Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

The ORK bug thread (Quests + other) - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation
Default The ORK bug thread (Quests + other)

Ok so in the hear me out thread it was said we should report these orc bugs in the bug forum, So here it is the orc bug thread, Now every orc should post their problem and bug in this thread so we can keep everything tidy in one place.

A few things that i have encountered that i really am suffering becuase of..

-Orc npc 'krak urnen'will NOT talk to me, Relog / restart does not fix this and you can attack him. I have tried killing them and relogging so he respawns this does not work either. I cannot continue on my quest line anymore and its been like this for a few days. So yes...completely stuck in terms of questing and im not even that far just started,

-Orc 'View army' Areas, These have been crashing us for a long time namely just the orc starting city lands that do this, elf and human work alright.

-Advisor at the orc hut 'sometimes' doesnt respond either and you can attack him, This is fixed via a relog but can get annoying when it occurs.

-*RARE* Sometimes Warg pens spawn only one warg and not a group with near death hp, It spawns the group of wargs but they are individual not a group so when you select em you get about 9 warg 'groups'. Sorry if thats confusing hard to explain, but ive encountered this once so ive put it as rare.

Please all orc players add your bugs / crashes so we can get these fixed

Last edited by ThatguyAds1298 : 10-06-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Bugs: Orc Buildings does not remember your spawn setting (aside from great hut).

Goblin tents: Does not remember your setting to Archer (prowler) it'll reset to meele (raiders) after spawning single unit of prowlers, It does not remember that you disabled spawning either over relogg.

Warg pen: Does not remember you disabling spawning over reset.

War pen: The Mount Slayers/impaler unit construction symbol does not work. the units is constucted but you cant see the timer for when its finished.

Last edited by White935 : 10-06-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

macamus has a default reputation

Not totallly sure if I got one of the bugs you listed so I'll just say mine to be sure so we can see if its the same problem

Quest problem: Clicking the questgiver near the grand hut throws the camera in a circling motion like when you normally talk to a NPC, except I dont get a dialogue at all. Tried relogging and exiting the game at least 4-5 times but this does not help :/ so Im stuck. This happend after I defended the orc prince from the mounted NPC army that comes in to kill him.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Orc npc 'krak urnen'will NOT talk to me, Relog / restart does not fix this and you can attack him.
Ok to help you fix this please do the following:

1) Login to your town and try to talk to him, after that exit the game, find Log1.txt file in your main Dawn of Fantasy folder, and attach it with your forum reply

2) What do you mean by will NOT talk to me - does he have a Exclamation point or Question mark above him? Can you select him? Does the cinematic start but no dialogue?

3) Can you please describe in as much details as possible the quests you remember doing last - before this has started to happen. What does it say in your quest log? Is there actually a quest that asks you to talk to Krak?

@ macamus
Could you please answer the same questions - but with regard to your main Adviser - Jentok and also post the logs.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

macamus has a default reputation

2. He has a exclamation point above his head. I can select him, and when I do the cinematic starts and the camera circles around the NPC and me just like normal, but the dialogue never shows up.

3. I have finished making the War pyre and killed the first army on world ma which I have to deliver to Jentok. The Issue occured right after I defeated the mounted NPC unit that came to kill the Orc prince that came to my settlement so its rather early on in the quest line
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (797.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

1) Login to your town and try to talk to him, after that exit the game, find Log1.txt file in your main Dawn of Fantasy folder, and attach it with your forum reply - Done

2) What do you mean by will NOT talk to me - does he have a Exclamation point or Question mark above him? Can you select him? Does the cinematic start but no dialogue?

-He has a green question mark above his head, i can select him, the cinematic does not start he can be attacked too.

3) Can you please describe in as much details as possible the quests you remember doing last - before this has started to happen. What does it say in your quest log? Is there actually a quest that asks you to talk to Krak?

Ok so im on the quest to talk to krak urnen at the moment hes on my city map, The last quest i did i think was the second time you have to go out your city with an army..gah what was it called... i think it was the one where you have to kill the orc mounted on the warg, And the quest has an 'optional' objective to tame a few ogres in the area to help you.

I am Desert orcs.

I hope that helps... if you need anything else from me let me know, Sorry i didnt give many details earlier.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (132.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Oh and i forgot.. the quest im on now is 'Jentokk Karred - Visit Krak urnen'
Old 10-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Made a full army of goblins today for fun to see how they do but every single time I try'd to pvp with them I would get a conection error even after a few relogs. Made a camp with them later and everytime someone would try to attack them i'd get the same error or it would freeze up. Goblins can't fight on their own or something?

@ThatguyAds1298 I just deleted my old town and started a new one, haven't seen the bug since and farther into the story game now then before. It's a pain but lets you play at least over the weekend unless you have some crown armys you want to hang onto.

Last edited by Magicmud83 : 10-07-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Defilus has a default reputation

Bugs:

- Marauders sometimes stop hunting even when there are animals nearby, reclicking "Task to hunting" fixes it but it's annoying.

- When laborers are reassigned to gather somewhere else they tend to return all the way to the building where they used to dump their resources before the reassignment, even when there is a closer hut nearby.

EDIT:
- Labourers randomly stop aswell. just like the Marauders they can be put to work again by just giving them their task again, no relog needed.

- Everytime I relog I have lost some resources. For example my town was full, had to relog because of a bug and when I returned the resources dropped to 2300/5000. Happens everytime.
north
- I am playing orcs --> forest and for some strange reason some lone labourers and sometimes marauders walk to the north corner of the map and then just wander around.

- When I try to turn Impalers and Slayers into Warg riders they do not always come out of the warg pen. I cant check how far they are done due to an other bug but I doubt it takes an hour. Relogging fixes this sometimes but only for those that were put in the pen before the relog. Edit: If it does take that long, then please fix the timer display on the warg pen asap.

(Will update this post with more bugs).

Last edited by Defilus : 10-09-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Armor Bug

Playing as Desert Orc, Useing Slayers (noticed it on goblins who's not affected too, so it might be universal) the Bonuses From Formations arnt correctly.

When my orcs goes into "battle stand" and are suposed to gain 20% armor. they LOSE armor. Same with goblins. i presume this is the same with all other units useing battle stand formation. i havnt tested the other formations yet (i need to do the upgrade).