Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Tuesdays Patch - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Yes took my old card that ran Shogun 2 on med without lag to 94c and toasted it.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM

ObscuredUSA has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
Yes took my old card that ran Shogun 2 on med without lag to 94c and toasted it.
Now that worries me. I don't have the money to replace my cards if they were to burn out from playing this game.

/facepalm
Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscuredUSA View Post
Good to see other people have overheating issues with this game. Well, not good because it's happening to people, good that I'm not the only one. This is the only game that I have seen push my cards upwards in the 90 degrees Celsius. Hell, even the Battlefield 3 beta didn't push my cards that hot and I ran that game on medium settings, while I run DoF on lowest settings possible.
i got heating issues aswell, but i run it on the highest setting. thought it goes up to 80-90 degrees (but thats "alright" but on the limit to "trouble" thought am only useing 37% og my fan power. its automated so if it tips over it'll go loud. which it has a times of prolong playing)).
its not a big issue (for me). but they might have to do some optimising.

Last edited by White935 : 10-11-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
i got heating issues aswell, but i run it on the highest setting. thought it goes up to 80-90 degrees (but thats "alright" but on the limit to "trouble" thought am only useing 37% og my fan power. its automated so if it tips over it'll go loud. which it has a times of prolong playing)).
its not a big issue (for me). but they might have to do some optimising.
Ok this has me a little worried now
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

You sure its 80-90 degree and not celsius? If its celsius then yes its a problem not only will it ruin your card but damage and overheat the rest of the computer. Since I got myself a new card it run at about 47c but its one of the best cards in it price range. My MB may have been damaged from the old card since it's at 50c while playing now.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM

ObscuredUSA has fair reputation

Quote:
You sure its 80-90 degree and not celsius? If its celsius then yes its a problem not only will it ruin your card but damage and overheat the rest of the computer. Since I got myself a new card it run at about 47c but its one of the best cards in it price range. My MB may have been damaged from the old card since it's at 50c while playing now.
I use a program called Speedfan to monitor the temperatures inside my computer. Idle it sits around 57C, under load playing games the highest it usually hits is about 68C or 70C. Playing DoF it pushes my card to about 88C to 92C. Granted my cards are old (bought the PC back 2008 ) I can still run most of the current games without any problems. Well, at least until I started playing this game. I read somewhere that my cards have a limit of 100C before it starts to cause problems, but 88C to 92C is cutting it way too close for comfort.

Last edited by ObscuredUSA : 10-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Use the same program was asking White because he said 80-90 degrees.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Defilus has a default reputation

I hope they manage to fix (most of) the bugs soon because I am getting freaking tired of it. I bought the game last saturday and it has been getting worse and worse by the day since then. I think it has to do with the player count, more and more new players joining in everyday seems to be causing great stress to the game. During primetime I can't even do a single pvp match.

Also this game is FAR from optimised, it's actually quite sad..
Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

The fact they keep calling every bug they fix or admit to being real "rare" only adds fuel to the fire. It's Tuesday afternoon here in the US and from what I understand they are based in the UK but no word on where our patch is. They already let the weekend after release slip by without a patch, its getting bad.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Defilus has a default reputation

Quote:
The fact they keep calling every bug they fix or admit to being real "rare" only adds fuel to the fire. It's Tuesday afternoon here in the US and from what I understand they are based in the UK but no word on where our patch is. They already let the weekend after release slip by without a patch, its getting bad.
They are based in Canada.

and yes, I don't think that saying that all those bugs are rare is the right thing to do. xD