Balance And Strategy - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation
Default Balance And Strategy

Was talking to Parg in game about this a little and was wondering if there will be any more balance changes added before town sieges are implemented? The Damage reduction etc is a great addition to the game and has helped. Though i hear some balance issues are still a problem at the moment.

Parg was telling me in game that his entire army was wiped out by a smaller group of mounted grand masters (i think thats what they called) earlier (even with the patch) an he has some concerns about that but he mentioned his english isnt as good so he let me post this on his behalf.

I would love to see a much more 'mixed' army set up encouraged in game also, Players can do what they like of course but strategy usually dies when balance issues interfere. What im saying is this : If players want to use all same unit armies then by all means they should be able too but there should be a very high risk involved in that they should have a big weakness. This is true for many units of course, but some of them seem to be a bit broken still.

I do have a rather quick solution to all this... and you REALLY wont like it..

Remove all 'healing' abilities from units, Excluding heroes.

Healing units tend to unbalance things even when matched against a unit they are supposed to be weak against, Just an idea but food for thought. I know Beserkers without their healing spell would be a bit worse for wear (Sorry my fellow orcs) so maybe they could get something to compensate for its loss.

On the subject of orcs.. The swarm tactic is for me is by far the best way to win but many units are not being used because they are inferior, Impalers for example i hardly see which is a real shame. Most orcs tend to just set fires on the battlefield to win which is a great tactic but orcs should not be forced to use this devious trick to win because their units are no match for the enemy.

Comments and concerns are welcome, So post your thoughts on what you'd like to see balanced so we can help the developers. I had to focus mainly on orcs as i dont play the other races at all so feel free to add your input on the other races units to.

Also i'd like to add this is not a whine or a rage thread, I myself am just offering my opinion and hoping others will add theirs too.

Last edited by ThatguyAds1298 : 10-16-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:07 AM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

healing abilites being removed on all units is a good idea but inside of getting rid of it altogether, having a very expensive healing unit that you can only have one of, heal a small amount of a single unit during combat and heal at a higher rate outside of combat might be something to look at
Old 10-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

removing healing is actually a good idea aside from heroes (makes hero's pretty powerful/study).

Just give berserkers, knights and those with smiliar abilites a replacement trait/ability that reasonable. it dosnt make sense that berserkers are the most study unit we have. they should be short lived killing machines in my opinion.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

If he lost to mounted GMs only he obviously didn't have a well rounded army which would include a pike wielding infantry because they dominate cav now. Things I believe seem to be quite nicely balanced at the moment EXCEPT for fire, wow it does way too much damage especially when it takes 20 clicks and another 10 seconds to move your units out of it.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:16 AM

Pargulan has a default reputation

i got some ogres, some warg-riders and some archers ( gobos and marauders ). And im not complaining about the fact that i lost, im complaining that i lost to "only mounted GMs" without killing some of them.

My Army got completely "raped" .. thats the only way to describe it.

Plus, it's not only the mounted GMs that are "unbalanced". Even dragons ( keep in mind the royal dragon costs 120 wealth ) are USELESS right now. I used to "ride over" enemy troops, today ( with the new patch ) .. for every single troop my dragon rides over he gets 100 dmg... which means if trying to kill archers ( 30 troops per squad ) the dragon gets 3000dmg instantly ... so u can hardly do that ... and since Dragons are "melee" i dont want them to stand back and shoot fireballs ( which by the way cause de-syncs in pvp ). PLUS Dragons also get heavy dmg by archers ( and elvish archers still are bugged ) or pikeneers ( or something alike ).

So currently a dragon ( 120 wealth ) loses to elvish archers ( 3 squads ) ... now how is that supposed to be balanced ?????

----
As for me, my english is not realy good, so i keep it simple.
I want my orcish mixed armies to - at least - stand a chance vs armies that consist of only one unit-type. And if i lose I expect some casualties on enemy side as well.

I want dragons to be a "thread" since they are realy expensive. right now they are - as i said - useless.

As for the healing-ability, its hard to deal with it but in my opinion this is not what makes mounted GM so OP. They got about 300% movement speed, can "ride over" troops, deal enormous amounts of damage AND can heal .. so its the combination of all these factors that makes them so powerfull. So i'd suggest to make it impossible to activated more than one ability at the same time. ( and yes, i would lower GMs damage as well ^^ )

Cheers
Pargulan
Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

I got the same as paug, my entire army was gobbled up with mounted grand masters before the fight had lasted 20 secounds ( Litterly, i've NEVER seen anytihng like it <.<) my poor ogres were the last to fall

Azgials Impaler army got raped too...<.< the suposedly counter.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Well I find dragons very effective in PvP actually and I use my royal one a lot. You guys must have a bad spear user then because the human one dominates. I suggest saving up some gold and going to buy the human ones from the furthest west human city on the map.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Well I find dragons very effective in PvP actually and I use my royal one a lot. You guys must have a bad spear user then because the human one dominates. I suggest saving up some gold and going to buy the human ones from the furthest west human city on the map.
Even without spear ,it shouldnt kill Our heavy units within 10 secounds. i mean it littlery gobbled up our armies. it wasnt "fighting" it was "butchering". while units should counter one another. they shouldnt finish eachother in 5 a battalion in less than 5 secounds.

edit: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...4459#post64459 " a related post"

Last edited by White935 : 10-16-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
Even without spear ,it shouldnt kill Our heavy units within 10 secounds. i mean it littlery gobbled up our armies. it wasnt "fighting" it was "butchering". while units should counter one another. they shouldnt finish eachother in 5 a battalion in less than 5 secounds.

edit: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...4459#post64459 " a related post"
Agreed but I do believe orcs are a little under powered at the moment and well if you know theres an effective counter out there why wouldn't you use it? The town that sells lvl 6 human spear guys is called Thorndale.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Agreed but I do believe orcs are a little under powered at the moment and well if you know theres an effective counter out there why wouldn't you use it? The town that sells lvl 6 human spear guys is called Thorndale.
yes.. and our armies have to reach thorndale first. its a very bad counter when its on the otherside of the map from us <.<