Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Just edited I ment mounted slayers.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

I dont use healing to often in pvp battles, but do like the feature in pve. Its a good way to level up certain troops by sending them in to kill and heal at same time to get max kills over other troops. Be nice to keep this feature but make it for pve only perhaps?

Or have monks, shamman, clerics you can hire/make. This way you can heal if you want, but will cost population/army space/points to do so. See many rts games with their own healing unit. Would workwell in this game i fee. You then would have to use strategy to kill them off quick and defend them from the enemy.

Also for elfs. The hide feature, should it be used in pvp? I just started playing elves, and tried out a pvp match. Guy said he could see me. I didnt know. Its this working as intended or a need to be fixed thing?

Whatever changes the devs decide to make, change, or get rid of, they have to make sure they replace, change things to make us have to use strategy. Strategy enhancing has to be top goal, not nerfing things down.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
Just edited I ment mounted slayers.
Mounted slayers got heal? oooo thats new. from my knowlege they only have "charge" but perhaps heal was added recently?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Might be new idk but when used just before they hit a unit you got a cav doing 200% damage one shoting all of your guys while healing 2000 damage over time so unless your also 1 shotting them and healing its over.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
Might be new idk but when used just before they hit a unit you got a cav doing 200% damage one shoting all of your guys while healing 2000 damage over time so unless your also 1 shotting them and healing its over.
before , or at least for the grandmasters,the heal used to be 2000 per formation. Now,I don't know if it works different or not.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

It might be different i've been testing them in pve and nothing can kill them with both charge and heal active. In PvP they stomped me without effort its just grab cav charge and click heal, 10secs later match over.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Yeah, i havnt fought enought to see how long meele vs meele is. but Mounted GM litterly gobbles up entire armeis before you even got a chance to react.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Its not just MGM orc beastriders do the same thing. Ran over a few poor fellow orc member to give them a try myself (hard to find non orcs for some reason) and even with the worst lag i've had had in this game causing my guys to run into a enemy npc town and get shot up for a min or two streamrolled right over them in seconds once I got the troops to do what I wanted.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

RedXSol has a default reputation

Limit the amount of SAME (E.g. Swordsmen) units to the size of there army.

E.g. 200-300 Point army, 3 area's Foot Units/Ranged Units/Mounted Units, 100 points per area.
When it comes to Siege and none combat Unit's also break that down into area's but not as much seen as they wont be effecting the battle as much.

The larger the army gets more points they can spend in a area. This way people aren't just using a army of Archer's or Horses.

Doing this means more tactics and strategies will come into the game people will have to control and think about placement micro-management allot more.

Once you add in this and then slowly balance out the units themselves, you will find battles to last longer and be more fun.

To me an army say Horses is just silly as really only way to counter it is army of pikemen, but who is going to run around with army just same unit due to fact PvP is random so the odds of facing an army of horses are slim.

So this is just my idea, to help balance the units and make PvP allot better.

Also sorry for bad English and grammar

Last edited by RedXSol : 10-16-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXSol View Post
Limit the amount of SAME (E.g. Swordsmen) units to the size of there army.

E.g. 200-300 Point army, 3 area's Foot Units/Ranged Units/Mounted Units, 100 points per area.
When it comes to Siege and none combat Unit's also break that down into area's but not as much seen as they wont be effecting the battle as much.

The larger the army gets more points they can spend in a area. This way people aren't just using a army of Archer's or Horses.

Doing this means more tactics and strategies will come into the game people will have to control and think about placement micro-management allot more.

Once you add in this and then slowly balance out the units themselves, you will find battles to last longer and be more fun.

To me an army say Horses is just silly as really only way to counter it is army of pikemen, but who is going to run around with army just same unit due to fact PvP is random so the odds of facing an army of horses are slim.

So this is just my idea, to help balance the units and make PvP allot better.

Also sorry for bad English and grammar
I actually think limiting the way you can structure your army as you are suggesting greatly decreases the amount of strategy and planning that goes into making an army. Everyone would just fill slot A with their strongest infantry, slot B with their strongest archers etc. I enjoy the way it is.