Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

1st impressions of pvp - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Uzik has a default reputation

I've also had an issue where sometimes my men simply don't attack anything. Doesn't matter what stance, whether I use attack move, or whether I outright click on an enemy to attack.

A game restart fixed it, but definitely would be a huge problem if it happened during PvP.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Cruzader has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
Had a similar thing happen with the elf grand masters.
Me too, it was totally one-sided. I lost everything, I don't think he lost a single unit. I can blame some of that on it only being my 3rd pvp, and I can blame some of it on the fact that I hadn't yet researched Veterancy for all my unit types. But still, it was way too one-sided for that to explain how useless my troops were. There is definitely a huge balance issue at the moment.

The funny thing is that the matchmaker said our army strengths only differed by 1 point. I think the calculation of army strength must be seriously flawed.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defilus View Post
I don't think the Slayers alone could have caused so much carnage, like the others said the Orc troops aren't very strong. However I might know what happened, did your opponents use Wargs? Small animals, not always easy to see, but they got an ability that deals damage to all enemies around them. stack a few of those Wargs and their ability can 1-shot everything around them. Wargs do not have a strength value which means that a lot of them can be put in low strength battles.

good lucking finding a PvP match with strength that high, lol.
I wanted to give that a try when I saw wargs roar also did damage but didnt get the chance. Would explain how he got eaten in a matter of seconds too if they were enough of them.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Uzik has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzader View Post
Me too, it was totally one-sided. I lost everything, I don't think he lost a single unit. I can blame some of that on it only being my 3rd pvp, and I can blame some of it on the fact that I hadn't yet researched Veterancy for all my unit types. But still, it was way too one-sided for that to explain how useless my troops were. There is definitely a huge balance issue at the moment.

The funny thing is that the matchmaker said our army strengths only differed by 1 point. I think the calculation of army strength must be seriously flawed.
I'm not sure if it takes level and upgrades into account as I had my n00b human army matched with a group of lvl 10 archers.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

You talk rubbish matey.....

A Full leveld and Upgraded Army
within 1 day ?
and killed in 5 secs by a melee rush ?

get real
I dont know what you smoked

either you are a troll or you have no idea what your talking about

Max lvl is 10 by the way
and Knights are extremly durable at lvl 10
usually they can take on ANY other Melee Unit
Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

I use an all human army, 12 knights, 12 archers, 12 mounted knights, 5 trebs, handful of peasants, 6 carts, and have destroyed almost every orc army ive seen. Do well versus other humans, just elves and their rangers/grandmasters cause difficulty. But i am learning to deal with them with feign retreats and charges.

But 5 seconds? no way your army died in 5 seconds.

I am working on a new build now but i like the all human army, works well enough.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Sbshearer has a default reputation
Default Sorry

I think i was the one who killed you with slayer army. I'm a desert orc with armor bonus to slayer armor. I used their special formation and their shield ability too. I think i had about 12-15 units.
I am not proud of it. I don't think i should have won. I tried a lot of combinations, but this works for me best. I don't like it anymore than you do. I think the game needs balance and lot more tactical slower-paced battles. But as some peaple have already said before me, Orks are bad for PVP right now. The slayer army is the only chance i have to earn inf. , because other mixed combinations didn't work for me and my questline stopped after the 4th quest because of a bug.
I hope balance is coming soon....
Old 10-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbshearer View Post
I think i was the one who killed you with slayer army. I'm a desert orc with armor bonus to slayer armor. I used their special formation and their shield ability too. I think i had about 12-15 units.
I am not proud of it. I don't think i should have won. I tried a lot of combinations, but this works for me best. I don't like it anymore than you do. I think the game needs balance and lot more tactical slower-paced battles. But as some peaple have already said before me, Orks are bad for PVP right now. The slayer army is the only chance i have to earn inf. , because other mixed combinations didn't work for me and my questline stopped after the 4th quest because of a bug.
I hope balance is coming soon....
Slayers tends to lose in combat <.< am amased you won only with them. i guess swarming the enemy might work. but usually when i do my assautls the slayers are the first to go. ((fully upgrades and yeah i use ability/formations)
Old 10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
Slayers tends to lose in combat <.< am amased you won only with them. i guess swarming the enemy might work. but usually when i do my assautls the slayers are the first to go. ((fully upgrades and yeah i use ability/formations)
Maybe we doing something wrong eh boss?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Sbshearer has a default reputation

A lot of them died, but i won 10 pvp battles without losing a single battalion.