Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A really big pvp question... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
DoF Moderator

Gwydion has fair reputation
Default A really big pvp question...

So I read in the patch notes that even if you disconnect or fail to sync or something along those lines you STILL lose your units as if you were to pay off?

I mean I see the good you were trying to do... but take my example... I live at multiple houses to assist my family... one computer BARELY runs dof on low and big pvp fights usually crash the game, while my other good computer runs it just fine....

So can I now only play DoF from my good computer unless i want to have to pay off a chunk of my army each time the game crashes? If that's the case I doubt I will continue playing sadly... I don't mind losing in pvp at all... I would mind having to rebuild 1/4 of my army each time the game crashes however.... can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Ok if you out of sync there is no pay off as it is no ones fault that this has occured. The issue with disconnecting is that as soon as people started to lose they would just hit alt+f4 and close the game client which would say they disconnected and get off without any losses. This happened ALOT before the patch and it really was killing PvP. It is a must have fix so just make sure you carry enough resources when your PvPing to pay the opposition off if something goes wrong.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:49 PM
DoF Moderator

Gwydion has fair reputation

Thanks for the info safey.... but does anyone know if a simple crash = nothing or payoff?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Unfortunately there is no way around this - crash or disconnect (internet cut out e.t.c) = pay-out penalty. We might implement disconnect protection down the road though, waiting a minute or so for disconnected players - this should fix any instances where connection is at fault.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

franticdaz1 has a default reputation

Why should u get off free if ur playing on a comp that cuts out? I hate when people drop from my games so they should be penalized. What is to stop people pulling out internet cables to get out of a lose.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Well
But actually I would think this is right

I mean you must see the whole Picture

For you as you play the Game on a Computer that is not fit to play this game and causes bad lags in Battles which are pretty much the Idea of the Game

it might be annoying since you will regularily have so much lag that you get thrown out of the game

But now consider the other People

When you play with this Computers you will not only make the Battle Lag for the Other Players and thus annoy those players
but also they will fight you and eventually lose troops to you before the lag gets too extreme and you disconnect

Would you like it when someone dragged you into some lag fight, killed half of your Army during the Fight and then would just disconnect without giving a reward in form of a Payment to you ?

I for my part think that you should only play the game when you Computer is up to it
otherwise you will only be a nuisiance to other Players

I am sorry to sound a little hard here
but as I said theres always two sides to a story

and in this case making your side better would hurt the other side

Greetz
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post
Well
But actually I would think this is right

I mean you must see the whole Picture

For you as you play the Game on a Computer that is not fit to play this game and causes bad lags in Battles which are pretty much the Idea of the Game

it might be annoying since you will regularily have so much lag that you get thrown out of the game

But now consider the other People

When you play with this Computers you will not only make the Battle Lag for the Other Players and thus annoy those players
but also they will fight you and eventually lose troops to you before the lag gets too extreme and you disconnect

Would you like it when someone dragged you into some lag fight, killed half of your Army during the Fight and then would just disconnect without giving a reward in form of a Payment to you ?

I for my part think that you should only play the game when you Computer is up to it
otherwise you will only be a nuisiance to other Players

I am sorry to sound a little hard here
but as I said theres always two sides to a story

and in this case making your side better would hurt the other side

Greetz
I agree here.It might sounds harsh,but better to have a few people that face the consequences instead of most of the players because some noobs alt+f4 when they lose or they pull the plug.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

True...but that's really, really harsh. Personally, I think that some kind of "disconnect protection" is the way to do it.

Because, really, who doesn't have connection problems, ever? It may be rare for some people, and annoying common for others, but to have to pay a penalty just because the connection is lost...well, there'll be a whole lot of penalties.

But alt+f4ing when you're about to lose is just pathetic. I'd say it was childlike, but most kids are better than that!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Actually I would say
In Rare cases in which you actually get Disconnectet without being at fault in any way
you could say well bad luck
its not like you lose 3 weeks of work
you lose some troops or ressources
not a big issue in this Game

if some protection if enforced it should be something like the following and that at Maximum
anymore would only increase abuse

Well maybe one point would be to Auto Ping any Disconnectet Player
so the Server can check if theres really a problem with the Connection or if it is just the Player pressing Alt F4

Another Option might be to limit it
Connections rarely break down immediatly unless caused with intention
so if the Ping is going sky high before actual disconnection it might be working the way that the penalty is payed to the other person but not actually deductet from the one who got thrown out

Finally there would be the option to allow it on limited base
means you get 2 disconnection protection per day
in which case you wont actually pay the penalty even tough the other guy will receive a payment

Greetz
Old 10-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post
Actually I would say
In Rare cases in which you actually get Disconnectet without being at fault in any way
you could say well bad luck
its not like you lose 3 weeks of work
you lose some troops or ressources
not a big issue in this Game

if some protection if enforced it should be something like the following and that at Maximum
anymore would only increase abuse

Well maybe one point would be to Auto Ping any Disconnectet Player
so the Server can check if theres really a problem with the Connection or if it is just the Player pressing Alt F4

Another Option might be to limit it
Connections rarely break down immediatly unless caused with intention
so if the Ping is going sky high before actual disconnection it might be working the way that the penalty is payed to the other person but not actually deductet from the one who got thrown out

Finally there would be the option to allow it on limited base
means you get 2 disconnection protection per day
in which case you wont actually pay the penalty even tough the other guy will receive a payment

Greetz
i like the sound of that better