Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

All Archers Armies - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 AM

redindus has a default reputation

Well having armored unit formations moving in like Spartans or Roman Shield Walls slowly then have Cavarly flank them around the corner. Gotta remember who ever control the high ground, the archers are deadly.

Not sure if there is smoke or anything that can reduce their line of sight, this can be another tricks to shoot at something that not actually there.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Hm I do agree archers need a nerf.I already had the issue with going full cav which is supposed to be powerful against full archers and as surprising as it seems,it ended up with me losing that match in a few seconds .It's what was annoying since cavs are supposed to be good against archers yet when archers got the hit on my cavs it was basically a k.o
Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 AM

redindus has a default reputation

Well becareful for pikemen or long speared units, they can kill calavary easy. Most archers shouldnt be able to kill heavy armored units, would need armor piercing like heavy crossbows, etcs. Longbows can take out soft targets, but for armorer units would be pretty difficult to take out in distance. Shortbows are meant to take out soft targets in very close ranges, shouldnt be able to take out armored units. Unless there headshot through the eye holes, that would be lucky shot.

Now im not sure about magics, if there is arcane archers, that can hurt armorer units. Imagine Lightning arrows hit armored units, it would hurt really bad, cuz lightning fly and fizzled all over the metal plates and a chance to paralized the unit.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Guys
I had an all Archer Army
and lost big Time vs balanced Army of Cavalry and Crossbows with other stuff around

Dont get this wrong
Problem is not the Unit Archer
its the Currently Bugged Lvl system

Right now Units which survive many Battles for example Quests
get bugged
they gain Damage stats of 1000 damage points per Arrow
which is then killing off Cavalry and anything else in no time

I for example Elven Ranger and Human Archers which do 700 and more with each Arrow
of course if you have a full army of those they will get unbeatable since nobody can get close

My Swordsmen who are bugged as well also do 700 with each hit
but theres no way to Bug the Health so thanks to that the Unit with highest Range which is currently Human and Elven Archers will always be the strongest

But thats not a Balancing problem
Its a Bug
since those are never the True Values of those Units
and since only damage heal usw gets bugged
you cant beat em even when having heavy bugged cavalry since those die before they can start to onehit them

So maybe stop thinking about Nerfs on Units
and better think about how to Fix this annoying Bug which keeps giving Units bugged Damage Counts

You want to know my Strongest Elven Ranger squad ?

Its got 92000 damage as Squad
your free to calculate how much damage each of em does

Greetz Sun
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 AM

Vish_Virtus has a default reputation

Nerf there Health as they wear no armour. And there Accuracy should be lowered when they are being rushed. they should be good if they are standing still. Crossbows do wear armor not sure about them.

A all arrow army is truely the best.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Archers dont need a nerf. They work as intended. Archers are bad ass, simple as that. Look at our history in real life. Some of the largest battles were won by veteran archers against far superior armies.

Take the hundred year war for example. English outnumbered 10:1 one by the french, lost huge. It crippled the french army.

•1346 Battle of Crécy August 26. English longbowmen soundly defeat French cavalry at Abbeville. Details: Crécy was one of history's most decisive battles. After the battle of Sluys, Edward III landed in Normandy in July 1346 with about 10,000 men. The French pursued. Edward III decided to halt near Crecy in Normandy and to prepare for battle the next day. However, the French vanguard made contact and started to attack without the benefit of a
plan. The French made as many as 15 attacks and the English checked each one in turn mainly because of the English longbowmen. At the end, the French were decimated and the English had a decisive victory.

"This battle established the military supremacy of the English / Welsh longbow over the French combination of crossbow and armoured knights (due to the yeoman archer's significantly greater rate of fire and range than that of the contemporary crossbow) and altered significantly the way in which war was conducted for a considerable period of time thereafter"

But the fact these people use nothing but grand masters and crush everything in their path do need looked at. Like the guy talking about 2 units destroying 6 units for example. There is a good bit of unbalance in this game, but nerfing archers is not the siolution.

Armor piercing should be a tech that has to be researched and should be costly. But to take away range or accuracy will only gimp the archer. And to take away the damage, and allow other powerful units not to take a nerf is unjust. Crossbow army behind walls will hurt a good bit as well, want to nerf them? Swordmen have shields to march into battle. I take little loss this way. Mounted units should flank the enemy not charge the front line. Keep their archer busy with fodder as you calvary circle around and destroy them. As it was done long ago.

But nothing worse than having an army of grand masters do a frontal assualt versus knights and spearmen and still rape my army. Even with archers firing at them.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
Archers dont need a nerf. They work as intended. Archers are bad ass, simple as that. Look at our history in real life. Some of the largest battles were won by veteran archers against far superior armies.

Take the hundred year war for example. English outnumbered 10:1 one by the french, lost huge. It crippled the french army.

•1346 Battle of Crécy August 26. English longbowmen soundly defeat French cavalry at Abbeville. Details: Crécy was one of history's most decisive battles. After the battle of Sluys, Edward III landed in Normandy in July 1346 with about 10,000 men. The French pursued. Edward III decided to halt near Crecy in Normandy and to prepare for battle the next day. However, the French vanguard made contact and started to attack without the benefit of a
plan. The French made as many as 15 attacks and the English checked each one in turn mainly because of the English longbowmen. At the end, the French were decimated and the English had a decisive victory.

"This battle established the military supremacy of the English / Welsh longbow over the French combination of crossbow and armoured knights (due to the yeoman archer's significantly greater rate of fire and range than that of the contemporary crossbow) and altered significantly the way in which war was conducted for a considerable period of time thereafter"

But the fact these people use nothing but grand masters and crush everything in their path do need looked at. Like the guy talking about 2 units destroying 6 units for example. There is a good bit of unbalance in this game, but nerfing archers is not the siolution.

Armor piercing should be a tech that has to be researched and should be costly. But to take away range or accuracy will only gimp the archer. And to take away the damage, and allow other powerful units not to take a nerf is unjust. Crossbow army behind walls will hurt a good bit as well, want to nerf them? Swordmen have shields to march into battle. I take little loss this way. Mounted units should flank the enemy not charge the front line. Keep their archer busy with fodder as you calvary circle around and destroy them. As it was done long ago.

But nothing worse than having an army of grand masters do a frontal assualt versus knights and spearmen and still rape my army. Even with archers firing at them.
Archers shouldnt be overpowering. Archers should be useful, deadly yes. but only in a matter of support. Archers should never be able to hold off a frontal assault by themselves. yes Archery was the most powerful weapon in the medival age, even in japan. but we got a fantasy game here ;=) so we can bend the reality a little to make it entertaining noh? i personally dont think archers are that overpowerful, mayby a little but not much, and archers gotta remain useful after all.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Vish_Virtus has a default reputation

well, all I know is, I will roll with 100% archers and I will never loose. Good luck all as buddy doesnt think there is a problem lolol.

No point having knights cause they will never get in 2" on my screen to my army, If I fight 5 Mounted Knights they will kill maybe 20% of 2 armies, My archers are hitting 500+/ arrow lol.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
Archers shouldnt be overpowering. Archers should be useful, deadly yes. but only in a matter of support. Archers should never be able to hold off a frontal assault by themselves. yes Archery was the most powerful weapon in the medival age, even in japan. but we got a fantasy game here ;=) so we can bend the reality a little to make it entertaining noh? i personally dont think archers are that overpowerful, mayby a little but not much, and archers gotta remain useful after all.
THis i agree with, but usualy when things get nerfed they go a little overboard. I personaly use a mixed army so not defending the all archer army. Perhaps they can just add a limit on how many archers/calvary you can have per army and make it more a up close and personal sword/mace fight? Wouldnt that solve many issues?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
THis i agree with, but usualy when things get nerfed they go a little overboard. I personaly use a mixed army so not defending the all archer army. Perhaps they can just add a limit on how many archers/calvary you can have per army and make it more a up close and personal sword/mace fight? Wouldnt that solve many issues?
hmm. personally i dont like the idea of limiting the slots. i'd rather just carefully balance it the old fashion way, the dev's play the game themselves ( well not right now, their patching like madmen refuled thats running on coffee). so they'll be able to know what its like do. well i got faith nonetheless how the dev's decide to solve it, it'll be good.