Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Patch # 1.0.6 - Preview for Wednesday - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 AM

ObscuredUSA has fair reputation

I'm also interested in what kind of performance optimization you guys are doing. Can you explain in detail what is being improved?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscuredUSA View Post
I'm also interested in what kind of performance optimization you guys are doing. Can you explain in detail what is being improved?
A more detailed explanation will come when they do the patch which should be soon! xD
Old 10-12-2011, 09:56 AM

I know, just looking for some extra detail exactly what is being improved in terms of performance. For example, are they trying to optimize their code to reduce the overheating issue on older graphics cards?

You know, stuff like that.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
I know, just looking for some extra detail exactly what is being improved in terms of performance. For example, are they trying to optimize their code to reduce the overheating issue on older graphics cards?

You know, stuff like that.
Ahhh ok. I had never really thought about the overheating before until I saw you guys discussing it the other day. Now I'm paranoid because my computer operates in a wooden box in a desk with little ventilation and no where else for me to put it. Might have to get out the saw... xD
Old 10-12-2011, 11:05 AM

SysOpPsyche has a default reputation

Anyone idea when the patch is supposed to be deployed today?

It'd be nice to play even single player modes at this point since I haven't been able to play much of any mode except Online Kingdom homecity play and the tutorial quests. BTW, I just purchased the game a few days ago (non-Beta Tester).

Question: Are there any Co-Op play modes in Online Kingdom?

I'm not a big (hardcore) PvPer and especially not a big RTS fan. This game is mainly something different, never played a MMO where you could build a city and use it as a playmap with other players [that sounded kind of cool to me].
Old 10-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysOpPsyche View Post
Question: Are there any Co-Op play modes in Online Kingdom?
No there isn't at this stage but in the very near future alliances will be implemented and you can PvP as a team other people in your alliance but you did say you weren't that into PvP... :P
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Have you found the source of the bug that is keeping me from logging into my town? Will it be fixed with this patch?
Yap, I`m playing a copy of your town on our test server right now All fixed.

Quote:
What about unit balance and counter system you said they be fix today would be nice
Looks like we might need couple more days with this - need to make sure it`s balanced better.

Quote:
Anyone idea when the patch is supposed to be deployed today
We are aiming to release this a bit earlier today - around 5pm EST. We`ll keep you posted.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Yap, I`m playing a copy of your town on our test server right now All fixed.

Looks like we might need couple more days with this - need to make sure it`s balanced better.

We are aiming to release this a bit earlier today - around 5pm EST. We`ll keep you posted.
Nice! Hopefully you don't find the treasure chest I hide in my town. It's full of goodies.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Awesome, thanks for the update mate. I think this is somewhere around 10pm my time more or less, if thats the case this means ill probably be up half the night playing Oh well! wouldnt be the first time dawn of fantasy has robbed me of my sleep! Such an addictive game!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Konstantin Fomenko, there has been a lot of concern from some people about overheating issues. Some of us chatted about it in another thread, but I figured I would bring it here since you replied to this one. I personally have noticed abnormal temperatures from my graphics cards. It really does make me uncomfortable when I see my graphics card pushed to extreme temperatures. Mainly because I don't have the money to afford a new card or PC. I assumed it was because I had an older PC. Then I realized that Dawn of Fantasy is the first game that ever pushed my cards this hard. However, then I started to see other people on these forums express their concerns about this as well. I mean, maybe it could be our computer, but this is the only game that it happens with, for me at least. I've played some heavy graphical intensive videos games with this PC. Now the highest I have seen those games push my card was maybe about 70C to 75C. Which isn't too bad considering the age of my card and the fact that my cards tend to run a little hotter then normal. (8800 GT are my cards) Dawn of Fantasy pushes my cards upwards to 90C to 93C. That is cutting it way too close to the limit on my card, which I do believe to be 100C. Especially for a game that isn't the top of the line in terms of graphics.

I just wanted to hear your take on this issue. Is it something you can improve on your end? I do remember Starcraft 2 had the same problem when it first launched. Blizzard stepped up and said it was their game and they fixed it. I believe their problem was that the FPS on their game wasn't being capped. So the higher your FPS went, the hotter your card got because it was working extra hard. I do hope this is something you guys can fix and I do hope you touch on this subject soon.