Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Mounted Grandmasters overpowered - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
yeah about that I was wondering too.I never really saw it though,98% of the time I use trample to ravage everything.
Atm they dont "run throught" they treat M-GM as foot soldiers. and they "gobble" them up like their cookies.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

The game doesnt have any unit collision and this is the main problem with the game. How can you play with any kind of tatics when unit can ghost through others to get to there prime targets?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
The game doesnt have any unit collision and this is the main problem with the game. How can you play with any kind of tatics when unit can ghost through others to get to there prime targets?
um you can do that in rl too and it was seen in lord of the rings too. Although I do admit they should have a trample but lowered damage.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
um you can do that in rl too and it was seen in lord of the rings too. Although I do admit they should have a trample but lowered damage.
What was seen in Lord of the Rings isn't real life. A horse is not large enough to walk let alone run through hundreds of people. Can they ram into 3-4 people and send them flying? Sure but they will lose their momentum doing so and the horse will come to a stop jammed on the sides by people or tripping over bodys sending the rider flying. When we put this into game terms of units of 12-30 people rather then a few hundred we need the cav charge to do a good amount of damage on impact with a enemy not a 25 sec buff for 100% more damage not to mention them putting thier weapons down or letting go of the reins to grab a healing potion mid combat.

Cav should come in for a charge do some damage then pull out and regroup for another charge using their speed to ride around troop to get them from behind not endlessly ride through any many enemys as they want without slowing down and being as effective and a foot solider in combat while bouncing around steering a horse at high speeds.

Edit~ Just wanted to add a little something as long as we are talking about movies. You know how in a zombie movie they always get the biggest truck or bus and slap on steel plates over the windows to drive through the zombie horde to break free? A bus is ment to hold a good nomber of people and wieght and move a decent speed of 50-60 mph while a warhorse was covered in armor and carry a single person also with armor but the bus moves through the zombies at a snails speed due to the large amount of them and sometimes tips over but the flesh and bone horse wouldn't and can go as far and fast as it likes?

Last edited by Magicmud83 : 10-16-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
What was seen in Lord of the Rings isn't real life. A horse is not large enough to walk let alone run through hundreds of people. Can they ram into 3-4 people and send them flying? Sure but they will lose their momentum doing so and the horse will come to a stop jammed on the sides by people or tripping over bodys sending the rider flying. When we put this into game terms of units of 12-30 people rather then a few hundred we need the cav charge to do a good amount of damage on impact with a enemy not a 25 sec buff for 100% more damage not to mention them putting thier weapons down or letting go of the reins to grab a healing potion mid combat.

Cav should come in for a charge do some damage then pull out and regroup for another charge using their speed to ride around troop to get them from behind not endlessly ride through any many enemys as they want without slowing down and being as effective and a foot solider in combat while bouncing around steering a horse at high speeds.

Edit~ Just wanted to add a little something as long as we are talking about movies. You know how in a zombie movie they always get the biggest truck or bus and slap on steel plates over the windows to drive through the zombie horde to break free? A bus is ment to hold a good nomber of people and wieght and move a decent speed of 50-60 mph while a warhorse was covered in armor and carry a single person also with armor but the bus moves through the zombies at a snails speed due to the large amount of them and sometimes tips over but the flesh and bone horse wouldn't and can go as far and fast as it likes?
leaving that aside,it's why I'd say a damage reduction would be good.I'l trample with them,run back and trample and repeat
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

I still say this
Guys
Units are bugged beyond recognition
having healing rates of 90 points per tick
doing damages of 1500 with each swing

as long as the bug which keeps creating crazy units like that does exist
it is totally useless to talk about balance
since no matter how much the values are decreased
if the bug keeps adding em up again it wont change the unit in the slightest
Bugged Units kill each other Unit with One Hit
if they do so by doing 10 times the enemys health or just by doing 3 times the enemys health doesnt matter
but actually that would already mean that they are nerfed to 30% of their original strengh
means unless bugged they wont even kill a peasant anymore

I dont get people dont get this into their heads ....
Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 PM

Zanderscotx has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post
I still say this
Guys
Units are bugged beyond recognition
having healing rates of 90 points per tick
doing damages of 1500 with each swing

as long as the bug which keeps creating crazy units like that does exist
it is totally useless to talk about balance
since no matter how much the values are decreased
if the bug keeps adding em up again it wont change the unit in the slightest
Bugged Units kill each other Unit with One Hit
if they do so by doing 10 times the enemys health or just by doing 3 times the enemys health doesnt matter
but actually that would already mean that they are nerfed to 30% of their original strengh
means unless bugged they wont even kill a peasant anymore

I dont get people dont get this into their heads ....
What this guy said, right now any unit can me very op, I have on GM with 4k a swing and another one with 430 a swing both lvl 6, the avrg is 537 for the rest of my GM. I actually kinda like this bug it makes me feel like its real life some unit are more op and some are weaker than their sappose to be.

The guy who died from a all MGM army should have had pikes or somthing, my 2x Sentry stop the charge of 4 MGM, its called tackle, and u use it at the right time, they dismount and kill the calvary that charges, Iam sure Orc have somthing similiar ( only race I havnt played).

I call it the Reality bug:: I actually think this bug should be added to and a range should be set for each character some would be +15% than normal and some -15% with a range, it's not just rock, paper, scissors anymore its luck or the draw as well. Kinda like the real life some people are better than others and some are worse.

They just nerf elves GM and archers, and they dont need to nerf anymore, what is needed, is a revamp on the balance of all the races. I feel like a scramble of stat base system would make this game unique and a person would die if one of his or her units die which is unique =)
Old 10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanderscotx View Post
What this guy said, right now any unit can me very op, I have on GM with 4k a swing and another one with 430 a swing both lvl 6, the avrg is 537 for the rest of my GM. I actually kinda like this bug it makes me feel like its real life some unit are more op and some are weaker than their sappose to be.

The guy who died from a all MGM army should have had pikes or somthing, my 2x Sentry stop the charge of 4 MGM, its called tackle, and u use it at the right time, they dismount and kill the calvary that charges, Iam sure Orc have somthing similiar ( only race I havnt played).

I call it the Reality bug:: I actually think this bug should be added to and a range should be set for each character some would be +15% than normal and some -15% with a range, it's not just rock, paper, scissors anymore its luck or the draw as well. Kinda like the real life some people are better than others and some are worse.

They just nerf elves GM and archers, and they dont need to nerf anymore, what is needed, is a revamp on the balance of all the races. I feel like a scramble of stat base system would make this game unique and a person would die if one of his or her units die which is unique =)
no. bad,bad,bad. They should fix the bug and remove all units that are bugged.Then think about what's balanced and what not.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 PM

Zanderscotx has a default reputation

There is no such thing as balance in a pvp MMO, there alway the flavor of the month and this will be the cycle. This game is far off base from what people call a balance MMO.

Alll Iam proposing is not 4k GM , but to put to a stop to one unit army why not make the units more unique,.

Make 100 dif stats for archers around a balance x factor ( base stats) +, - 15% attack,def stats.
Maybe even allowing players to trade units in the future with in ones race.

You still have to find a good base stat but this would allow, a variable to rock, paper , scisssors what we have now. I know in the next years of this game there will alway be one unit more op than the other this is just a way to put a end to it. Now its luck.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Just remember folks that the current balance is NOT indicative of the balancing that is slated for dof and that the devs were gamers turned game creators and are not interested in having either a "cash cow" type game/shop or mindlessly throwing out patches to nerf the currently complained about unit. I'm hopeful they'll get it right sooner rather then later