, I would only ask that you really take your time, as others have mentioned above. Don't rush things. I believe however that there is great potential in you and the game you created and you will find great support among the players, just relax
Mentioning all that makes me think that I want to escape from the office and sprint to my PC at home...
Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Thanks for the support.

In an ideal world, we would have delayed the release to fix more bugs and despite being virtually unpaid, the dev team were pushing for more time but the decision when to release the game wasn't ours to make.

All we can do now is work to fix the bugs as they're reported and with the help of our supportive player community we'll make this game as great as we all believe it can be.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Redkam09 has a default reputation

suprisingly a 5 for me mate,
1. you have fixed most bugs that make my game unplayable
2. you have responded to my posts when i had bugs, and a guild name
3. youve made a heck of a game, very few unbalences (so far)
4. I left stronghold 3 in a mood casue i was looking forward to it, i came online, and i felt that one bit better
Old 10-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the kind words. I have to agree - Stronghold 3 makes DoF look like a bug-free master-peace I`m a long time Stronghold fan myself and like so many others felt completely disappointed. Not sure WTH was Firefly thinking - Stronghold 3 budget is 5 times larger that DoF.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

To be honest i lost the attraction with stronghold 2, and stronghold 3 just didn't "Look" that fantastic and has had the same set of screenshots circulating for over a year now on websites, which normally leads me to worry why it wasn't getting advertised much, then suddenly released like 4 videos 2 or 3 days b4 release. Its not very good, im affraid, and graphicly, VERY poor, animation is its usual standards of low quality aswell, was a bit disapointed with it too. DOF is absolutely amazing in comparisson to it, and im HAPPY to fork out more money for a game like DOF which took the time to make sure EVERY single detial of the game is as good as they can possibley make it, it has bugs sure, but wow, stronghold 3 is just plain rubbish im affraid.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Hello:P finally posting again since closed betaxD Yeah i don't know how the game is right now altough its on my buy list for the year but i remember being able to log on one time in the closed beta and never again. I tried everything on the forum and even commented it so i found out that i would just quit and wait for release. Well its released so now i gotta test it again
Old 10-31-2011, 04:32 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalizon has fair reputation

Dude I love your signature!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Mine:O? I had a list of four thousand different sayings and i chose that onexD
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM

Mellmak has a default reputation

I enjoyed the few days i played this game. I like the concept. I quit playing because there was nothing holding me to it anymore. I built up my castle to max , got my armies to max , couple full armies all maxed lvls. At the time search function was bugged and it was too frustrating to play pvp and there was no siege pvp. Im reluctant to return as as someone said before game lacks general purpose. When i started playing this game i thought there will be people rulling some areas like in the browser games. Combat alone doesnt feel good enough as only reason to justify playing this game. Its way too fast and commands arent working properly sometimes which is freustrating when you combine the above 2. Trade makes all the economy differences among castles disappear. Recruiting makes all the units in the game the same as you just buy most powerful units you want cheaper then the cost of their producing. I hate to say it because so many people say this about every game but i guess i have to, this game has big potential but in the current state the gameplay part is lacking a lot. This is not a hate post, i love how close devs are with the community and i will be keeping eye on how things are changing.