Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Balance And Strategy - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

actually I have to agree with Safey on this one.We all know orcs are still underpowered and now pikes can actually rape cavs. So complaining about mounted grandmaster is kinda pointless,every unit has a counter so everything can be killed by something else. Oh and mounted grandmaster do kill everything with their high damage but pikes WILL dominate them now.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
actually I have to agree with Safey on this one.We all know orcs are still underpowered and now pikes can actually rape cavs. So complaining about mounted grandmaster is kinda pointless,every unit has a counter so everything can be killed by something else. Oh and mounted grandmaster do kill everything with their high damage but pikes WILL dominate them now.
Actuallly they rape ogres too, which is suposed to be good vs heavy cav.

They Should be superior to their targeted unit. but atm its ridiclius. even with a counter. i had 6 units of slayers 4 units of goblin meele, 1 berserker 1 impaler unit(s), 7 marauders, 7 ogres (all units were level 5ish). and asoon the units came into range the battle lasted abit over 20 secounds. it wasnt even "resistance" dont worry thou i'll record it and post up a exemple.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I have a theory that when the "math part" of dof is finished being revised it will be much easier to play a balanced game and I've wondered if using melee gobos in attack move will be a good idea
Old 10-16-2011, 10:26 AM

karamot has fair reputation

personally i think orks are really underpowered now

meantime in race description they should be most powerful attacker, while human half,half and elves defenders

actually its not
ogres have great damage and splash, while havent skill, but its good same for me
i agree with all to remove autohealing spell (potion), totally waster of game imho, because if i have to choice btw berserk autohealer or a ogre army or a mounter army, i cant avoid use berserk, but in this way all player will never apply strategy, just produce all last troop and battlefield will be all same

time ago a human with cavalry army raped completely my ogre army, and to be clear
my score was over 400
he was 210
he farmed all my units in 5 secs, i did nothing, just shocked, and he got 30 crown....
i supposed i failed because i hadnt counter, so i got a impaler army.....useless, next time my impaler pratically did harakiri....
Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Defilus has a default reputation

I agree that the heal should go away, and I also agree that Impalers are useless. Even as a forest Orc those Impalers just drop dead the moment something touches them.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Archmage

I'm hoping to see the balance evened out over the next two weeks. The good news is that the devs will continue to balance the game and it's not like "we gave you guys one balance patch so gl". Keep putting ideas out to spur those devs on!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:38 AM

Jonr has a default reputation

I definitely agree that mounted grandmasters need to be nerfed, and I use fifteen units of them in my army. They are too good at hit and run attacks, and they can also kill pike units extremely fast. If you use the dash and heal ability, you can wipe out an army twice the size of yours with mounted grandmasters.

On a side note, I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but as of now you have to pay a town you are attacking off to leave. Isn't that a bit unrealistic? I lost thirty units to a payoff when my seige equipment died because of the enormity of the Denwall garrison (good job making cities stronger, exactly how they should be now).
Old 10-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Archmage

Ouch I had that but just built more siege gear from my assault camp when I was sieging makada last night.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Its funny I was talking about the same thing in chat yesterday and was making a post about it but didnt finish so was going to do it today. The heals should be removed from all but the hero units. Yesterday I ran some tests using non healing units and mixed armys vs all healing armys each of them were crushed with very little damage to the enemys. Mixed army vs Mounted slayers I placed my impalers up front with other melee behing them and archers behind them forming a wall, the slayers ran right into the front popping a potion and 100% charge at the same time which ripped my guy apart in seconds no loss for them. Full ogre army vs mounted slayers was the same deal but ogre took a few with them. My 50 unit goblin camp vs MGM and GM they ran up to the gates popped a potion and took the gates down like they were nothing then ran right past the melee into the archers eating all of them he had maye 10 units at start and lost maybe a couple of troops at most.

Would also be nice if charge could only be used as a charge, if the cav is already in combat or to close to a unit it cant use the ability it doesnt make sense they can click it whenever they please and gain 100% attack.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
Its funny I was talking about the same thing in chat yesterday and was making a post about it but didnt finish so was going to do it today. The heals should be removed from all but the hero units. Yesterday I ran some tests using non healing units and mixed armys vs all healing armys each of them were crushed with very little damage to the enemys. Mixed army vs Slayers I placed my impalers up front with other melee behing them and archers behind them forming a wall, the slayers ran right into the front popping a potion and 100% charge at the same time which ripped my guy apart in seconds no loss for them. Full ogre army vs slayers was the same deal but ogre took a few with them. My 50 unit goblin camp vs MGM and GM they ran up to the gates popped a potion and took the gates down like they were nothing then ran right past the melee into the archers eating all of them he had maye 10 units at start and lost maybe a couple of troops at most.

Would also be nice if charge could only be used as a charge, if the cav is already in combat or to close to a unit it cant use the ability it doesnt make sense they can click it whenever they please and gain 100% attack.
you mean berserkers. Slayers cant self heal, berserkers can.