Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation
Thumbs up Long overdue: Thank you

Hi everyone,

some people may think this strange but somehow to me something like this seemed apropriate.

It has been two weeks past release and even if there are still issues left I think it is about time for a heartfelt, general
"Thank you!"
to the whole staff. Thank you for your dedication and work over what I can only imagine to be two of the most stressful and long weeks.

(Somehow in my mind there always pops up this picture of an office space with small fires starting every few minutes and people running around, waving their arms in panic, while trying to put out every fire asap )

I hope you don't have to put up with it that much longer, and that there will be some more tranquil times at the company.

So people who are feeling similiar towards this and want to express it, drop a post here.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

RedXSol has a default reputation

Thank You....
Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 AM

Xantavious has a default reputation

Here here! Yes thank you all. This game has so much promise and what I believe a great team behind it to make it brilliant!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:07 AM

seankell2000 has a default reputation

Cheers guys!

Believe it or not, this is an indie game made from a collection of people all over the world. The global village i action thanks to the wonders of the internet. However, there is a base in Canada. Personally, I've never met any of the other members in person, only know them online. Hopefully, DoF will do well and we can move on from there becoming an established company.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 AM

karamot has fair reputation

seems i could be a troll

but this tongue licking ass is disgusting

thank you for what?
2 week passed since release game and game pratically havent changed

same bug from 2 week
town already stucked
pvp unstable
unit bugged
economy unbalanced
diplomacy dont work
etc etc

i really cant udnerstand this kneeling

i understand staff is giving max of their possibility, but.... lol
Old 10-14-2011, 10:05 AM

SysOpPsyche has a default reputation
Wink

Heck, I'd agree with the Congratulations. Though, it is a paid for product and making good on ones promises is a critical requirement for continued operation.

Neverless, Good job on Launch so far. Hard for an indie company and game is finally playable for the most part despite the existing glitches.

Don't suppose you'll be thinking of doing an expansion that adds a First Person play mode (like Mount & Blade - ewww but with a better input handler/control scheme) for players hero characters/units? basically a more traditional MMORPG gameplay mode interwoven with the RTS game that would be optional, after you get the main game working decently and the dang forum reply/post code ironed out [cursor issues with the forum reply/post frame BTW]
Old 10-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamot View Post
seems i could be a troll

but this tongue licking ass is disgusting

thank you for what?
2 week passed since release game and game pratically havent changed

same bug from 2 week
town already stucked
pvp unstable
unit bugged
economy unbalanced
diplomacy dont work
etc etc

i really cant udnerstand this kneeling

i understand staff is giving max of their possibility, but.... lol
Seems the WoW community is starting to move in.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation

karamot I'm sorry if this post somehow offended you but a few words:

a) if you do not feel like a little thanks is apropriate just don't post one here

b) I left out anything about release decisions and concrete problems of the game out for a reason, because from what I have seen until today is, that it has nothing to do with a lack of effort the staff is displaying right now to make things better.

c) It wasn't an attempt to get on someones "good side" (which would also be rather pointless) but I just felt if I had created something and it did not turn out perfect, it would make me sad to see some people badmouthing everything about it, while I was trying to fix it.

So from my personal point of view if a simple typed "Thanks" can brighten someones (probably really long) workday a bit - just to show that you know they're trying, why should I not do that.

If you think that is ***licking, I don't care. I just think there a times to criticise and times to encourage. And after two weeks of a lot of (mostly funded) critic there's no harm in a little of the latter.

Apologies for the wall of text
Nura
Old 10-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the kind words guys! Just the boost our team needed - tonight`s patch will rock!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Yeah, thanks. There are so many games in this world that suck, and so few that are actually fun for over a week. I think that with the devoted staff DOF has, it may end up as one of the truly "great" games.

Course, there are problems, mind you...but while other compaines might just leave the players to fend for themselves in a bug-invested world, you are trying to make the game as good as possible, even though it already is released.

So I don't think a small thank-you is a bad idea!