Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

General Gameplay questions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 07:13 PM

daemian has a default reputation
Default General Gameplay questions

Well, I've spent a day or so with the game (started yesterday) and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far, despite some quirks. I have a few questions, and I'll probably have more, so I thought I'd start this thread and see if I could get some answers.

First off, is there a trick to getting the gates to stay closed? I just built a palisade wall and motte. The motte gates work as expected when I hit the toggle, but the outer wall gates stay open no matter what I do. Turning 'automatic gates' on or off doesn't make a difference.

I've been reading that there are bugs with peasants, so I assume that's what's causing this: My resource gathering is all over the map, I can't find any consistency there at all, from +2 to +29 with the same amount of peasants on a task. When I leave the city and come back, several of my workers will be 'idle' even though they're not, and resources seems to be disappearing. I'm at about 2/3 of my resource cap.

I received the quest 'defend thy homeland' a while ago. Nothing's happening, am I missing something?

And a simple one: what's the large number at the top of the box when I'm in the world map view and I click on my city? Right now it's 131.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll have some more.

Last edited by daemian : 10-09-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemian View Post
Well, I've spent a day or so with the game (started yesterday) and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far, despite some quirks. I have a few questions, and I'll probably have more, so I thought I'd start this thread and see if I could get some answers.

First off, is there a trick to getting the gates to stay closed? I just built a palisade wall and motte. The motte gates work as expected when I hit the toggle, but the outer wall gates stay open no matter what I do. Turning 'automatic gates' on or off doesn't make a difference.

I've been reading that there are bugs with peasants, so I assume that's what's causing this: My resource gathering is all over the map, I can't find any consistency there at all, from +2 to +29 with the same amount of peasants on a task. When I leave the city and come back, several of my workers will be 'idle' even though they're not, and resources seems to be disappearing. I'm at about 2/3 of my resource cap.

I received the quest 'defend thy homeland' a while ago. Nothing's happening, am I missing something?

And a simple one: what's the large number at the top of the box when I'm in the world map view and I click on my city? Right now it's 131.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll have some more.
- Gates/Gatehouses are quite buggy at the moment so that is probably whats causing your problem. I can't even walk through my gates at the moment cause they are bugged so bad xD.

- Well because the resource gathering rate is constantly being monitored and updated if in 30 seconds you have 20 peasants drop off resources and the in the next 30 seconds you only have 10 peasants drop off your output is going to read differently. 30 seconds is a little long as it updates every few seconds but you get the idea. Also peasants go idle alot trust me I am also a human but we just have to put up with it for now

- Defend thy homeland is the one about building walls I believe? It is also bugged as I have built my inner and outer wall and have not completed the quest.

- The large number is your army strength. It is used to match you to another person in a PvP of around the same strength.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the answers!

The other thing that's happening regarding resources - I keep getting a message that I don't have enough resources for an upgrade, or resources are full. Neither is true, so I'm guessing that's also a known issue? There's quite a bit to try and work around here.

By the way, defend thy home mission is asking me to build walls (I've built wooden ones), garrison an army (done) and create an alliance (not sure how to do that, I get 'server not connected' when I click the button).

Last edited by daemian : 10-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Thanks for the answers!

The other thing that's happening regarding resources - I keep getting a message that I don't have enough resources for an upgrade, or resources are full. Neither is true, so I'm guessing that's also a known issue? There's quite a bit to try and work around here.

By the way, defend thy home mission is asking me to build walls (I've built wooden ones), garrison an army (done) and create an alliance (not sure how to do that, I get 'server not connected' when I click the button).
Not sure about the not having enough resources issue as it hasn't happened to me before. Only thing I can think is that maybe you don't have enough crowns (influence) to upgrade? Otherwise it is likely bugged, if exiting the game and logging back on doesn't fix it just do a bug report.

Yeah walls quest is bugged. I definately completed the garrison army one so I don't think that one is bugged. To garrison an army create one then position it over your city and click the garrison button. Alliances won't be in for about a week so don't worry about that one just yet!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Not sure about the not having enough resources issue as it hasn't happened to me before. Only thing I can think is that maybe you don't have enough crowns (influence) to upgrade? Otherwise it is likely bugged, if exiting the game and logging back on doesn't fix it just do a bug report.
Yeah, it might be a bug. It says I need 2 crowns to buy the upgrade, but as far as I can tell I have 6 so I'm not sure.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Yeah, it might be a bug. It says I need 2 crowns to buy the upgrade, but as far as I can tell I have 6 so I'm not sure.
Look REALLY close because 0 really does look like a 6 when looking at the crowns.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Look REALLY close because 0 really does look like a 6 when looking at the crowns.
Ah, OK, I'll keep that in mind.

I decided to start my city over now that I have a hang of the game, and I noticed one very interesting thing: On one of my mines I had 4 peasants, but it only ever said 3 no matter what I did. Every time I went to the world map, I'd come back and they'd be wandering around in the middle of nowhere, listed as idle.

After watching them for a while, it turns out they were trying to get back to one of their group who had wandered off the map and got stuck behind a tree. I guess they just couldn't leave a man behind. They would seem to be working if I set them back to the mine, but their work was not being counted, and as soon as the city reloaded, they'd be off wandering again. This is annoying because I think it still depletes the mine even though you don't get the resources.

I solved this by creating an army and adding that group to it, to get the lost peasant unstuck. Now all my peasants seem to be working properly. Hope that helps somebody.

edit: never mind, I fixed that group but the other peasants are still acting stupid.

Now, if only I can figure out why my archers won't attack 50% of the time when I give my army an attack order.

Last edited by daemian : 10-10-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM

Default Battle Formations and Stance

Hi again all, this one could be a topic all its own. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for making this work better, or if these are just more features that aren't working correctly yet?

1. First question, I touched on above, battle stances.

Stand Ground doesn't seem to always work. When it does work, coupled with Shield Wall, it's amazing. I find my front line soldiers will slowly wander out of formation and creep toward the enemy until they're spread out uselessly, while the rest do nothing. This tends to make one unit vulnerable and then I have to send in the other units to save them, destroying any organized setup I may have had.

The Aggressive stance has similar issues. Some soldiers will stand and do nothing even when surrounded by the enemy. Selecting the whole army and issuing a move-attack order often leaves one or two units left behind doing nothing. They then have to be moved manually but will stop attacking upon arriving at their destination. If an individual unit selected for attack is dead by the time they get there, they stop attacking. This occasionally happens with a general 'move' order as well, when one or two battalions don't respond if selected as part of a group. And so on.

2. The second question is regarding battle formations:

The first two attached screenshots show what happens when I select the battle and line formations respectively. As you can see, the soldiers are all facing different directions and don't appear to be in any organized formation whatsoever. For the line formation, sometimes they'll stand 2 wide and 10 deep, other times 10 wide and 2 deep, but I can't seem to choose which one they use.

Now if I march them back and forth repeatedly most of them will eventually face the same direction, but that's not feasible in an actual fight, and it tends to make them really spread out. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I find these formations pretty much useless in any 'real-time' situation.

The third shot shows the default formation, still haphazard but I find it more manageable. I'm really regretting spending over 1000 gold for the first two, when the basic formation was actually better. Any insight would help, thanks! I'd love to see screenshots of other people's setups.

Last edited by daemian : 10-11-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 AM

Cruzader has a default reputation

Quote:
When I leave the city and come back, several of my workers will be 'idle' even though they're not, and resources seems to be disappearing. I'm at about 2/3 of my resource cap.
This happens to me constantly...it is always reporting that a unit is idle when they are happily working. Sometimes it is accurate when it says I have an idle unit, but most of the time it's wrong.

I wish that it would highlight units on the minimap to find them easier. When it says I have an idle peasant, I click at the top left to select all idle units but then I have to scroll around the entire map to make sure I've fixed them all (if they really need fixing).
Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

I also those problems with my villager inactive.
Human resources, I think is not working well.
The same with the army.
It is very difficult to organize well.
I also believe that some skills do not work,
the prayer of the knights, does not restore the lives of nearby units
human hero, it does not restore the lives of nearby units, when using the skill.