You need to cool down a bit Safey.
Don't get me started on you as well.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXSol View Post
Back to topic guy's, fact is people are using army of the same Unit this isn't strategy at all.

They need to put a cap on how many of the same unit you can put into your army, this will force people to use different Unit's, and this also means people just cant max there army out with the strongest unit's. Cause if all we do is max our army out with 2-3 different units what's the point of even being able to make different troops.

So in long run if things stay the same E.g. Make a Stable and Archery Range and just build 2 same units over and over. Wont even need a barracks.
They really don't, a well balanced army with the right troops will always beat one that has 100% one kind of troop. I know it's a little shocking that strategy and planning play a big role in a strategy game.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

RedXSol has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
They really don't, a well balanced army with the right troops will always beat one that has 100% one kind of troop. I know it's a little shocking that strategy and planning play a big role in a strategy game.
Well I had nice and well balanced army, and it got rolled in around 10-15sec's by same unit army.

I can tell allot strategy and planning went into that. Click once on your target and watch them die now that's strategy.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

As I already repeatet a couple of times

simple reason for all of same kind armys being OP is simply that the Units tend to get Bugged over time

Damage and Healing can be Bugged and goes sky high over time
which is main reason for such Armys to become OP

Means that Cavalry and Ranged Units no matter how they are mixed and which unit it actually is
will become OP with time due to the Speed and Range which cant bugged

another factor which cant be bugged are Health and Armor
so of course the Heavy Armored Cavalry with lots of health
like Grandmasters and Knights will become even more overpowerd

still no match against Archers and Rangers
which can thanks to their range oneshot anyone once they get bugged

No point in discussing balance when theres hardly units which have the values which they should have in the first place
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXSol View Post
Well I had nice and well balanced army, and it got rolled in around 10-15sec's by same unit army.

I can tell allot strategy and planning went into that. Click once on your target and watch them die now that's strategy.
I said well balanced WITH THE RIGHT TROOPS. Which you obviously didn't have. Test out every troop like I have and see whats best in different situations against different enemies. You can't just grab a bunch of troops and jump in a battle no matter how balanced you think your army is.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:56 AM

satyrion has a default reputation

1.here should not me units cap, game should force players to make balanced armys and its not about Spear>Cavalry
Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 AM

Sorry but i coffed and press Enter before i finish So here i go again My opinion is that there should not be unit cap in armys, game should force player to make balanced armys and its not a matter of just rock>papper>scissors for a cav unit shouldn't be able to win even agaist Infantry, cav is all about (countering archers,mobility,tremple and flanking),for example an army of 10 cav units vs an army of 7/3(infantry/archers) shoudn't win as inf should be able to hold off Head on charges but should have high losses if they let em flank em but an army Of 2cav/3arch/5inf should be able to win both(execpt if u dont use properly the 2 units of cav) , now about the Spears, spears should serve as a faster way to deal with cavalry and not just hold them off like infantry So even 1 unit of spear with the protection of of 4inf units + 3 arch fireing+2 cav units backing up should be able to win against 10 cav with less losses because of the Spear unit(again if u let ur oponent flank u should still have increased losses) there much more to be added but i just give u the basic idea of Infantry Serving As the Tank(inf should be able to win against evrythink in melee but should be easy or harash with arch or flank with cav to wipe them), archers as the dps, cav having the mixed role as can inflict hevily looses when flanking but been less efective when attacking head on, and Spear having the role of defeating archers or cav(speararrow and cav) if u can't beat em with ur cav or u have other tactical plans for them.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyrion View Post
Sorry but i coffed and press Enter before i finish So here i go again My opinion is that there should not be unit cap in armys, game should force player to make balanced armys and its not a matter of just rock>papper>scissors for a cav unit shouldn't be able to win even agaist Infantry, cav is all about (countering archers,mobility,tremple and flanking),for example an army of 10 cav units vs an army of 7/3(infantry/archers) shoudn't win as inf should be able to hold off Head on charges but should have high losses if they let em flank em but an army Of 2cav/3arch/5inf should be able to win both(execpt if u dont use properly the 2 units of cav) , now about the Spears, spears should serve as a faster way to deal with cavalry and not just hold them off like infantry So even 1 unit of spear with the protection of of 4inf units + 3 arch fireing+2 cav units backing up should be able to win against 10 cav with less losses because of the Spear unit(again if u let ur oponent flank u should still have increased losses) there much more to be added but i just give u the basic idea of Infantry Serving As the Tank(inf should be able to win against evrythink in melee but should be easy or harash with arch or flank with cav to wipe them), archers as the dps, cav having the mixed role as can inflict hevily looses when flanking but been less efective when attacking head on, and Spear having the role of defeating archers or cav(speararrow and cav) if u can't beat em with ur cav or u have other tactical plans for them.
Ok satyrion next time please structure your text,It was super hard to read. 2nd, the assumptions don't work because there is nothing that says melee should kill everything.Else it because full melee armies. And 3rd, you need to understand as Sunleader said that some units are freaking bugged. If they bug,it can be cavalry,archer,melee or w/e and they will wipe the floor against unit.WHy?because they have huge damage and can 1 hit k.o other units. So before they fix the bugged units bug,complaining about balance is pointless since you won't know if that army has a few bugged squads or if it's that type of unit that's the problem
Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 AM

Ye sorry i was kinda in a hurry, anyways i wasn't complaining i was just expressing my opinion about how it should work, and about the full melee armies, i said that Infantry should be superior only melee but should be esily to harash with bowmen or flank em with cavalry(it prob wouldn't work with the healing ability so that's why i agree with taking it off)And yes you are right 1st thinks 1st, buggs should go off and then we can check other issues.