Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

The ork suggestion thread - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Goblin Dmg and Numbers are fine actually. 90x30 is superior to quite a few. but their quite to squishy to be used in such as per say sieges.

Note these are my personal beliefs, you may just be as right as me <.< i just believe this over that <.<.

Our real issues (in my belief) is that our main units are to weak.

Or main figther "Slayer" appears to be beaten at every oppertunity, and cant match up to other races. likewise with impailer, (super low dmg). the Wargs riders also have been reported to be rather quishy and usually is half dead by the time it does a single charge throught the enemy lines.

Also Theres No upgrade for Mounted Troops (wargs rider) OR berserkers (cannot find any upgrades for our berserkers)
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

I actually prefer the raiders if im forced to use them, get an army of them and just charge head on, this with evasion isnt as bad as i first thought tbh.

But they could still use some new tricks i think, just for survival.

An yes we need beserker upgrades etc!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:46 AM

Magicus has a default reputation

Although I don't play I'd like to offer a suggestion. More orcish units should be allowed on the battlefield than other. Not sure if there's a cap atm but if there isn't orcish units should be cheaper so one can recruit faster. Simple solutions often are often best.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
Although I don't play I'd like to offer a suggestion. More orcish units should be allowed on the battlefield than other. Not sure if there's a cap atm but if there isn't orcish units should be cheaper so one can recruit faster. Simple solutions often are often best.
while yes. More units would make up for the "weaker" units.
but you could as simply as just increase the Unit numbers and experiment than actually go throught the cap

for instance try to make Slayers 25/25 if still weak 26/26 if they still preform bad 27/27 ect.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:13 AM

SysOpPsyche has a default reputation

The issues I've seen with units playing as an Orc (which is all I've played at this time) is:

Goblins Spawn Bug (I actually destroyed all my Goblin Tents to prevent it because I was Getting about 11 Raider spawns every time I did a mission - yeah I had that many tents). The tents add more resource capacity to the city than the Hut. Also, for cheap expendable units they are good as all my other units except Ogres require upgrading other unit types all of which come from the laborer/marauders that spawn from main hall/keep or need to be purchased as mercs.

It would be nice if Huts (regular) added a bit more resource capacity and could spawn Laborer/Marauders. Presently, all Orc spawn building require a lesser units to spawn a unit, causing the Main Hold spawn rate to gate spawn rates for all the Orc spawning buildings.

Wargs need to move a lot faster (they are as slow as my Siege units). They need to be levelable - presently they are not, I purchased some level 4 Wargs and couldn't level them. The fatten commands should be in a sub-menu not the main unit menu.

Goblin Upgrade glitch - I swear the Health on my Goblins went Down (144 before, 140 now) after getting the goblin upgrade that boosts Goblin stats (health, Speed, Accuracy).

Goblins - Adding a Wolfrider or Warg rider goblin cav unit would be nice - maybe a mounted archer but that may be too powerful. Stealth if possible should probably replace Evasion since it seems to accomplish the same thing.

Presently, due mainly to the bugs, Goblins and Ogres are more prevalant in my armies than Orcs due to difficulty creating Orc units and my Cities pop being capped at 90 regardless of how many huts/tents I have (I have yet to upgrade to Wooden Halls-Fortress yet - only have palisades due to issues with quests and OOS with PvP matches and inability til recently to level units without sieging cities by viewing and slaughtering/farming on the World Map).

Can't really say anything else about the Orc units because I've so little experience and opportunity to use them. Would be nice if the Hero unit could be customised/altered (ie. changed to a mounted unit/Pike/Ranged etc. type in the Player city without losing his level).

Though, the bugs and glitches with the UI - commands working and such take greater priority.