Two related bugs - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto
Default Two related bugs

So two things I find very annoying and I suspect are from the same code section.
Bug#1. When I send units over a wall using a ladder/siege tower they are unselectable when any part of the unit is using the siege ladder/tower. Now if they stop for some reason (happens almost every time) with any part of the unit on the ladder/tower the whole unit is unselectable and I have to wait until the ladder/tower is destroyed to move the unit again. Which leads me to bug #2.
Bug #2. The aggro radius of my troops in "aggressive mode" is PITIFUL. Typically when I send troops to attack I end up watching 4/16 troops attack the chosen unit while the rest of the unit stands around the targeted enemy unit and just hangs outs. I suggest either 50/75/90% increase of the area that troops will attack to when in the selected mode.

I've had these bugs come together in nasty ways during siege battles. I target an enemy unit inside the wall or attempt to run my troops to a location utilizing a siege ladder/tower. Now 2 or 3 men of any given unit get there first and start combat. The rest of the unit sometimes follows/sometimes just stops then. Now half the unit appears to be stuck on the siege gear making the unit unusable. So any troops that did follow the original 2 or 3 men to the area/targeted enemy stand there and get cut down because the unit is "frozen" by the siege gear and the aggro radius either is too small or broken all together PLZ FIX ASAP
Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 AM

SysOpPsyche has a default reputation

Thie Siege Ladder/Tower glitch isn't exclusive to that scenario. Its a 'Clipping'/User Interface focus glitch. Basically the Ladder/Towers & in some quests where the Interacteractable NPC is in some Clutter terrain, you can't click/select them because the Ladder/Tower/Clutter terrain is blocking/catching the mouse click.

the Aggressive stance is actually working, its just not working as you expect it, its working per unit member not overall unit, which means that if a few members of a unit attack the Unit won't attack , just the individual members, which is one among many issues with the AI code.

Attack-Move doesn't function as Attack-Move but rather an Attack Area, at least aggressive stance works during moving somewhat while using it, inconsistant and unpredictable. I've seen my Hero and Melee unit just cruise right by enemies and not attack, other times I'll see them stray way off course to pursue an animal(not enemy) that came close.

Also Moving [not Attack-Move] a Unit thats aggressive without attack-move disables the aggressive stance while its moving unless a member gets attacked at which point that member(not the Unit) will revert to aggressive stance idle behaviour and forget the movement order.

[edit: I think I may know what causing the most of the AI glitches, seems when a player gives a command the game converts it the command to an AI pathing/behaviour script without actually keeping a copy/map of the issued commands. Those scripts take a while to execute and can be interupted by other unit AI scripts interaction, when that occurs the AI script forgets what it was supposed to do because it can't reference the original command/script - ie. the recovery function after an AI interupt isn't working]

[edit: The clipping bug is probably due to the support built into the objects for use in the 'Editor' which needs hitboxes to interact with, seems when a command is being entered - the game isn't turning off the hitboxes[for mouse input] for all objects that really can't be used with the command being issued, Ie. clipped out because they are redundant in the currenct context/command mode.]

Last edited by SysOpPsyche : 10-16-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
So two things I find very annoying and I suspect are from the same code section.
Bug #2. The aggro radius of my troops in "aggressive mode" is PITIFUL. Typically when I send troops to attack I end up watching 4/16 troops attack the chosen unit while the rest of the unit stands around the targeted enemy unit and just hangs outs. I suggest either 50/75/90% increase of the area that troops will attack to when in the selected mode.

This one has got me killed in pvp several times. When i get rushed by troops it just hurts when only a handful of your troops fight and rest just stand around dancing and getting their heads chopped off ANd if you have all your archers, soldiers, calvary, or what ever selected at same time to attack-move some will just run to location and not all will actualy fight their way there.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Post #2.
On resieging makada with my elf town(previously used a human town/army) I can set the body piles on fire and have no problems attacking towers with bolt throwers. Possibly just a human army siege bug? I only found 1 gate gear i was unable to attack and my troops seemed to have no problems traversing destroyed walls. A much easier siege battle!

Last edited by GPS51 : 10-16-2011 at 12:52 PM.