Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie's Next Game? Your Wishes! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

The basis for this game was Celtic myths. Because while fantasy may be full of myths (really, that's all it is), there isn't much Celtic stuff. Thought it would make a nice change.

But hey, those are better races than before, right?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
The basis for this game was Celtic myths. Because while fantasy may be full of myths (really, that's all it is), there isn't much Celtic stuff. Thought it would make a nice change.

But hey, those are better races than before, right?
I agree lol.If you love celtic mythology I suggest playing arthur roleplaying war game with all the expansions. great game with 2nd in production. But yea another game with celtic mythology would be good
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM

Kahotep has a default reputation

I don't have a fully-formed concept or outline for a game yet, but I do know one thing I'd really like to see in an RTS game.

I want to see a black African civilization as a playable faction. While black ciivilizations have appeared in some turn-based strategy games (e.g. Civilization), they're relatively rare in real-time strategy. In fact the only two RTSes I recall having black factions are Rise of Nations and the Empire Earth II expansion pack, both of which are years old now. If RTSes had a greater ethnic diversity of factions, then the fanbase will increase in breadth and diversity as well.

Some African civilizations that could be used more often in the RTS genre are Nubia, Ethiopia, Mali, Zimbabwe, and maybe some of the Swahili kingdoms. For that matter, even the more "tribal" African cultures like the Zulu or Maasai could make for interesting if unorthodox gameplay.

However, perhaps the black civilization I'd love to see in an RTS game the most is Egypt. A lot of people don't realize that the ancient Egyptians were mostly dark-skinned Africans (albeit not quite as dark as the Nubians to their south) who would qualify as "black" by American social standards. Nothing would make me happier than an ethnically accurate portrayal of ancient Egypt in an RTS game.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Yeah, Kahotep, that sounds good. Just about every fantasy game has some sort of medieval Europe thing going on; the only other human cultures are middle-eastern and occasional Chinese (there's Chinese stuff in Guild Wars, anyway). But very little African culture.

The African civilizations are always overlooked...it would be nice to have a game with them.

Maybe even fit them into DOF, somehow...?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Kahotep has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
Yeah, Kahotep, that sounds good. Just about every fantasy game has some sort of medieval Europe thing going on; the only other human cultures are middle-eastern and occasional Chinese (there's Chinese stuff in Guild Wars, anyway). But very little African culture.

The African civilizations are always overlooked...it would be nice to have a game with them.

Maybe even fit them into DOF, somehow...?
Pity I have no modding skills whatsoever (actually I do have a 3D-modeling program called Blender on my PC, but it almost certainly has a steep learning curve). The most I could do is concept art and outlines.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

RedXSol has a default reputation

Check out Zbrush its a really nice 3d modelling tool, but its just a stand alone tool.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:37 AM

BrandungsFels has fair reputation

I need some kind of remake for halflife 1 - not many players online anymore

seriously - a shooter without that attempt to even visualise the most minor piece of detail resulting in thousands of camping spots. And I need some quake1 engine movement to go with it

free cookies for the developer!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandungsFels View Post
I need some kind of remake for halflife 1 - not many players online anymore

seriously - a shooter without that attempt to even visualise the most minor piece of detail resulting in thousands of camping spots. And I need some quake1 engine movement to go with it

free cookies for the developer!
nah,shooters from a company making fantasy game wouldn't be as good.it just wouldn't be
Old 10-22-2011, 02:23 PM

arifel has a default reputation

I just want a MMORTS that has battles hosted by the publisher, as all MMORPGs are hosted by the publisher, as all MMOFPS are hosted by the publisher. Age of Empire Online relies on peer-to-peer connection, so does Dawn of Fantasy. They each allow less than 4 players per battle, contact with other players is limited to trading or a mere battle-matching system. Yet both are marketed as MMORTS. I'm looking forward to End of Nations, it looks like it would have to have publisher hosted servers when it has trailers of 30+ players battles.

Whatever you're designing, I hope it will be competitive to whatever actually happens to be the first MMORTS.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifel View Post
I just want a MMORTS that has battles hosted by the publisher, as all MMORPGs are hosted by the publisher, as all MMOFPS are hosted by the publisher. Age of Empire Online relies on peer-to-peer connection, so does Dawn of Fantasy. They each allow less than 4 players per battle, contact with other players is limited to trading or a mere battle-matching system. Yet both are marketed as MMORTS.
I don't think that would be too hard of a thing to put into DOF; if, in addition to regular PvP, there are occasionally battles hosted this way, it would make a nice change of pace. These battles could have more players, and could be filled with more stuff (NPCs and such). The battlefields could be more exotic, too, since it wouldn't just be in some random spot in the countryside like regular PvP (though that's good too).

These battles could be big deals; there could be regional ones, when any players in the area would be notified that a major battle will be occuring. There could also be tournaments open to all players, that might keep armies away from the homeland for a long time. These battles could have better rewards, too.

You know, this really isn't the right thread for this. I might make a new thread on suggestions.

But yeah, thanks arifel, for giving me this idea!