Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

All Archers Armies - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Eightball Eightball is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
Eightball has a default reputation
Default

I'm not saying archers need a nerf, maybe certain units just need a buff vs them.

This is how a battle goes vs an archer army -

Your melee units stand around doing nothing, barely hitting, maybe 10% of your melee units are actually doing anything.

100% of your opponents army, is hitting you, all at the same time, with horrendous damage. Most of your units will be dead before they even get in melee range. The rest will not last 30 seconds, I guarantee it.

If you say otherwise, then you were up against lvl 1 archers or something, not a properly built army. Try it, make a 400 odd strength army, balance it, mix the units, and walk around until you get in a fight with an archer army. See how you fare. Badly. The only thing in your army that will do any dmg to them, will be your own archers, however, since they will have 10x more archers than you, you will fail.

Sadly, thats how it goes atm. It doesn't help that crossbowmen and possibly other archers are getting bugged out and getting 1500 dmg with 40 regen.

The balance in this game atm is a joke, I really hope that tuesdays patch will help this, but I really doubt it. Part of the skewed balance is that melee units just DO NOT perform as they should. They do not 'surround' automatically and try to spread out looking for gaps to hit units. They will just stand around like ******s. The attack move command (toggle, seriously, why is it a toggle?) is broken to hell, your units will not respond as they should. Half the squad will fight, the other half will hang back beside your archers, assuming they have actually survived that long, because 1 volley of archer fire from an archer army, will kill 1/4 of your men outright. The same goes for Cavalry, seriously, your Cavalry will likely die before they can even make any kind of impact whatsoever against archers. It is a joke.

Everyone is using archer armies to attack now, if you haven't come across one yet, you will, then you will hate them as much as me.

Balance in this game is just a joke tbh. This company should be glad nobody has reviewed this game yet or even realised it has released, because if it starts to get reviewed, I guarantee you most of them will be 1/10 scores, between the skewed balance and plethora of bugs. Nothing in this game works, some people can't even log into their towns, most of the towns are bugged, the Orc race is totally screwed, gates are bugged, walls are bugged, attack commands are bugged, melee units are bugged, archers are OP, PVP barely works at all, nothing works. Oh, and to top it all off, on Tuesday, people are going to start attacking your town too. Watch those archer and trebuchet armies devastate your town if you don't have the same to counter it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:14 AM
macamus macamus is offline
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 131
macamus has a default reputation
Default

Haha I gotta giggle

All archer armies are extremely easy to beat. You just have to use your units abilities and play it wisely after all its a strategy game right? But with a well rounded army (as an elf) its really really easy to destroy the human pure xbow/archer armies. I met a couple pure archer/xbow armies level 8+ and majority of my units was 6-8


I gained 300+ wealth yesterday from PvPing alot and only lost 1 fight because my mounted rangers didnt shoot for some reason. So saying that all archer armies are going around and killing everything is NOT true.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:14 AM
axal011 axal011 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 209
axal011 has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
I'm not saying archers need a nerf, maybe certain units just need a buff vs them.

This is how a battle goes vs an archer army -

Your melee units stand around doing nothing, barely hitting, maybe 10% of your melee units are actually doing anything.

100% of your opponents army, is hitting you, all at the same time, with horrendous damage. Most of your units will be dead before they even get in melee range. The rest will not last 30 seconds, I guarantee it.

If you say otherwise, then you were up against lvl 1 archers or something, not a properly built army. Try it, make a 400 odd strength army, balance it, mix the units, and walk around until you get in a fight with an archer army. See how you fare. Badly. The only thing in your army that will do any dmg to them, will be your own archers, however, since they will have 10x more archers than you, you will fail.

Sadly, thats how it goes atm. It doesn't help that crossbowmen and possibly other archers are getting bugged out and getting 1500 dmg with 40 regen.

The balance in this game atm is a joke, I really hope that tuesdays patch will help this, but I really doubt it. Part of the skewed balance is that melee units just DO NOT perform as they should. They do not 'surround' automatically and try to spread out looking for gaps to hit units. They will just stand around like ******s. The attack move command (toggle, seriously, why is it a toggle?) is broken to hell, your units will not respond as they should. Half the squad will fight, the other half will hang back beside your archers, assuming they have actually survived that long, because 1 volley of archer fire from an archer army, will kill 1/4 of your men outright. The same goes for Cavalry, seriously, your Cavalry will likely die before they can even make any kind of impact whatsoever against archers. It is a joke.

Everyone is using archer armies to attack now, if you haven't come across one yet, you will, then you will hate them as much as me.

Balance in this game is just a joke tbh. This company should be glad nobody has reviewed this game yet or even realised it has released, because if it starts to get reviewed, I guarantee you most of them will be 1/10 scores, between the skewed balance and plethora of bugs. Nothing in this game works, some people can't even log into their towns, most of the towns are bugged, the Orc race is totally screwed, gates are bugged, walls are bugged, attack commands are bugged, melee units are bugged, archers are OP, PVP barely works at all, nothing works. Oh, and to top it all off, on Tuesday, people are going to start attacking your town too. Watch those archer and trebuchet armies devastate your town if you don't have the same to counter it.

Can't disagree with that being said. Though Ive not come across an all archer army.. Mostly Calvery armies. and to put this to a note as well, Calvery are OP as archers would be.. I had 40 knights and this guy maybe had 15 groups of calvery, and slaughtered my knights with no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Eightball Eightball is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
Eightball has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macamus View Post
Haha I gotta giggle

All archer armies are extremely easy to beat. You just have to use your units abilities and play it wisely after all its a strategy game right? But with a well rounded army (as an elf) its really really easy to destroy the human pure xbow/archer armies. I met a couple pure archer/xbow armies level 8+ and majority of my units was 6-8


I gained 300+ wealth yesterday from PvPing alot and only lost 1 fight because my mounted rangers didnt shoot for some reason. So saying that all archer armies are going around and killing everything is NOT true.

Please tell me how, because atm micromanaging your units is a joke, you can barely give out 2 commands per 10 seconds as it is atm, because half the time your commands just don't even get registered. I have tried different formations, like the circle one, loose formation etc, doesn't help at all. Cavalry should be the counter to archers, yet they don't, they die like everything else. All you can currently do is try to attack move your melee units, possibly micro a target with your archers to make sure they all get in range, then maybe a little micro on cav, anything more than that is just not going to happen because of the length of time it takes to issue commands to units. When a command finally does get accepted by a unit, it takes 1-2 seconds of spamming a flag marker for each unit then removing it until it has finished all your unit selection commands. The lack of polish is phenomenal. You don't even want to know what my APM is in Starcraft 2 and Dawn of War 2.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Eightball Eightball is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
Eightball has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axal011 View Post
Can't disagree with that being said. Though Ive not come across an all archer army.. Mostly Calvery armies. and to put this to a note as well, Calvery are OP as archers would be.. I had 40 knights and this guy maybe had 15 groups of calvery, and slaughtered my knights with no problem.
You are probably right on that too, I wouldn't be surprised if Cavalry were the next down OP unit, however they do cost a horrendous amount of resources to purchase, so they would be understandably so. Archers/Crossbowmen can be purchased for 200-300 gold each, or less if you use other resources too and make them yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Ducard Ducard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 49
Ducard has a default reputation
Default

What about implementing some kind of minimum range archers can shoot at?
So when Melee Units get into certain range the archers have to use melee weapons themselves and make them less powerful and more vulnerable to attacks but does not make them obsolete.

Also I think it would force players to mix out their armies since they need units too that can keep enemy armies at bay while their archers can shoot from distance.
That way it would make battles more realistic without nerfing or buffing any stats of units.

The same thing is also implemented in Total war series btw.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 AM
Eightball Eightball is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
Eightball has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducard View Post
What about implementing some kind of minimum range archers can shoot at?
So when Melee Units get into certain range the archers have to use melee weapons themselves and make them less powerful and more vulnerable to attacks but does not make them obsolete.

Also I think it would force players to mix out their armies since they need units too that can keep enemy armies at bay while their archers can shoot from distance.
That way it would make battles more realistic without nerfing or buffing any stats of units.

The same thing is also implemented in Total war series btw.
Yep, thats exactly how most games deal with it. Ranged units in melee, can no longer fire. Total war, Dawn of War etc.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 AM
axal011 axal011 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 209
axal011 has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Yep, thats exactly how most games deal with it. Ranged units in melee, can no longer fire. Total war, Dawn of War etc.
I have to agree to this... BUT! thats for open field.. what about on walls, or behind a fortified structure?


ALSO to note.. They need to make it to where Soldiers can still attack when getting hit with arrows.. Ive seen my hero get hit and it interupts his attacks, so he cant attack at all when being hit

Last edited by axal011 : 10-07-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Eightball Eightball is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20
Eightball has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axal011 View Post
I have to agree to this... BUT! thats for open field.. what about on walls, or behind a fortified structure?


ALSO to note.. They need to make it to where Soldiers can still attack when getting hit with arrows.. Ive seen my hero get hit and it interupts his attacks, so he cant attack at all when being hit
Well if you are behind a wall, you aren't going to get melee'd are you? If the enemy is behind your wall or on your tower meleeing you too, you deserve not to shoot lol. There are walls and castles and terrain features in those other games too you know. And if archers interrupt attacks, thats just 1 more thing wrong with them making them OP.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Gongora Gongora is offline
Elven Sect:
Grand Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Gongora has good reputation
Default

The guy is right, I used fully upgraded mounted knights lvl 5 all homeland upgrades for armor and attack, and military mastery, still got the **** kicked out of me by archers lower lvl then me before I could even flank them out in the open....Archers need a fix.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.