Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How would you rate Dawn of Fantasy? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How would you rate Dawn of Fantasy?
1/5 9 12.86%
2/5 9 12.86%
3/5 14 20.00%
4/5 22 31.43%
5/5 16 22.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default How would you rate Dawn of Fantasy?

Guys,

We figured it was time to get a sense of how well we did - and how much work we have ahead of it. So please take a second to vote in this poll rating the game from 1 to 5.

Lets phrase the question like this:

"How would you rate Dawn of Fantasy, knowing that more features - PvP vs Town, Alliances e.t.c will be added and majority of bugs will be fixed by Early November"

Thanks for your time and votes.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:41 PM

ObscuredUSA has fair reputation

It's a fun video game, but there are way too many issues to rank it higher then that. It seems like once you fix an issue, another issue that you have fixed in the past resurfaces. I can imagine how annoying that is to you guys. For example, the issue where towns did not gather resources seems to have come back recently. I personally would rather have you wait before releasing new content. Focus 100% of your time on fixing these bugs and optimizing your game. PVP is too much of a mess at the moment to even think about adding in the PVP versus player towns. This game has some good potential, but all these problems is what is holding it back.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Laceretti has a default reputation

Assuming the bugs are worked out and such, I think the game has a ton of potential. From a bugs standpoint, the game is 3x more playable for me now than it was two weeks ago so keep up the good work!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation

4 out of 5

Although buggy I already had a lot of fun in this game. There are some cool aspects and some aspects that need work. This needed work and a few other things took one point.

Speaking strictly of potential it's a solid 5 out of 5. There are still a myriad possibilities.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

I gave it a 4.

3 for bugs and issues with towns. But gave it an extra one for the hard work from the staff and communication to the people here.

This game does have good potential. But keep coming across the same bugs, cities not growing properly, resources vanish, peasants stuck, and these are some major issues that need fixed.

But you said in November, once the bugs are fixed and features added to game. So i think 4 will do well here. I would like to see more maps, bigger maps, npc invasions, etc.

Game will be a good one with all the fixes and new content. I can see myself here year + down the road. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalizon has fair reputation

We shall see once my request on the other form is responded to
Old 10-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

I gave it a four.

Once the bugs are gone and new stuff is added, this game will be awesome.

At least, I hope it is-I waited 2 years for it to come out!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

I voted 4 out of 5 mate

Really love playing the game myself, Its fun once you get into it and learn how it works. I see a lot have voted it with a 4 which is a pretty nice result so far. Did not vote 5 becuase for me at least a few little things were missing, Its hard to explain these things but i will try incase your curious (See below). Games that i would rate 5 our of 5 have to be pretty near perfect in all aspects of their genre (Lets face it there are very few games that can manage to please everyone) and i would love this game to be a 5 star for me as i really enjoy it.

To try an stop me rambling on and on and confusing everyone i shall list what i would rate broken down into sections.

-Lore + Story 5/5 (This is my biggest interest in games, Im a lore geek!)
-Gameplay 4/5
-Graphics 4/5
-Patch support 5/5
-Developer Communication 5/5

Also want to say id rate the community we have here at a 5, The players that have gathered here to support Reverie is awesome. As for gameplay i gave it a 4 as it could have been a bit easier to manage large battles (selecting units and such). Also it could be a little easier on new players as the in game help didnt seem to help much. The community however have handled this by answering all the new players questions in game chat so its not that much of a problem. The learning curve is good and new players do soon get the hang of it.

I wont go in to graphics to much, needless to say as long as the game is fun im not to bothered about it.

Overall, I'd say great job with your frist game so far Reverie! the future is bright and the skies the limit, Im looking forward to the future and seeing what you guys come up with

Last edited by ThatguyAds1298 : 10-17-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

I'l go for 4 as well. The bugs that are in atm and balance drop the score,but after that's fixed and we will get the expansions+the features it will go to 5.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Went with a 2 from what I know about is planned, if I knew more it might be higher. Currently other then the chat box there is no MMO features since you only come into contact with someone else to kill them, nothing to set one player apart from the next player such as different town set ups or some way to customize troops, no end game goals or reason to work with other players unless its for a larger battle, not even given the chance to change your name you have to use your login name for all towns and races which is also a security risk.

For the RTS part it is lacking in many ways and I don't mean just the bugs. You are given no time to set up your army in rows or a possible ambush pre-battle, units die way to fast to enjoy the combat or even react to it such as trying to fill a grab in the lines or sending more troops to a weakened front line, no moral system, no reason to use light troops over heavy, no physics or collision type system.

I haven't given up on the game but in a month or two when all the bugs have been sorted out the game still is missing the most important part of a MMO content. After 50 or so quests for each race all that is left is rounding up some troops and go do some random pvp match or grind the AI for levels. RTS games like Total War have pretty much the same things this game has with online PvP but doesnt claim to be a MMO because a MMO needs the make up of different types of players and things to keep them active, interested, and online. MMO's gives a player a chance to pick some kind of role to play in its world something that gives you a sence value to your community such as being a good crafter or diplomat or even being a feared PvPer and thats what this game needs to be a MMO to me.

Flame away if you like but I think its important to give honest constructive criticism and if I'm wrong and they have great plans for content in the near future then I'm looking forward to it.