Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Saturday`s patch preivew. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Saturday`s patch preivew.

Since it looks like we`ll only patch on Saturday morning, I wanted to give you guys a preview of 1.0.7

1.0.7 will bring back heroes for these few who completely lost them, as well as make sure this never happens again. In addition we are fixing a major bug with units going missing - there might still be some other bug in there causing the same issues - but at least after this patch this will not happen as often.

In addition we are releasing a major solution that changes core way math works in the engine that might fix hundreds of issues. For example - ObscureUSA will finally be able to load his town, and this should fix a lot of random crashes. This might actually fix a very large number of other issues all over the board. The downside - this might temporarily decrease visual performance for a few days - as we work to optimize visual performance using the new core math. But we think the trade off is worth it.

In addition we are fixing various smaller issues - from Dwarven Rifleman weird hit-points to building and walls using correct texture during construction.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 10-14-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Defilus has a default reputation

Sounds good, hopefully it works.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I find that the dwarven bazookas just have...erm "character" right now
Old 10-14-2011, 01:12 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Updates - we are upping all Dwarves to 20 unit battalions, AND - major one - looks like we`ll finally work in the new balancing tonight, changing armour from - 30 points from the attack, to -30% from the attack value. Bye - bye all archer armies.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

sounds absolutely superb! with the new math calculations konst along with the others... its all going towards making this a better game..
Old 10-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Very nice, Looking forward to it a lot!
Old 10-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Ok guys - just wanted to give a quick warning - there is a small chance the patch will be delayed toward`s tomorrow morning. But as of now we are still hoping for midnight today. We`ll keep you posted.

In addition we are working on a way to bring back missing heroes just as they were - same level, same stats e.t.c
Old 10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
In addition we are working on a way to bring back missing heroes just as they were - same level, same stats e.t.c
Ok that would be amazing.. Good luck with that you guys. I think this patch wil be worth the wait so i dont really mind to much if its delayed myself, Just my opinion though i cant speak for everyone.

Ive lost my hero a couple of times so i know how much of a pain it is when its reset, Will be great news if you succeed in finding a way to bring them back!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

no probs on a delay, be interested to know when the game mechanic will be in where you can pay for "protection" from pvp for a couple days (or hours) however its going to be done with gold
Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 PM

ObscuredUSA has fair reputation

I know you are all busy, but is there an ETA on if you guys are going to make Royal Dragons respawn after 24 hours of being killed? Just wondering cause I heard you guys talk about that a while back.